Restore deleted Game saves from xbox 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for starclimber1928
starclimber1928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 starclimber1928
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hey guys My brother is leaving for college and he took his xbox with him. Thinking ahead I bought my own and started to transfer my game saves from his xbox to mine using a 4 gb flash drive as the intermediate. During the transfer, it asked me if I wanted to overwrite my profile. I clicked no and after the successful transfer i checked my flash drive and it contained my profile still. So, to make more room I went to delete the profile and it asked me if I wanted to delete the profile or the profile and all related files. Unfortunately I clicked the latter one and it deleted every save game I had. Long story short, I lost everything except my gamertag which I got from recover gamertag. After the incident, I started to do strenuous research resulting in a couple finds including http://www.ehow.com/how_2080168_connect-xbox-computer-transfer-data.html and http://us.codejunkies.com/support/article.aspx?article_id=272. I have made sure I didnt overwrite my lost data, and still nothing is working. I rather not pay money, mod my xbox (as i just got it) ,or actually break open my hardrive. Thanks for your time and patience.
tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
I'm not quite understanding what exactly you're saying, but once your saves are gone, they're gone. This happened to me once, on the old dashboard, but I only deleted my profile and because of some glitch-up, I lost all of my game saves, though the only game that seemed to be affected was SONIC THE HEDGEHOG. At least I didn't lose any achievements!
starclimber1928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 starclimber1928
Sorry, I can be unclear at times. What dont u undderstand? Thats exactly what I thought too, but then I learned the idea of computer therensics which, in short, says that once something is delted there is a small piece that still remains which can be recovered. There are many programs out there that can do this task, but because I first have to connect my xbox to my computer to be able to use some of these, the task becomes more difficult.
dissembled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dissembled
Member since 2003 • 357 Posts
[QUOTE="starclimber1928"]Hey guys My brother is leaving for college and he took his xbox with him. Thinking ahead I bought my own and started to transfer my game saves from his xbox to mine using a 4 gb flash drive as the intermediate. During the transfer, it asked me if I wanted to overwrite my profile. I clicked no and after the successful transfer i checked my flash drive and it contained my profile still. So, to make more room I went to delete the profile and it asked me if I wanted to delete the profile or the profile and all related files. Unfortunately I clicked the latter one and it deleted every save game I had. Long story short, I lost everything except my gamertag which I got from recover gamertag. After the incident, I started to do strenuous research resulting in a couple finds including http://www.ehow.com/how_2080168_connect-xbox-computer-transfer-data.html and http://us.codejunkies.com/support/article.aspx?article_id=272. I have made sure I didnt overwrite my lost data, and still nothing is working. I rather not pay money, mod my xbox (as i just got it) ,or actually break open my hardrive. Thanks for your time and patience.

Oh my God dude, I did the exact same thing. I wanted to delete the profile from my stick but it deleted the one from my hard drive instead. WTF! Unfortunately, you can't restore saves. Not that I know of anyway.
starclimber1928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 starclimber1928
haha glad im not alone