realistic skateboarding game? POLL.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hughami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 hughami
Member since 2009 • 1045 Posts

yes or no? i skate in real life and appreciate realness and authenticity in skateboarding games and i'm so bored of the games we've had so far, they all have horrible physics and animations and seem to always be targeted at gamers who don't skate in real life (not that there's anything wrong with that) when for at least just once there should be a skateboarding game that is realistic and is targeted at the skateboarding gamers, believe me there are plenty of us.

superjoegoal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 superjoegoal
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts

Ever Heard of SKATE?

its probs the most realistic skating game out...

how it uses the analogue sticks as if theyre your feet,

and you dont press A to jump and Y to grind...

lol

Donsavant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Donsavant

If you want realism why don you just skateboard. I play guitar but have no problem with guitar hero not being realistic. I just pick up my guitar when I want to play for real.

Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rza_rectah
Member since 2005 • 3959 Posts

skate is the closest thing toa skate boarding sim, all that balance board bs is gimmicky and i the new THPS is going tokill that gimmick to hell and back.

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

i beleive Skate is as realistic as a video game can get what are you looking for in a skate game to make it more realistic?

hughami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hughami

Ever Heard of SKATE?

its probs the most realistic skating game out...

how it uses the analogue sticks as if theyre your feet,

and you dont press A to jump and Y to grind...

lol

superjoegoal
skate has crap physics and isnt realistic. and i do skate in real life but im not great at it so yeah i would be stoked to see a realistic skateboarding game. and just compare skate to any video parts and you'll see how drastically bad the physics are. i took 2 pushes and did a quick switch ollie and cleared a 40 foot gap! but oh yeah i forgot its realistic right :roll: .....
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

ohh your thinking of tony hawk with the 2 push clear a 40ft gap were talking skate 2 here.8)

also circa survive is a good band

Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts

yes or no? i skate in real life and appreciate realness and authenticity in skateboarding games and i'm so bored of the games we've had so far, they all have horrible physics and animations and seem to always be targeted at gamers who don't skate in real life (not that there's anything wrong with that) when for at least just once there should be a skateboarding game that is realistic and is targeted at the skateboarding gamers, believe me there are plenty of us.

hughami

i rollerbalde in real life :p. basically because when i tried to skateboard.. i was bad aha. but yes. a realistic skating game would be good. and mayb an aggressive inline game!

hughami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hughami

ohh your thinking of tony hawk with the 2 push clear a 40ft gap were talking skate 2 here.8)

also circa survive is a good band

POPEYE1716
thanks circa survive is the best! but no im talking about skate 2 here, im not joking. i mean there are tons of physics issues and i dont get how people cant notice it, even people who dont skate in real life must be able to clearly see how unrealistic the physics are. i just hope there wil be a realistic skateboarding game some day, imagine if it had the euphoria game engine it would be sick!
hughami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hughami

[QUOTE="hughami"]

CrazyGamer02149

i rollerbalde in real life :p. basically because when i tried to skateboard.. i was bad aha. but yes. a realistic skating game would be good. and mayb an aggressive inline game!

i suck at skateboarding and ive been doing it for 10 years since i was 5 lol. yeah there hasnt been any inline games for a long time, i wanna see a realistic snowboarding game too (stoked and sws arent realistic) and a bmx one.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
I honestly think that the Skate series is as realistic as its going to get. I can't really see a company trying to tackle this type of game when Skate already has clear control of the genre.... i would really love to have a realistic snowboard game though!
SirRiffAlot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SirRiffAlot
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts

You keep talking about physics. I'd like to know what you're talking about.

Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
Skate /Thread
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 phynixblack
Member since 2007 • 1113 Posts

Skate 2. Best game I have ever played for skateboarding simulation. It is unrealistic enough to be fun and realistic enough to keep itself from looking too silly.

Shidira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Shidira
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts
Skate is definitely the most realistic skateboarding game series out there, but there are obvious flaws in the physics and such. I don't think having a realistic skateboarding game would be really all that fun. It's the unrealistic features of skate games that make them fun, because you know it's something that can't be done in real life without either dying or breaking bones. In my opinion, games should stay away from realism, as it brings the game too close to reality and takes away from the real life fun of skating or anything else portrayed by the game (military and war games aside, as civilians can't experience these situations on a day to day basis). I used to skate quite a bit myself and I would be bored to tears if I were to play an hour or two of a skate game that so closely resembles real life skating that it's scary, then go out and skate for real for a few hours.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i think skate and skate 2 are going to be the most realistic games ur going to find. tony hawk games are not real at all, they are all arcadey.
Da32ozKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Da32ozKilla
Member since 2008 • 158 Posts

buddys just being a lil git, whining and complaining. Skate is a great game and realistic enjoy, why would u want a game so realistic that ur basicly urself (sucking) at skating in real life. common now.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#18 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
skate. is as realistic as I'd want a skateboarding game to get. Total realism would suck, I can do that in real life and fall on my ass for realz.
boxofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 boxofwit
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts

I skate in real life and Skate and Skate 2 are perfect. The Physics are slightly exaggerated in terms of speed but if they weren't the game would be no fun.

superjoegoal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 superjoegoal

Well the Thing is is that games are bought t help you escape from real life...

if it was too realistic, then there would be no point in goig out and skating for real!

isnt the whole point of skating is to have fun, and its the same with games.

if you took all the elements of real life, and put it in a game, no one would skate in real life, when you can do it from your own house!

come on guys, skate is realistic as its gunna get

hughami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hughami

Well the Thing is is that games are bought t help you escape from real life...

if it was too realistic, then there would be no point in goig out and skating for real!

isnt the whole point of skating is to have fun, and its the same with games.

if you took all the elements of real life, and put it in a game, no one would skate in real life, when you can do it from your own house!

come on guys, skate is realistic as its gunna get

superjoegoal
what im saying is that id just like to see a skateboarding game without floating and hardly any weight, it effs up alot of things, like handrails suck in thegame since you gotta go extremely slow just to hit them, with kinked handrails you fly out of them without going fast, i know what im talking about, i mean i just watched another skate video and it just shows how bad the physics and gravity are in skate. and i suck at skating in real life but just because of that it doesnt mean i want to play skateboarding games where there is hardly any gravity and i take two pushes and im hauling balls. the speed in the game is messed up to, like if you roll in to a bank you go hella slow until you get to the ground, just to many flaws to list.
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NOD_Grindking
Its been said 90 times already, but I will say it again... A REALLY realistic skating game would be BORING. You play games to have fun. If you have that much of a problem with it, then actually go SKATE.
hughami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hughami
[QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"]Its been said 90 times already, but I will say it again... A REALLY realistic skating game would be BORING. You play games to have fun. If you have that much of a problem with it, then actually go SKATE.

i do, and i suck, and all i want to see would be realistic physics, if you skated in real life you'd probaly know how physics work when it comes to skating handrails and gaps etc in the game its a complete failure you float over the rails unless you go unrealistically slow and then do an unrealistically high ollie, and overshooting gaps is a huge issue, also when you grind say a fflat ledge you'll float 20 feet out of it its ridiculous.
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NOD_Grindking
[QUOTE="hughami"][QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"]Its been said 90 times already, but I will say it again... A REALLY realistic skating game would be BORING. You play games to have fun. If you have that much of a problem with it, then actually go SKATE.

i do, and i suck, and all i want to see would be realistic physics, if you skated in real life you'd probaly know how physics work when it comes to skating handrails and gaps etc in the game its a complete failure you float over the rails unless you go unrealistically slow and then do an unrealistically high ollie, and overshooting gaps is a huge issue, also when you grind say a fflat ledge you'll float 20 feet out of it its ridiculous.

I have news for you, I've skated for over ten years, and i know alllll about physics:) (you learn them the first time you do a face plant.... The point I am trying to make is that if a game goes too realistic, it looses the "fun factor" and just becomes a nuissance.... As I said, I have skated for over ten years, and I have no problem with Skate 2, it totally satisfies my Video Game Skating needs.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts

Skate sets the level, anything more real than that would be too frustrating to play. I think a lot of people would give up if the balance wasn't right and the controls weren't as good as skate.

hughami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hughami
[QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"][QUOTE="hughami"][QUOTE="NOD_Grindking"]Its been said 90 times already, but I will say it again... A REALLY realistic skating game would be BORING. You play games to have fun. If you have that much of a problem with it, then actually go SKATE.

I have news for you, I've skated for over ten years, and i know alllll about physics:) (you learn them the first time you do a face plant.... The point I am trying to make is that if a game goes too realistic, it looses the "fun factor" and just becomes a nuissance.... As I said, I have skated for over ten years, and I have no problem with Skate 2, it totally satisfies my Video Game Skating needs.

like i said ive been skating for 10 years too, since i was just five years old. and the physics of the game are way off. and im not talking about making the game "nuisance" realistic, just taking away the over the top floatiness and low gravity, im on the official skate forum and alot of people agree, because they skate and realize too that the physics suck, and that skating handrails and gaps in that game just plain sucks. it needs to be realistic to fix it since it isnt like the thps games where you can just hit a button at the right point and stick to the rail, but skate has sick controls but it lacks realism.
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NOD_Grindking
You just keep saying "The Physics Suck" "The Physics Suck" "The Physics Suck" yet you dont offer any time of realistic alternative... How in your mind can they make it better? If they take away the floatiness, the game will be too slow.....I wouldn't look at the game and say it is "low gravity" either...
Firebrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Firebrace
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts

I skate in real life too and I think that Skate is pretty realistic.

phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 phynixblack
Member since 2007 • 1113 Posts
ITT: People who are trying to justify a type of game that replaces the need to go outside.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

i think skate is your best bet its mostly realistic i mean if it gets any more real you might just want to go outside and actually skate.