Ridiculous locking of posts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mistablair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 mistablair
Member since 2003 • 690 Posts

There are a lot of posts that are being locked for mentioning GTAIV... this one probably is now too.

I understand there is a sticky, but that's like making an "XBOX 360 Sticky" or even just a "VIDEO GAMES" one on the main forum page and force everyone to filter through it all.

Stickies should be for simple questions like "GTAIV Review, Agree?" "GTA IV How to get Online" "GTAIV Mission Help" etc etc.

It is ridiculous, it's comparable to going to a packed grocery store, but only one cashier is open. Nobody likes that.

imakillaholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 imakillaholic
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts
Very true indeed, it's so annoying. Everything about GTA is getting locked, but I do understand a little bit, but jeez, it's out of control.
mistablair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mistablair

Very true indeed, it's so annoying. Everything about GTA is getting locked, but I do understand a little bit, but jeez, it's out of control.imakillaholic

I understand if everyone said "I like this game," however, if anyone has a real question it just gets lost. Is it such a big deal if for a few days everyone was allowed to talk about the most anticipated/highly rate game this year?

imakillaholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 imakillaholic
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts

Yeah, I know, and people who will post in the sticky, most likely wont get there question answered since so many different topics are being posted.

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
This is definitely true.
pancho76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pancho76
Member since 2003 • 80 Posts

There are a lot of posts that are being locked for mentioning GTAIV... this one probably is now too.

I understand there is a sticky, but that's like making an "XBOX 360 Sticky" or even just a "VIDEO GAMES" one on the main forum page and force everyone to filter through it all.

Stickies should be for simple questions like "GTAIV Review, Agree?" "GTA IV How to get Online" "GTAIV Mission Help" etc etc.

It is ridiculous, it's comparable to going to a packed grocery store, but only one cashier is open. Nobody likes that.

mistablair

Finally someone said it!! You hit the nail right on the head there buddy. ITs increadibly stupid. Sure its bad to have the forum flooded with GTA IV topics and nothing else. But this is NOT a viable alternative. If its SO important to them, why dont they open up an exclusive forum from time to time. Halo 3 would of had its own forum...and now GTA IV would have its own...for a limited time. Its as simple as adding ONE link insteaad of a sticky. Besides....that would require FAR less work and resources than having people sit around and modding the threads and closing them at the rate they are doing it now.

But whatever, they wont listen.

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts

That's game forum, we already have that. Every game has their own forum, but I suppose I don't want to share the forum with PS3 users. I mean why should I care if other console has problem? Should have game forum for each console.magicalclick

The thing is, the specific game forum is flooded with idiots (seeing as we have to share it with the GameFaqs bunch who have proven time and time again that they are imcompetent douches).

mistablair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mistablair

That's game forum, we already have that. Every game has their own forum, but I suppose I don't want to share the forum with PS3 users. I mean why should I care if other console has problem? Should have game forum for each console.magicalclick

I do realize there is that forum, but as the person after has posted it is sort of second tier. It's not easy to get to (that I know of). The only way I know is by searching (which often is a bad idea as there are many boards wth GTAIV in them) or by going to the main page clicking on the game profile and clicking forum.

It would be much easier if they integrated it all under the "Forums" tab. You click on Xbox360 and then there could be a list or a pop-up menu of the popular games boards. That's just an idea, you think with a team of paid professionals they could improve on it.

slayer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 slayer85
Member since 2006 • 926 Posts
they just like to lock threads to "power" trip
jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts
GTA IV topics belong in the GTA IV forum, for now.
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

The link below is for GTAIV, so go post there!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/grandtheftauto4/forum.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;forums