Red Dead Revolution?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamingboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamingboss
Member since 2010 • 170 Posts

I have heard many rumors of this game coming soon. This would be really cool if it happened, seeing how great Redemption was. It could be with little Jack.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

I know it would be weird considering its a western, but I'd love some way for them to tie it into WWI or WWII.

Nazi's in Red Dead? Franz Ferdniad? But yea it should focus on John's son, maybe when he's even older. Maybe in a part of Europe that isn't as advanced where they use horses a lot in the 1930s pre-WWII.

Maybe its during WWI and everyone gets drafted except Jack, thus bandits and all around bad dudes start raiding towns.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

^Guaranteed will not happen. Red Dead is a Western series, they will have a new protaganist for the next one, someone who is not Jack Marston.

rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

^Guaranteed will not happen. Red Dead is a Western series, they will have a new protaganist for the next one, someone who is not Jack Marston.

Vari3ty

He could make a cameo :)

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Even if it does come, it won't be "soon". GTAV is likely to get promoted in the upcoming time...
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
Given how many units the game sold I think its more or less a certainty that red dead will get more full games but I doubt very much if it'll be a carry on of redemption with an older little jack. As you notice a lot during the game the west is at that point where change is taking place and modern life as we know it is starting to take hold. Beyond the date that redemption is set in a cowboy bandit doesnt really have a place in the west anymore. In short it'll likely be a whole new character if not infact a whole new start seperate from the world of john marstan
Clavius42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Clavius42
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I wouldn't light any candles just yet. :) I think there's plenty of life left in the western genre.

Check out my blog!

http://gameviewfakegamingsnewsprinttofit.blogspot.com/

kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

rangegear

He could make a cameo :)

I don't think he would make a cameo if it's set AFTER Red Dead Redemption..

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
Rockstar is pretty busy with other things right now. LA Noire...and even though it hasn't been officially announced yet, I would be very surprised if GTA V isn't well under way. If we were to go back to the Red Dead world, I would love to see a prequel as a young Landon Ricketts.
Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]Rockstar is pretty busy with other things right now. LA Noire...and even though it hasn't been officially announced yet, I would be very surprised if GTA V isn't well under way. If we were to go back to the Red Dead world, I would love to see a prequel as a young Landon Ricketts.

I feel that an equally cool prequel would be to go back and play as John Marston again, but get to go through when he actually rode with Dutch.
Sweet_Genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sweet_Genocide
Member since 2009 • 777 Posts

Rockstar is pretty busy with other things right now. LA Noire...and even though it hasn't been officially announced yet, I would be very surprised if GTA V isn't well under way. If we were to go back to the Red Dead world, I would love to see a prequel as a young Landon Ricketts.DJ_Magneto
Almost every Rockstar game at the moment is being made by a diffefrent developer. Rockstar San Diego is working on the RAGE engine and a unannounced title, Rockstar Vancouver is working on Max Payne 3 and Bully 2, Rockstar North is working on what most people believe to be the next GTA, Team Bondi is working on L.A. Noire. Rockstar (New York) has to oversee all these projects. Rockstar San Diego is probably working on a new Red Dead or the next Midnight Club. The point I'm trying to make is that "Rockstar" is never too busy with any one title to be working on another.

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts

Rockstar Vancouver is working on Max Payne 3 and Bully 2, Sweet_Genocide

Bully 2? Where did you hear that? I thought that Bully 2 had been abandoned a loooooong time ago.

Sweet_Genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sweet_Genocide

[QUOTE="Sweet_Genocide"]Rockstar Vancouver is working on Max Payne 3 and Bully 2, Jurassic85

Bully 2? Where did you hear that? I thought that Bully 2 had been abandoned a loooooong time ago.

It's debatable. It was never officially announced. The guy that made the soundtrack said he was working on the soundtrack for the sequel over a year ago. Vancouver has a lot going on and nothing to show for it. I wouldn't be suprised if they get closed down. If Team Bondi does well, they'll probably become a Rockstar in their place.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Vari3ty

[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]Rockstar is pretty busy with other things right now. LA Noire...and even though it hasn't been officially announced yet, I would be very surprised if GTA V isn't well under way. If we were to go back to the Red Dead world, I would love to see a prequel as a young Landon Ricketts.Sweet_Genocide

Almost every Rockstar game at the moment is being made by a diffefrent developer. Rockstar San Diego is working on the RAGE engine and a unannounced title, Rockstar Vancouver is working on Max Payne 3 and Bully 2, Rockstar North is working on what most people believe to be the next GTA, Team Bondi is working on L.A. Noire. Rockstar (New York) has to oversee all these projects. Rockstar San Diego is probably working on a new Red Dead or the next Midnight Club. The point I'm trying to make is that "Rockstar" is never too busy with any one title to be working on another.

^Don't forget Agent, which I believe is being developed by Rockstar North. Hopefully that game actually sees a release date, I'd be very intereted in an espionage game made by Rockstar.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#15 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

[QUOTE="Jurassic85"]

[QUOTE="Sweet_Genocide"]Rockstar Vancouver is working on Max Payne 3 and Bully 2, Sweet_Genocide

It's debatable. It was never officially announced. The guy that made the soundtrack said he was working on the soundtrack for the sequel over a year ago. Vancouver has a lot going on and nothing to show for it. I wouldn't be suprised if they get closed down. If Team Bondi does well, they'll probably become a Rockstar in their place.

