Recommendations - X-box 360 games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by WontMillion (25 posts) -
Hi My son is getting an X-box for Christmas and I plan on also using it a LOT!!! I used to be into games but haven't played any for the past few years. i was wondering whether anybody could recommend the epic 360 games that I should buy. From what I read things like Borderlands and Mass Effect seem like good choices. FWIW I like a game with a good story. Also, the selection of games for children (7 y.o) appears to be quite poor. Can anybody recommend any decent kids games?
#2 Posted by yaopingzhu (25 posts) -

I'd recommend Deus Ex: Human Revolution for you and Lego Star Wars/Batman for your son. If you have kinect, then Sesame Street TV might be worth a try.

#3 Posted by flyers_hawks11 (43 posts) -

I'd recommend Deus Ex: Human Revolution for you and Lego Star Wars/Batman for your son. If you have kinect, then Sesame Street TV might be worth a try.

yaopingzhu
Was just going to make a topic asking about deus ex. If I enjoy games like mass effect, will I enjoy this game?
#4 Posted by Jurassic85 (2191 posts) -
Deus Ex is one of the best games that I have ever played, period. Excellent story, RPG elements, actions, freedom to choose your route, side quests, etc. I also really enjoyed ME2.
#5 Posted by Dexter-010 (494 posts) -
My recommendations: - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Bulletstorm - Lego Batman/Lego Batman 2 (or what the name is)
#6 Posted by CTR360 (8528 posts) -
redemption ME3 dues ex xuman revolution darksiders2
#7 Posted by Primordialous (1313 posts) -

Here are some kid-friendly games that you could probably enjoy too.

Prince of Persia (no blood, average amount of violence)

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (blood can be turned off)

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

Need for Speed: Carbon

Batman: Arkham City

(will add more)

#8 Posted by Serial_Killa (25 posts) -

Alan Wake

Darksiders 2

Lego Star Wars 3 The Clone Wars

Batman Arkham Asylum

Assassin's Creed Revelations

Borderlands

#9 Posted by yaopingzhu (25 posts) -

[QUOTE="yaopingzhu"]

flyers_hawks11

Was just going to make a topic asking about deus ex. If I enjoy games like mass effect, will I enjoy this game?

I'm pretty confident you will as the story and the gameplay is just superb. I will say that the boss fights feels out of place compared to the rest of the game.

#10 Posted by sukraj (27508 posts) -

Kameo