Response to Mass Effect Fox News Sex Scene Debate

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hairyassapeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 hairyassapeman
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts

Everyone's probably heard about this already, but have you seen this response?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPGvIn288JM

OMG, I don't know whether to like the guy or think he's a total douche. And check out the flame war going on the comments between him and some religious nut who thinks video games should all be banned. Unreal.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

This is why Youtube sucks. In order to intelligently get your point across you need to do some simple things and this guy highlights what not to do by doing them:

1. Don't swear. It makes you look stupid.
  2. Don't repeat "Where is the version that they played?"
  3. Don't say "Man".
  4. Don't get all 14 year old boy giddy when talking about a lesbian sex scene.
  5. Don't stage your scene with a BBQ utensil and a bag of trash.

These massive errors are what the "right" sees as the general gaming population and it makes us all look bad.

The only thing this guy gets right is that Fox news what completely wrong in their attack on Mass Effect.
hairyassapeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hairyassapeman
LOL, I had a good laugh at your reply. "Don't stage your scene with a BBQ utensil and a bag of trash." lol. I had to watch it again to see that. Didn't notice it the first time. This dude has some seriously weird stuff up on youtube. He really needs help I reckon.
Tweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Tweep
Member since 2005 • 125 Posts
All I can say is that I want my $60 back!!! I put up with that whiny Marine for half of the game... I FINALLY get her in the sack, after listening to her **** and **** about her family history and nothing. No frontal nudity, no scene that I can fully and interactively control, NOTHING!!! I was hoping for so much more and I feel very let down. lol
hairyassapeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hairyassapeman
lol, sounds like just like the guy in the video, that we all wish we had "the version that Fox News played".
callen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 callen3
Member since 2005 • 1289 Posts
And because of the digital chip age in which we live - "Mass Effect" can be customized to sodomize whatever, whoever, however, the game player wishes.

With it's "over the net" capabilities virtual orgasmic rape is just the push of a button away.
mannholloway1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 mannholloway1
Member since 2004 • 1183 Posts
I love this young womens response "jusserfin (1 hour ago) Well, I'm a 44 year old MOTHER, and the Fox broadcast really had me angry! Me and my kids are all avid gamers, and I have to tell you, they can get in worse "trouble", and have more "sexual encounters" playing WOW than mass effects! These idiots need to stop trying to censor what all kids can play and start worrying about their OWN kids. I mean they really need to MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS, and let us mind ours."
1blackhearted1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 1blackhearted1
Member since 2005 • 708 Posts

I love this young womens response "jusserfin (1 hour ago) Well, I'm a 44 year old MOTHER, and the Fox broadcast really had me angry! Me and my kids are all avid gamers, and I have to tell you, they can get in worse "trouble", and have more "sexual encounters" playing WOW than mass effects! These idiots need to stop trying to censor what all kids can play and start worrying about their OWN kids. I mean they really need to MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS, and let us mind ours." mannholloway1

Amen, Momma!!

Avatar image for 206461861543079188321160707076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 206461861543079188321160707076
Member since 2005 • 1256 Posts

The fact that Fox News would even air that is ridiculous. You never see a news report about kids seeing a certain scene in a rated R movie because parents know not to let their kids watch them. When it comes to video games a lot of the same parents will buy a game like Mass Effect for their child without looking at the M rating because it looks like a harmless scifi shooter. Though it would be the same as buying them a rated R movie. I got a good laugh at the one panelist who suggested the esrb should get their heads examined for not giving this game an AO rating when she never even played the game. I guess she doesnt understand the rating system either.

hairyassapeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hairyassapeman

This guy got like 3000 hits and 100 comments and now he thinks he's the hero of the gaming community....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPNyfaX_nKA

OMG

quader_ac400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 quader_ac400
Member since 2007 • 801 Posts
Fox News just needed somthing to complain about
vhayste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vhayste
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts
Unbelievable... if they really researched their report properly, they should have played the game first. Before even complaining.
Avatar image for GameMasterCraig
GameMasterCraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GameMasterCraig
Member since 2007 • 630 Posts
I heard that the whole seen was a let down. lol.
nsizemore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nsizemore
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

This is why Youtube sucks. In order to intelligently get your point across you need to do some simple things and this guy highlights what not to do by doing them:

Don't swear. It makes you look stupid.Don't repeat "Where is the version that they played?"Don't say "Man".Don't get all 14 year old boy giddy when talking about a lesbian sex scene.Don't stage your scene with a BBQ utensil and a bag of trash.

These massive errors are what the "right" sees as the general gaming population and it makes us all look bad.

The only thing this guy gets right is that Fox news what completely wrong in their attack on Mass Effect. Large_Soda

Exactly my thought Large_Soda.

Even though the guys point is that Fox News was wrong to accuse Mass Effect of scenes of full nudity, his actions said otherwise. To me, this guy is one of the people that Fox News described. He's the boy that would wait until he was alone at home and then play "dad's video game". His style was just very unprofessional and it sickens me that he must make this situation even worse.

david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
He's right, but he needs to work on his rants so he doesn't look so foolish.
crazychris90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#17 crazychris90
Member since 2004 • 510 Posts

In the UK, the age ratings are all over the place, maybe because of the scene I don't know.

Get this: A 12 year old walks into Gamestation and finds Mass Effect, but he found two cases next to each other. One was the BBFC version (rated 12) and the other was the PEGI (rated 18+). Well the kids obviously gonna pick the BBFC ver. up, well what is the difference.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
These people need to quite while their ahead. Nothing in the game is bad, besides all the killing of course.
secondomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 secondomen
Member since 2003 • 885 Posts

And because of the digital chip age in which we live - "Mass Effect" can be customized to sodomize whatever, whoever, however, the game player wishes.

With it's "over the net" capabilities virtual orgasmic rape is just the push of a button away.
callen3

uhhh

therealderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 therealderek
Member since 2003 • 311 Posts

In the UK, the age ratings are all over the place, maybe because of the scene I don't know.

Get this: A 12 year old walks into Gamestation and finds Mass Effect, but he found two cases next to each other. One was the BBFC version (rated 12) and the other was the PEGI (rated 18+). Well the kids obviously gonna pick the BBFC ver. up, well what is the difference.

crazychris90

The difference is you don't have a-holes ranting on news shows about it. However, if you in fact do, I apologize. :)

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts
[QUOTE="Large_Soda"]

Don't swear. It makes you look stupid.Don't repeat "Where is the version that they played?"Don't say "Man".Don't get all 14 year old boy giddy when talking about a lesbian sex scene.Don't stage your scene with a BBQ utensil and a bag of trash.

The only thing this guy gets right is that Fox news what completely wrong in their attack on Mass Effect. nsizemore

Exactly my thought Large_Soda.

Even though the guys point is that Fox News was wrong to accuse Mass Effect of scenes of full nudity, his actions said otherwise. To me, this guy is one of the people that Fox News described. He's the boy that would wait until he was alone at home and then play "dad's video game". His style was just very unprofessional and it sickens me that he must make this situation even worse.

Well said!!!!!!! This degree of mindless ranting as a rebuttal to Fox news bashing Mass Effect is embarrassing for the gaming community as a whole. I sincerely hope that he was under the influence when he made that video:P