Recent changes to the 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts
I've decided finally to get a 360 after much deliberation. I have 2 questions, I heard there are going to be new editions of the 360 coming soon that don't overheat and breakdown less, is this true and if so when is it hapenning. Second is there going to be a price drop soon?
gamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 gamst3r
Member since 2007 • 162 Posts

happening soon i think plus you should wait for the price drop dude

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rabakill
do you know how soon this is hapenning, I've got a week here to do nothing.
cgoliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 cgoliver
Member since 2003 • 160 Posts
Any guesses on price drop dates are purely speculation at this point. Personally, I would venture to guess that a price drop is going to come soon. As far as reliability goes, I wouldn't be surprised if the consoles available right now are less prone to overheat/fail as it looks like MS is already making steps to right their wrongs (i.e. the new three year warranty). My best guess is that you could buy one right now and you'd be alright... but that's just a guess. Good luck.
rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rabakill
crap... I want one so bad. All the games on it are so awsome, what is the point of having the hard drive? I think I might get the core if you don't need all the fancy stuff to just play games, is there any difference in performance of the games?
ringbling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ringbling
Member since 2004 • 969 Posts
I have a friend, to preface - an idiot (usually) friend. He claimed that a gamestop employee told him that their MS rep saidthey aregoing to start building the HD-DVD player in to the consoles in the future, it might be worth waiting a bit to see if they announce that. On the other hand, like I said my friend can be an idiot, as in he likes to make crap up cause he thinks it's funny to get someone to buy in to something he made up. Nonetheless, the holiday season is coming up so it might be worth waiting to see if a price drop comes this winter.
XxABIHxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 XxABIHxX
Member since 2005 • 307 Posts
no but having a hard drive is essential for online play cause maps and stuff are to big for just a memory card
rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rabakill

no but having a hard drive is essential for online play cause maps and stuff are to big for just a memory cardXxABIHxX

ok... well I am buying the normal one tomorrow probably then. I don't have a hdtv but I am going to connect it to my computer monitor

184him

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 184him
Member since 2006 • 419 Posts

do you know how soon this is hapenning, I've got a week here to do nothing.
rabakill

Probably in August

jeffrow925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jeffrow925
Member since 2004 • 205 Posts

most places like circuit city, best buy, walmart and costco got a price match thing. so if it does go on sale to a lower price within like 30 or 90 days they will give you the difference you paid for the item at the time then the price of it now. so if you buy it tomorrow for 400 bucks and 5 days later microsoft lowers the price to 350. walk back in with your receipt and get that 50 bucks from them. but there is no guarentee for price drop either.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rabakill

most places like circuit city, best buy, walmart and costco got a price match thing. so if it does go on sale to a lower price within like 30 or 90 days they will give you the difference you paid for the item at the time then the price of it now. so if you buy it tomorrow for 400 bucks and 5 days later microsoft lowers the price to 350. walk back in with your receipt and get that 50 bucks from them. but there is no guarentee for price drop either.

jeffrow925

sold! I will be able to afford 2 games, which should I get? I'm thinking oblivion and gears of war

jeffrow925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jeffrow925
Member since 2004 • 205 Posts
gears is a good game. never played oblivion but i think its still full price 59.99 or close to it. and in a month or 2 they are releaseing a oblivion game of the year edition which includes the shivering isles downloadable content (which is $20 bucks i think) on the cd itself. so its up to you if you wanna wait for that or not.
rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rabakill

gears is a good game. never played oblivion but i think its still full price 59.99 or close to it. and in a month or 2 they are releaseing a oblivion game of the year edition which includes the shivering isles downloadable content (which is $20 bucks i think) on the cd itself. so its up to you if you wanna wait for that or not.jeffrow925

yeah I'll wait, I played it on my pc but it couldn't handle it. Ok what's another top game(I don't want PDZ)

edit: nm I just found out about DOA:4, it even has online. DOA:3 was my favorite on the original xbox