I REALLY hope this is true. I want a Bully 2 sooooo bad.
ssbib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ssbib
Member since 2011 • 108 Posts
It's a bit too soon for a sequel to Red Dead aint it?
jollycorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jollycorpse
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Bully 2 would be pretty awesome. The original was one of Rockstar's best. I just wish the school system in the original had been expanded upon. It's all you do the first half the game and then its almost completely abandoned the second half. Too bad it wasn't a more gradual introduction or didn't have more lectures to go along wiith it.
Sweet_Genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sweet_Genocide

It's a bit too soon for a sequel to Red Dead aint it?ssbib
Rockstar only releases one game a year on average, nobody said it would be soon. It could be two more years at least.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"] If we were to go back to the Red Dead world, I would love to see a prequel as a young Landon Ricketts.

Well said, New Best Friend.
gamingdude479

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamingdude479
Are they really coming out with Red Dead Revolution? If they are then what would be cool is to continue the story line from Red Dead Redemption. Where uyoulay as jack. They should also alow you to not just travel to 2 regions(America and Mexico). They should let you travel to 3 or 4 regions. Or maybe they should make the story line longer than 57 missions like there was in Red Dead Redemption. They should make it at least up to 100!!!!!!!!!
gamingdude479

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamingdude479
Are they really Coming out with it thought? If so when?
Dealer_77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dealer_77
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
yeah. played during the mexican revolution. u play as a mexican bandito
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Red Dead will be the second pot of gold from Rockstar Games.. being the first the Grand Theft Auto series. Can't complain though, bring it on.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Vari3ty

Thread is old. But anyway, I don't think we'll see the next Red Dead for at least a couple of years, and probably not until after the next gen consoles come out.

GTA-Like_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 GTA-Like_Fan

I'd like to see one like the movie ``There will be blood`` You could play a big-shot hire thugs build an empire steal lands from peoples.Would be awesome.

Anything except Jack Marston (ewww) ... LOL I'd rather replay John in another period of his life or a remake of revolver

Avatar image for RedDeadgamer479
RedDeadgamer479

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RedDeadgamer479
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I've heard many rumors of Rockstar San Diego is coming out with Red Dead Revolution! If they are when is the release date for it? They need to make another western series to add to the Red Dead Series, because Red Dead Redemption is now starting to get boring.
Avatar image for RedDeadgamer479
RedDeadgamer479

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RedDeadgamer479
Ok. Then if you know all about the game then whens the release date for it?
Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

I wouldnt expect to hear anything about it till E3 2013 at the earliest. R* still busy prepping Max Payne 3 and GTA 5 still doesn't have solid relase date, so depeneding on when GTA drops will determine the dev time for a new Red Dead, the sooner GTA 5 drops, sooner we will have Red Dead, or at least news conceringa future installment.

Urban_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Urban_Flow
Member since 2009 • 721 Posts

Even if it does come, it won't be "soon". GTAV is likely to get promoted in the upcoming time...LustForSoul
makes sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

While I do want a new installment in the series, Rockstar is releasing GTA5 this year so until then and maybe 1+ year I doubt we will see one, unless a different team is working on it.

Starkzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 Starkzard
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts

I think all priority is being put into GTA V's development at the moment, I hope we'll hear something about the Red Dead series in 2013, personally I would prefer it to be before Red Dead Redemption.

3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#32 3dfd
Member since 2008 • 767 Posts

My guess for the release of Red Dead 3 is in 2015 or above. Seriously. Rockstar usually Releases 1 game a year (this year, 2 with MaxPayne3 and GTAV). I think that they should make a new Bully game and I hear they're making LA Noire 2. So...... yeah. I thought Red Dead Redemption was a tad overrated :/

bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts
I hope they don't use his son. That ruined it for me at the end. You can't beat good ol' John Marston.
RebelCalvary44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RebelCalvary44
I hope it go back to the time of the civil war and have old weapons like flintlocks and stuff. Now that would be cool.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#35 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

They are making a new Red Dead game, but it won't be Jack. As someone else said above, it's impossible as if it did star Jack it would take place during WW1 era and the Wild West would be gone.

It should star a different character and a different time in the west. I would love to see the civil war or American Revolution, but the guns in that time period sucked.

Also I hope they make the mulitplayer better, there wasn't really much to do in RDR online. There were no trains and the towns had hardly anyone in them. It got boring just doing hide outs and gang matches.

Sn00pyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sn00pyBrown
Member since 2009 • 1061 Posts

Hopefully this time the protagonist doesn't die like a helpless child. Before you all bash me yes I know John Marston deserved to die.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#37 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Rockstar have 6 or 8 different studios.. each working on their own titles. They will be working them so they don't compete with each other. My guess is GTAV, Red Dead sequel, Bully sequel, a new IP or two and another sequel or two. Some titles in development might get scrapped, some studios might have their work halted to help on other current projects so they can meet deadlines.. who knows. Would be great to see some public insight into whats going on at the different studios. Rockstar make some great games, be awesome to know whats going on at each studio.
pspitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#38 pspitus
Member since 2006 • 2397 Posts

I haven't played the first one but from what I've seen it looked pretty awesome :). It would be cool if the game had a direct sequel, it would mean that RockStar has two different styles of sandbox game series under their belt :)