Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero 4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts
Which do you think will be the better game? I like the drumset for GH4, but I'm not sure which game has the advantage past that. I'm sure there will be more dowloadable content for RB2.
abom66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 abom66
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
DEFINETLY GH4!!!!! its drums are sick, and ive always been a guitar hero fan!!!
cadiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cadiu
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts

same here as adom

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
Guitar Hero 4 for sure
DarkMaster7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#5 DarkMaster7991
Member since 2006 • 1585 Posts
Well GH 4 has better drums, you can make you own songs, the guitar for GH is way better. I hate the Rock Band one. The only cool thing was the solo frets and I never use them anyways. Rock Band was a dissappointment. A few changed to band world tour and songs won't help.But we also know more on GH 4 than Rock Band 2 so it's hard ot tell right now.
PdPstyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#6 PdPstyle
Member since 2007 • 245 Posts
depends if the drums are compatible like the guitars are. I wont be getting the GH4 set though as i already have rock band and what on earth would I do with two sets of drums and mics? I just hope they will make the drums in good spirate so that they are compatible with both games so i can just buy the disk if the songs are any good.
DarkMaster7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 DarkMaster7991
Member since 2006 • 1585 Posts

depends if the drums are compatible like the guitars are. I wont be getting the GH4 set though as i already have rock band and what on earth would I do with two sets of drums and mics? I just hope they will make the drums in good spirate so that they are compatible with both games so i can just buy the disk if the songs are any good.PdPstyle

Although it could happen both set might not be compatiable. Since there both competition. Actvision/Neversoft has had problems with Harmonix with the GH Guitar on the PS3. So if you get both games you might need both sets.

b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
I'm leaning towards GH4 right now. I love the drums with the cymbals.
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
i'll be getting Rock Band 2, unless they greatly improve GH4. the previews for GH4 sound good, but to me 3 was a major disappointment, the DLC is terrible, and i just don't really trust the name now.
fleasquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 fleasquire
Member since 2004 • 2001 Posts
Like the other guy said, what am I gonna do with another set of toy drums? Not to mention that Rock Band has better downloadable content, and the stuff you already downloaded will appear on Rock Band 2. Im not saying one is better than the other, they both have their strengths and weaknesses, but Im sticking with Rock Band, at least for now.
patriots2871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 patriots2871
Member since 2007 • 21445 Posts
GH4
spydersvenom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 spydersvenom7
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts

Why do we need to pick sides? How many of you have both Rock Band and Guitar Hero III? I'm getting both. As for bundles, I've got Rock Band and although I CAN afford the GH:WT bundle, I won't on principle. Guitar Hero: World Tour ripped off Rock Band down to the title and then just added one thing to make it all incompatible. While I hate that Guitar Hero did that, I also love the genre and the games, so I'm going to buy the game by itself. I like that Rock Band 2 is compatible with Rock Band and that all the songs are backward compatible and forward compatible (meaning the DLC is going to be "Rock Band DLC" and compatible with all Rock Band games). Additionally they are also teasing the original tracks from Rock Band is free DLC when Rock Band 2 comes out, which will make all kinds of wierd issues with Gamestop as the game will become useless.

As for compatability, on the 360 I'm pretty sure the guitar and drums for GH: WT will work in rock band, but not the other way because they're one pad short. If you don't already own a bundle, buy the GH: WT bundle and use it with both games. On the PS3, unfortunately, Sony lets them alter their technology so they won't be compatible. Make no mistake, the biggest problem I have with Activision/Neversoft (Guitar Hero: World Tour) is that they cloned Rock Band (which I can't really jump on them because what else are they going to do?) but they ALSO are working to make Rock Band and Guitar Hero completely incompatible. I like Rock Band because it is more about making everything work together.

So to answer the question, I'll be buying both Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero: World Tour but game only, no bundles.

spydersvenom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 spydersvenom7
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts
Sorry to double post, but until you see a confirmed setlist or until we find out more about Rock Band 2 (supposedly the setlist and complete details on the game will be at E3 next week), how can you guess which is better? Have they confirmed or denied that Rock Band 2 doesn't have a song editor? They both are basically the same game, they both have 80+ songs that are master tracks only, they both have online, and (hopefully) they both have online World Tour. Until the details on Rock Band 2 come in, how can we really speculate?
RKO510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RKO510
Member since 2005 • 2021 Posts
Rock Band 2.
Civfan333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Civfan333
Member since 2007 • 334 Posts
GH4, because of it's awesome drums and I've always been a GH fan...
gladi8or19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 gladi8or19
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts

i want create a song, because theres no White Stripes... i want a better songlist... maybe some more guitar hero's on the game, cough cough, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Clapton, ACDC, Stripes.

eTrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 eTrace
Member since 2003 • 3042 Posts
i just play the guitar so im biased, but rock bands guitar sections are so amazingly weak that im not gonna even give rock band 2 a chance lol
Nick-42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nick-42
Member since 2006 • 1786 Posts
I dunno yet, it really comes down to set list and DLC... ahh who am I kidding? I'll end up getting both...
darkkillerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 darkkillerr
Member since 2005 • 361 Posts

I think harmonix are better in music game so I will take RB2

and imo i think gh2 was really better than gh3

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts

Why do we need to pick sides? How many of you have both Rock Band and Guitar Hero III? I'm getting both.spydersvenom7

This doesn't hold up as an argument seeming RB did something GH3 did not. GH:WT on the other hand seems very comparable to RB2.

