Remedy: Alan Wake has clearly been a critical success, Wants Alan Wake 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ice_man_1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Ice_man_1985
Member since 2005 • 4700 Posts

Mikko Rautalahti and the team at Remedy studios are very happy with the reception Alan Wake has received. Mikko even adds that they'd have to be goddamn idiots to not be satisfied. The praise have been so positive that they will love to make a sequel to Alan Wake to top their first game if everything goes well.

Yeah, we don't really look at the Metascore all that much. It'd be nice if it was really high, of course, but considering how much praise we've gotten this far, we feel pretty good about the whole thing.

Clearly, it's been a critical success; the fact that some people feel differently about it doesn't change the fact that of the scores listed in the first post of this thread, there are eight perfect scores, and over 40 give us a 9 or a better. Only 7 reviews have given us a score of less than 8. That tells us in no uncertain terms that there's a lot of love for Alan Wake out there, and we'd have to be complete goddamn idiots to not be satisfied with that. I mean, sure, the next time, we definitely hope to top that, it's nice to have something to aim for, but we're pretty damn far from disappointed.-Mikko Rautalahti

The positive reception is clearly there, now go and buy the game if you want to see Alan Wake 2.

Well, it's certainly no secret that we'd love to make a second one if the first one does well. But since the game isn't even out yet, it's really up in the air.-Mikko Rautalahti

source: http://themindchannel.blogspot.com/2010/05/remedy-alan-wake-has-clearly-been.html

i hope it sell's well, i want to see a sequel.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
The key for a game to have a sequel is if the original sells well. The ratings don't mean much to the businessmen who have to invest in the sequal.
Ice_man_1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ice_man_1985
The key for a game to have a sequel is if the original sells well. The ratings don't mean much to the businessmen who have to invest in the sequal. KC_Hokie
okay, and everyone knows that.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Already paid in full ICEMAN! :D
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
True, can't really call it a success until it's been released..lol. I don't know why, but I feel like it's weird that they'd look at the reviews for determining that the game has been a "critical success!" Usually that's determined by the consumers. Anyways, I can't wait for this game, I hope it's as fun as it looks and I wonder how they'll keep the game from having a yawn factor.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

That's great news for Remedy. I'll be waiting to get Alan Wake. (I want to see it for the PC in E3)

Ice_man_1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ice_man_1985
Already paid in full ICEMAN! :DElian2530
that makes us two :D
Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

Now I'm curious as to this game's ending. Will it end with a "to be continued" or will they simply come up with something completely different for the potential second.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gamer082009

Now I'm curious as to this game's ending. Will it end with a "to be continued" or will they simply come up with something completely different for the potential second.

DamianAlexander
I hear it has a terrible ending to get you to buy DLC content or something like that. And to get you to play it twice. I'm not too fond of playing single-player games twice. I like to beat em and then get rid of em.
alnabhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 alnabhan
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

will you think that remedy will surprise us after alan wake 8)

Ice_man_1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ice_man_1985

will you think that remedy will surprise us after alan wake 8)

alnabhan
can't say more, they already surprised us with AW release date back in e3 :lol:, so it's a matter of time that hopefully AW will have a solid sale figures, and i hope remedy will get there, because if didn't, remedy will suffer a lot, they bet the entire money production on AW.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I feel like it's weird that they'd look at the reviews for determining that the game has been a "critical success!" Usually that's determined by the consumers. gamer082009

No, that's never determined by the consumers

Critical success means a success with the critics so it can't apply to anything else

stoutlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 stoutlad
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts

[QUOTE="gamer082009"]I feel like it's weird that they'd look at the reviews for determining that the game has been a "critical success!" Usually that's determined by the consumers. Jaysonguy

Critical success means a success with the critics so it can't apply to anything else

This. "Critical" success. Critics. Critical. See the link there? They didn't say anything about it being a *financial* success yet. Ratings = critical. Sales = financial.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamer082009

[QUOTE="gamer082009"]I feel like it's weird that they'd look at the reviews for determining that the game has been a "critical success!" Usually that's determined by the consumers. Jaysonguy

Ok, that does make sense. I probably read it wrong..I'm just not use to developers touting a games success before it's been released that's all.