Really enjoying Final Fantasy XIII

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bobomb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 bobomb64
Member since 2005 • 737 Posts

I'm only about 4 hours in but this game is really good. The battle scenes are really good, the characters are well done, and the graphics.... well... probably some of the best on the 360. Have you guys had similar experiences with this game at all? No spoilers though please guys. ;)

UnsaidWarning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 UnsaidWarning
Member since 2009 • 231 Posts

After the effect of the pretty look of the game wore off I couldn't stand the characters or lifeless storyline. Been replaying all the FF's before this and it makes XII look like a masterpiece, and those characters didn't even have a reason for being in the game.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1838 Posts

Glad you're enjoying it. I'm on the hate FF13 bandwagon. It sucked for me. Hell for the first couple hours I had no idea wtf they were doing/talking about/fighting for/ ect. (fal'cie what? l'cie who? wtf?) It was a mess with narrow pathways that just keeps going and going and going. Walk couple steps whine/complain walk a couple steps whine/complain rinse and repeat for the next 20 hours (kinda sounds like me and my opinion on this game). Coupled this with cliched type characters and I was done with it. Have you met Hope? Vanille? LOL what a joke. One's high on MJ and laughs all the time and the other is a insecure little brat.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#4 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Love it! I'm glad you're enjoying it too. It's a great game. I love the battle system especially and the characters really grew on me. FF13 is really love/hate, it seems like the opinion among users is really split. But I'm definitely on the love bandwagon for this game!

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
great game i love it i beat both versions
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

I enjoyed the overall game although the first 20 hours or so def were lacking and the story wasn't that great. The characters could be annoying at times (Vanille, Snow, Hope) but overall had good design. Its unfortunate that the combat system doesn't fully open up until the final portion of the game because its actually quite fun and challenging. I feel FF13 receives a lot of un deserved hate but it def has some major flaws. People expect more from FF games though so when it fell short that bashed it more than normal.

bobomb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bobomb64

I suppose for people that played all the originals this game may of been something that they thought would of been better. However for me, this is the first final fantasy game i've actually played, mainly due to the fact that I always owned Nintendo consoles until 4 years ago when I got the 360. I can see how people find some of the characters annoying but IMO i find them charming and loveable. In regards to the battle system it started of very basic and had me worried that I'll be pressing A the whole way through. However it does seem to be developing the further I go and is becoming quite interesting. I'm certainly looking forward to finding out what their goals are and how it all pans out, and if sarah is saved!

3DSTICKMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 3DSTICKMAN
Member since 2011 • 301 Posts
Glad you're enjoying it I personally hated the game boring as hell cutscenes to long even for an ff game... and way to frequent you;d like take 2 steps and bang another cut scene.
qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
i quit 12 hours in. so im in the hate group. worst ff game ever
bobomb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bobomb64

Glad you're enjoying it I personally hated the game boring as hell cutscenes to long even for an ff game... and way to frequent you;d like take 2 steps and bang another cut scene. 3DSTICKMAN

Yeah I have noticed that a bit. I mean Just when your really getting into battles it stops for a 5 min cutscene. As nice as they are, it does break up the play abit too much. I think at one point I had a long cutscene, then 1 fight and then another long cutscene. lol. however Im going to give this game a good go cause I am enjoying it.

HGAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 HGAT
Member since 2008 • 1366 Posts

I enjoyed the first disc then quit on the second disc, I seriously cannot find the will power to complete it. I might try againbefore Versus comes out.......

Owned and played every FF.

Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
The game is awesome, the gameplay is so cool and fast paced, great IMO. Haters gonna hate, people just like to complain, over and over, let them be.
Dave_442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dave_442
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

I enjoyed the game overall, just not as much as previous entries in the series.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19551 Posts

The gameplay was kind of fun, and it definitely looked amazing at times...but the characters and story were often unbearable. Overall, that was 50+ hours that could have been spent on much better games.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#15 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

I would have to say i finished the game but i have to admit it is the worst FF game. Some of the characters were utterly horrendous, with squeeky voice acting and such. But graphics and presentation-wise the game is beautiful.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Looks very beautiful but the story was awful and i didnt care about any characters bar Sazh. 6/10 ish.

rrhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rrhammer
Member since 2011 • 835 Posts

I never picked it up. I skipped it. I suppose i'm a bit on the traditional side of RPG's. Maybe i enjoy my cliche's too much. I've played alot of FF over the years..and as soon as i read in a preview article that some guy had a chocobo chick living in his hair i slapped the 'Reject' button. Good to hear people are enjoying it tho. FF 9 was the last good game in the series i've played (probably because the whole thing seemed like a fantasy version of Star Wars characters. to me anyway). Have fun!

lynda25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lynda25
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I'm only about 4 hours in but this game is really good. The battle scenes are really good, the characters are well done, and the graphics.... well... probably some of the best on the 360. Have you guys had similar experiences with this game at all? No spoilers though please guys. ;)

bobomb64
Well Final Fantasy XIII is a great game with great cast of characters. It has a great story and complex battle systems.
greendayR0cks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 greendayR0cks
Member since 2010 • 238 Posts
Final Fantasy 13 is a great game. It ain't no Final Fantasy 10 (Best Final Fantasy EVER!), but I still love Final Fantasy 13.
TentacleMayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 TentacleMayor
Member since 2008 • 1469 Posts
Best gameplay in a FF game yet, and almost everything else is good too... prepare for a difficulty spike from late ch. 9, just fair warning.