Additionally they are also teasing the original tracks from Rock Band is free DLC when Rock Band 2 comes out, which will make all kinds of wierd issues with Gamestop as the game will become useless.

spydersvenom7
Do you have a link for that? I have been wondering how they will pull off the feat of having all the main setlist from the first without requiring a disc swap... This sounds like a great idea. Two games for the price of one in that regard if it happens. ----------------------------------------------------------- As for my stand of which one will be better. It is still up in the air, but I see RB2 being a better investment than GH:WT for those of us that already have RB. And to those that follow blindly the GH name, that is precisely the concern I have with them competing against RB. If RB bows out because they can't beat out the brand recognition that is GH... that would be a sad day UNLESS GH brings something better to the table... and one extra drum pad and 'writers' mode is hardly a good trade when it comes to what RB currently offers.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#21 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

Rock Band 2.

Harmonix made Guitar Hero what it was. Activision simply bought the license from them and began whoring the game out. I realize business is business, but when you've got slowdown problems, bad DLC and those ridiculous boss battles I can't in good conscience support what they've done to the franchise. Way to Tony Hawk the Guitar Hero games, Activision.

firebolt142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 firebolt142
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts
GH4
jakedogg14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jakedogg14
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts
I bet they will basically be the same thing.
Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts
DEFINITELY Rock Band. GH games are difficulty for the sake of difficulty. Rock Band is much more fun and more enjoyable all around.
stringer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 stringer4
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts

the games are the SAME THING , am I the only know who gets this

its all going to come down to the songs

I love harmonix and hate activision, and I all ready have rock band and alot of content for it, so my choice is kinda clear

tgh93_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tgh93_29
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts
Song creation makes gh4 the clearcut winner. If both games have the same features and gh4 has song writing I dont even see an argument. Plus gamepro says gh4 already has a 90 son setlist so it will be hard to beat. And gh4 could have a lot of dlc, but rock band gets to keep the dlc songs for rock band to so that is a plus.
stringer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 stringer4
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts

sorry for double but many people will buy guitar hero 4 just becuase it has "guitar hero" on it, witch is pretty dumb

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts

GH4. I liked GH3, and I'm a drummer.

julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts

Guitar Hero 4 for sureSSBFan12

GH4 will have the band, create modes, and the difficulty nuff said.

silostrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 silostrike
Member since 2008 • 200 Posts
it seems like none of you have heard yet but rock band 2 has DREAM THEATER. an 80 song setlist. music creation. jam session mode. and a fully fleshed out and improved band world tour mode, chalege mode where you pick different song paths as you advance and a battle o fthe bands mode. the only thing guitar hero 4 has on this game is difficulty. i like the guitar parts hard. if harmonix was smart they would ratchet up the difficulty for veterans starting with rock band 2's release. i have no complaints with 4 pad drums as they can easily make it harder. i'm getting rock band 2 wether or not i get guitar hero 4. btw i play drums 2 so i am actually looking for harder drum tracks. and am deffinitly looking forward to dream theatre for that even though Panic Attack is fairly simple it will be the hardest yet on rock band for drums
Natedogg_NJB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Natedogg_NJB
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
But the create a song wont come with vocals.
wazzap1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wazzap1
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts

RB2 hands down - why you crazy gh4 fans ask?

because gh4 is simply copying RB and RB2

Harmonix created gh1 and gh2, then split up before gh3

gh3 was horrible because the game was way too hard (although i still beat it) and multiplayer mode was a piece of crap

Harmonix went on to create Rock Band, and with people, its a big hit

wazzap1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wazzap1
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts

sorry for double but many people will buy guitar hero 4 just becuase it has "guitar hero" on it, witch is pretty dumb

stringer4

i know its crap. and its not even guitar hero anymore. they just plopped the drums and vocals in there and all of a sudden people love it. look at both the mics, guitar hero did nothing but plop their logo on there. with the drums the symbals are way to wobbly and maybe if you hit it too hard something might happen . idk lets just see when it comes out

and RB2 comes out before GH4 so.....yeah :P

AeRo619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AeRo619
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts
well i dont have room for GH4 so i'll be getting RB2, if RB DRums and guitar are compatible illl be getting that, but it will depend on the songlist and RB2s song list looks awesome
Jbattsk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jbattsk
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Guitar Hero 4 by alot :) it looks awesome