This topic is locked from further discussion.

ssc604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ssc604
Member since 2008 • 99 Posts
so things i'm kinda confused with, a lot of people are complaining about the RE4 style, im guessing you guys never played the original RE's cause aiming was a **** back then, handgun headshots were random unless they were in your face and you aimed up at the right moment, and then i see the puzzle complaints, ok i accept that, PUZZLES made RE, then i see complaints about the inventory and how its real time, think about how annoying it would be if you're playing coop with your buddy, and everytime he wants to trade or take something from you, or you to him...you're gonna pause the game, now lemme explain why the pausing is bad...if the pause was implemented in the game during inventory, and you unpaused and some mini boss, attacked you, "DYING" STATUS, or some random infected gets you from the back, the ones complaining would complain so much more...*sigh* i don't even know why people play the game if they hate the series so much -_-
BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts
The controls were clunky and awful. the aiming speed was worse than what it as with RE4. Even when you go to options and make it faster it still isn't very good. I do not like clunky controls. On top of that...........still no move & gun. RE4 basically introduced the OTS (over the shoulder) view/gameplay yet in that game you couldn't move and shoot either as well as the other games in the series and I alway found that annoying. It wasn't much of a problem with the other games because the environments were a lot smaller and you were basically following a path. The environments in this game are much bigger and you have zombies coming at your from front, back, left, and right and its hard to not be able to move around and shoot especially when a horde of zombies are coming at you in a pack. and whatever scenario you just crafted up for the lack of pausing and switching inventory doesn't make any sense. the pause and inventory swtich made the game go more fluid. not having that option brings about a world of confusion especially considering that now you have a partner and at times you have to switch weapons and ammo etc.. an this makes this very difficult to do when in combat. I just won't waste my time getting this game. I'll probably buy it it off of a 3rd party like ebay sometime down the road because Capcom doesn't deserve my money. It's 2009 and I would love to play games that do not use 13 year old controls. they're being very stubborn by not adding these options for the people who would like to use them so I just won't bother.
Deltapixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Deltapixel
Member since 2008 • 154 Posts
^ couldn't have said it better myself
gahzoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 gahzoo
Member since 2007 • 410 Posts

That hot Brooklyn boy pretty much said it.

And i find the inventory controls horrible.

R7_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R7_3
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts
i can't wait for the game! i could care less that their isn't run n gun, i play Resident Evil for tense action, i play Call of Duty for run n gun gameplay
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#6 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
What I don't get is why everyone is acting like the control scheme is terrible when RE4, a game with the same exact controls, is often heralded as the best game of last gen.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
I'm getting it. The controls didn't bother me as much as it did others and I know I'll be able to get past them for story.
gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts
I didn't have a problem with the control scheme for RE4. I think it was because the game was an over the shoulder view. It was different from the previous RE games where you were used to fixed camera angles. It was a nice change of pace to get an over the shoulder view. It was different getting used to an over the shoulder view, but overall I think it worked out pretty good. However, with RE 5 coming out, wouldn't you expect a developer like Capcom to improve the control scheme from the previous RE game? A way to make it better? The controls aren't too awful (judging from the demo); but they can definitely be much better. Afterall, this is a Capcom game. The fact you can't move and shoot is ludicrous. Isn't this a 2009 Shooter? Why do the controls feel so awkward. I can't sum it up any better than what Brooklynboy mentioned. The controls and item management could definitely be much better. I believe there are much better ways Capcom could've improved upon the controls. This is the year 2009.
ssc604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ssc604
Member since 2008 • 99 Posts

i can't wait for the game! i could care less that their isn't run n gun, i play Resident Evil for tense action, i play Call of Duty for run n gun gameplayR7_3

TY!!! obviously the first two who responded to my thread are CoD fans that have never played resident evil before, if this game was run and gun, it'd be sooo...EASY, imagine you could run around and shoot like GeOW, maybe even give you the shoulder roll, LOL...i never knew that pressed down and A at the same time was such a hard thing for people, hahahaha, it turns you around 180 instantly, faster than ANY setting you could possibly have for a FPS, am i wrong here?

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

RE5 will be my favorite game ever, I'm sure of it, I played the demo like 100 times...

btw, football game don't count.

GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts
[QUOTE="BrooklynHotBoy"]The controls were clunky and awful. the aiming speed was worse than what it as with RE4. Even when you go to options and make it faster it still isn't very good. I do not like clunky controls. On top of that...........still no move & gun. RE4 basically introduced the OTS (over the shoulder) view/gameplay yet in that game you couldn't move and shoot either as well as the other games in the series and I alway found that annoying. It wasn't much of a problem with the other games because the environments were a lot smaller and you were basically following a path. The environments in this game are much bigger and you have zombies coming at your from front, back, left, and right and its hard to not be able to move around and shoot especially when a horde of zombies are coming at you in a pack. and whatever scenario you just crafted up for the lack of pausing and switching inventory doesn't make any sense. the pause and inventory swtich made the game go more fluid. not having that option brings about a world of confusion especially considering that now you have a partner and at times you have to switch weapons and ammo etc.. an this makes this very difficult to do when in combat. I just won't waste my time getting this game. I'll probably buy it it off of a 3rd party like ebay sometime down the road because Capcom doesn't deserve my money. It's 2009 and I would love to play games that do not use 13 year old controls. they're being very stubborn by not adding these options for the people who would like to use them so I just won't bother.

Umm, yeah, it supposed to be 'survival horror' that's why you can't 'run and gun' But yet again, RE 5 isn't even survival horror anymore :?
MissMorphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 MissMorphine
Member since 2008 • 1156 Posts

my main problem with RE5 is that. this game is RE4 all over again but prettier. its like capcom said... oh lets remake RE4. lets make it prettier n hope nobody notice(gameplay not story). to me a sequel has to improve. yeah it features co op. but its pretty much the same. no movement while u shoting = Epic Fail. i know what ppl have been saying oh that would ruin the game. well let me tell you something. in Dead Space u can move n shoot at the same time n that game is awesome. awesome-er then RE5 from what ive seen from the demo. i was uber excited for RE5. but when i played the demo i feel really dissapointed. heres a few lists i was hoping but to see

* move + shoot

* breakable melee weapons

* SHove/push zombies out of your way while u running

DAAVV-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 DAAVV-O
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts
[QUOTE="GANGSTASAN"][QUOTE="BrooklynHotBoy"]The controls were clunky and awful. the aiming speed was worse than what it as with RE4. Even when you go to options and make it faster it still isn't very good. I do not like clunky controls. On top of that...........still no move & gun. RE4 basically introduced the OTS (over the shoulder) view/gameplay yet in that game you couldn't move and shoot either as well as the other games in the series and I alway found that annoying. It wasn't much of a problem with the other games because the environments were a lot smaller and you were basically following a path. The environments in this game are much bigger and you have zombies coming at your from front, back, left, and right and its hard to not be able to move around and shoot especially when a horde of zombies are coming at you in a pack. and whatever scenario you just crafted up for the lack of pausing and switching inventory doesn't make any sense. the pause and inventory swtich made the game go more fluid. not having that option brings about a world of confusion especially considering that now you have a partner and at times you have to switch weapons and ammo etc.. an this makes this very difficult to do when in combat. I just won't waste my time getting this game. I'll probably buy it it off of a 3rd party like ebay sometime down the road because Capcom doesn't deserve my money. It's 2009 and I would love to play games that do not use 13 year old controls. they're being very stubborn by not adding these options for the people who would like to use them so I just won't bother.

Umm, yeah, it supposed to be 'survival horror' that's why you can't 'run and gun' But yet again, RE 5 isn't even survival horror anymore :?

Then again, Silent Hill 5 is a true survival horror game, and the controls in that are far more fluid, yet it doesn't ruin the tense gameplay. For me, the controls in the resi 5 demo kinda ruined the experience for me. They made it feels frustrating, not tense.
fm_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fm_coyote
Member since 2003 • 952 Posts

[QUOTE="BrooklynHotBoy"]The controls were clunky and awful. the aiming speed was worse than what it as with RE4. Even when you go to options and make it faster it still isn't very good. I do not like clunky controls. On top of that...........still no move & gun. RE4 basically introduced the OTS (over the shoulder) view/gameplay yet in that game you couldn't move and shoot either as well as the other games in the series and I alway found that annoying. It wasn't much of a problem with the other games because the environments were a lot smaller and you were basically following a path. The environments in this game are much bigger and you have zombies coming at your from front, back, left, and right and its hard to not be able to move around and shoot especially when a horde of zombies are coming at you in a pack. and whatever scenario you just crafted up for the lack of pausing and switching inventory doesn't make any sense. the pause and inventory swtich made the game go more fluid. not having that option brings about a world of confusion especially considering that now you have a partner and at times you have to switch weapons and ammo etc.. an this makes this very difficult to do when in combat. I just won't waste my time getting this game. I'll probably buy it it off of a 3rd party like ebay sometime down the road because Capcom doesn't deserve my money. It's 2009 and I would love to play games that do not use 13 year old controls. they're being very stubborn by not adding these options for the people who would like to use them so I just won't bother.GANGSTASAN

To me, running / running&gunning go hand in hand with survival.

ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 ceells87
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts
[QUOTE="MissMorphine"]

my main problem with RE5 is that. this game is RE4 all over again but prettier. its like capcom said... oh lets remake RE4. lets make it prettier n hope nobody notice(gameplay not story). to me a sequel has to improve. yeah it features co op. but its pretty much the same. no movement while u shoting = Epic Fail. i know what ppl have been saying oh that would ruin the game. well let me tell you something. in Dead Space u can move n shoot at the same time n that game is awesome. awesome-er then RE5 from what ive seen from the demo. i was uber excited for RE5. but when i played the demo i feel really dissapointed. heres a few lists i was hoping but to see

* move + shoot

* breakable melee weapons

* SHove/push zombies out of your way while u running

if you want the first two go play fallout 3. As for the third thing you wanted try this. Go p1ss off someone really bad, get them in a rage and try running into them and pushing you down. tell me how that worked out for you when you heal up afterwards. cause these arent the slow comberspom zombies from the original. people whine and complain about it being a remake of 4 and it's getting really tiring hearing that stupid excuse for them not like the series. It's not a remake of 4. it features the same gameplay but so does every other sequel to games these days. thats how it is. fallout 3 played exactly like bolivion, GoW2 played just like the first, hell even COD4&5 played like 2&3. dead space was an amazing game, but not once did i feel tense or worried about dying. it was too easy even in impossible, and it wasnt even moving and shooting, it was more like strafing and shooting. moving a couple feet while you fire doesnt add any difference to the game when you have a wall behind you. and the inventory system is just like dead space too. they wanted to make it so you DIDNT go into it while you were in combat, instead you have to actually prepare for the hardships ahead. Stop asking for things easy and calling it "improvments". you dont fix what isnt broken and RE5 isn't broken in the last
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#17 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
[QUOTE="ceells87"] if you want the first two go play fallout 3. As for the third thing you wanted try this. Go p1ss off someone really bad, get them in a rage and try running into them and pushing you down. tell me how that worked out for you when you heal up afterwards. cause these arent the slow comberspom zombies from the original. people whine and complain about it being a remake of 4 and it's getting really tiring hearing that stupid excuse for them not like the series. It's not a remake of 4. it features the same gameplay but so does every other sequel to games these days. thats how it is. fallout 3 played exactly like bolivion, GoW2 played just like the first, hell even COD4&5 played like 2&3. dead space was an amazing game, but not once did i feel tense or worried about dying. it was too easy even in impossible, and it wasnt even moving and shooting, it was more like strafing and shooting. moving a couple feet while you fire doesnt add any difference to the game when you have a wall behind you. and the inventory system is just like dead space too. they wanted to make it so you DIDNT go into it while you were in combat, instead you have to actually prepare for the hardships ahead. Stop asking for things easy and calling it "improvments". you dont fix what isnt broken and RE5 isn't broken in the last

I feel your point here even halo is like the same, thing is Im a bit dissapointed with the direction of Resident Evil 5, I love Resident Evil 4 and I think is one of the greatest games last gen, but then again, 4 years later, capcom is delivering basically the same gameplay, its not a big thing but it doesnt feel as fresh as it used to, with games like Gears of War (which im not a big fan) you expect a little improvement on the gameplay, not to run n gun but make new and interesting mechanics, or something fresh that makes you feel the "fight to survive" or even os I would prefer a game mechaninc where ammunition is scarce and you have to run for your life
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

The controls were clunky and awful. the aiming speed was worse than what it as with RE4. Even when you go to options and make it faster it still isn't very good. I do not like clunky controls. On top of that...........still no move & gun. RE4 basically introduced the OTS (over the shoulder) view/gameplay yet in that game you couldn't move and shoot either as well as the other games in the series and I alway found that annoying. It wasn't much of a problem with the other games because the environments were a lot smaller and you were basically following a path. The environments in this game are much bigger and you have zombies coming at your from front, back, left, and right and its hard to not be able to move around and shoot especially when a horde of zombies are coming at you in a pack. and whatever scenario you just crafted up for the lack of pausing and switching inventory doesn't make any sense. the pause and inventory swtich made the game go more fluid. not having that option brings about a world of confusion especially considering that now you have a partner and at times you have to switch weapons and ammo etc.. an this makes this very difficult to do when in combat. I just won't waste my time getting this game. I'll probably buy it it off of a 3rd party like ebay sometime down the road because Capcom doesn't deserve my money. It's 2009 and I would love to play games that do not use 13 year old controls. they're being very stubborn by not adding these options for the people who would like to use them so I just won't bother.BrooklynHotBoy

I couldn't disagree more. The aiming speed was never bad. And you complain a lot about the no run-&-gun, but I swear, if you really played Resident Evil 4 then you know what I mean when I say this. The stop-and-aim technique is used to up the intensity and the feel of desperation that comes from being over-run by Majini(which are the enemies. They are NOT zombies). If you have played Resident Evil 4, you know the excitement of combat, thus Capcom wanted to bring the excitement back.

CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
the controls didnt really bother me. your not supposed to run and gun in RE and the inventory is a little annoying but ill get used to it.
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I got an early copy of the LE for 360 and I'm very happy with the game. Absent from the demo are a few other gameplay elements like predefined "cover" spots. Sure, you can't move and shoot at the same but you never good in any installment in the series. Having to lower your weapon for a second so you can sidestep (which is new) incoming projectiles works fine, you just have to learn to balance aiming and moving. The new co-op inventory system is also pretty interesting, although compared to true survival horror games it can lead to balance issues since I was able to join a co-op game that was much further along than I was and come back with more powerful weapons than I would otherwise be able to obtain had I played through by myself.

This game does feel more action oriented than RE4 but it also creates a good air of pervasive dread, one that takes place in open environments versus the typical clausterphobic environments of previous games. My biggest complaint is the level progression is for the most part more linear than 4.

Overall, though, I'm happy with my purchase. When you add the full elements of inventory management, weapon upgrades, co-op tactics both with your AI partner and human players, etc the full game is much better than the demo.

-Byshop

InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts

The controls were clunky and awful. the aiming speed was worse than what it as with RE4. Even when you go to options and make it faster it still isn't very good. I do not like clunky controls. On top of that...........still no move & gun. RE4 basically introduced the OTS (over the shoulder) view/gameplay yet in that game you couldn't move and shoot either as well as the other games in the series and I alway found that annoying. It wasn't much of a problem with the other games because the environments were a lot smaller and you were basically following a path. The environments in this game are much bigger and you have zombies coming at your from front, back, left, and right and its hard to not be able to move around and shoot especially when a horde of zombies are coming at you in a pack. and whatever scenario you just crafted up for the lack of pausing and switching inventory doesn't make any sense. the pause and inventory swtich made the game go more fluid. not having that option brings about a world of confusion especially considering that now you have a partner and at times you have to switch weapons and ammo etc.. an this makes this very difficult to do when in combat. I just won't waste my time getting this game. I'll probably buy it it off of a 3rd party like ebay sometime down the road because Capcom doesn't deserve my money. It's 2009 and I would love to play games that do not use 13 year old controls. they're being very stubborn by not adding these options for the people who would like to use them so I just won't bother.BrooklynHotBoy

This right here^^

This is the next gen, they need to give gamers more options. They should let me choose old style controls or move and shoot style controls. I probably won't be playing this for a long time> Also if its not really considered "horror" anymore then why implement the crappy controls in the first place? Crappy controls should not substitute a genuine horror atmosphere.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
What I don't get is why everyone is acting like the control scheme is terrible when RE4, a game with the same exact controls, is often heralded as the best game of last gen.vashkey
Yeah, I can't figure this out either. They both control horribly...
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Byshop  Moderator

[QUOTE="vashkey"]What I don't get is why everyone is acting like the control scheme is terrible when RE4, a game with the same exact controls, is often heralded as the best game of last gen.raahsnavj
Yeah, I can't figure this out either. They both control horribly...

The control scheme used in RE5 is -not- the same and in RE4. RE4 used straight up "tank" controls whereas RE5 uses a more modern "left stick moves right stick points" scheme, allowing for strafing. Having played the full game I can say this is a huge improvement, especially when dealing with the more difficult enemies like dogs.

-Byshop

MattVans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MattVans
Member since 2004 • 1080 Posts

Played demo. Thought it was crap... Next day, played demo again but longer. Thought it was still crap.

Thoughs that went through my head "Didn't I play this game on my gamecube some years ago"?... Also "Why are my controls broke"? And finally "Walk while you're shooting u tard!"

After that I put Feeding Frenzy on... That fish can move man! WooOOSH!!!

HxCnamehere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HxCnamehere
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

This game is gonna be sweet..idk how people can hate this game....run and gun? cmon now. the whole point of standing still and shooting, adds to the fear of the game, being surrounded by zombies and focusing on who to dome next while standing still adds to the scare. besides you can 180 turn anyways...whats the point of walking while shooting, it would be easier i would admit, but it would be TOO easy... this game (RE4 included) pretty much introduced over the shoulder for other games (GeOW 2, dead space) the controls of the game were pretty solid too...idk why its a big pain....one thing though i didnt like is how sheva's over the shoulder is on her left side instead of the classic right which isnt all too bad but i wouldve prefered it being on the right.

PJthePlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PJthePlayer
Member since 2004 • 102 Posts

This is Resident Evil, not a mindless shooter like Gears of War. If you don't like the controls, then don't play the game. Keep your whining to yourselves. I've beaten the game 3 times already and it is one of the best games I've ever played (and I've played a ton, trust me.)

Avatar image for franciscochicho
franciscochicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 franciscochicho
Member since 2008 • 69 Posts
@ PJthe Player: is the game longer than Re4? is it short, or does it feel just right?\\\
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 136

User Lists: 1

#28 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

It's RE4 but with an African setting and a few different monsters and guns but the game was just......bleh!

The AI patterns are almost identical to RE4

There are almost no puzzles

The atmosphere isn't creppy or scary

Sheva is a pain in the butt to have as a partner

and also they threw alot of there original ideas out the window there was suppose to be an eye to weather interaction mechanic if Chris was in the sun light for too long he would be dazed and would see everything brightly and when he would go to the shade his eye would adjust to the lightingbut he would'nt be able to see enemies as well. '

I honestly don't mind that you can't run n gun but at the same time Dead Space pulled it oof and it was still scary espeically since the enemies sprinted towards you so you needed to move. The inventory system is'nt so bad though I have no complaints about that.

Here's the orignal trailer for the game compare it to the RE5 we have now and you'll decide which one looks cooler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpIWhAAiNRc

PJthePlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PJthePlayer
Member since 2004 • 102 Posts

The campaign is decently long, and I've found that Sheva's AI is more than adequate. On my first playthrough I played onamateur andtook my time gathering supplies and checking out the environments and I finished the game in 6 hours and 54 minutes. My second playthrough I played on normal and didn't rush but obviously knew my way around better and I finished the game in 4 hours and 40 minutes. My third playthrough on veteran I rushed through to try and get the best time I could and I finished the game in 3 hours 1 minute. I haven't attempted professional mode yet. The game has a lot of replayability due to all the weapon upgrades and unlockable content you can get, as well as online coop and online mercenaries mode.

l33isb345t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 l33isb345t
Member since 2009 • 263 Posts

Maybe because people had way to high expectations for the game and they think it sucks because of the controls and all that BS.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Byshop  Moderator

My god you're a whiny bunch. I've never seen so many people complain just because a new game doesn't play exactly like every other game they've ever played. Personally, I think that's a good thing. God forbid you actually have to have some skill to succeed at a new game because it doesn't happen to control like the games that you are used to.

Yes the tank controls of the previous REs were antiquated and I'm glad they are gone, but even other over the shoulder games only permit you to move at a snail's pace while aiming. RE forces you to use intelligent tactics like stacking your enemies as opposed to just sitting in the middle of a group playing Rambo.

I'd love this thread to have some active discussion, but it seems like every person who joins just rehashes the same complaint. We know you can't move while aiming. If that's all you're going to say about the game, save it because you are going to add -nothing- to the conversation.

-Byshop

PuRePlaYa23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PuRePlaYa23
Member since 2005 • 720 Posts

resident evil 5!!!! >>>>>>then the rest of the resident evil seriess im loving this game!!! and please dont let the demo make ur mind up this game rockssssss

PdPstyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#33 PdPstyle
Member since 2007 • 245 Posts

I have never really played any of the RE game, I hear the old ones are great but my impressions from the demo are kind of...lackluster. Like just about everyone before stated it was highly annoying that I could not move and shoot. Its not so much that it made it difficult *which it did but I can live with that*

Its more that I played a spec ops type guy who for some reason could not so much as shuffle about. I agree that one should not be able to sprint around and shoot as thats pretty darn hard to do, but even police recruits can walk and fire a pistol. For me its more of the principal, a highly trained operative or just about anyone with any physical ability should be able to shuffle about while aming down the sights of a pistol.

As far as adding to the fear factor...Doom is one of the scarier games on the market and it was a "run and gun" for reasons unknown sticking to a single spot does not add fear to me, it adds frustration and lothing to a character who cant preform simple tasks.

Sorry thats kind of a rant but thats my reasons WHY I dont like the non-moving shoot idea, otherwise I enjoyed this game.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 136

User Lists: 1

#34 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

resident evil 5!!!! >>>>>>then the rest of the resident evil seriess im loving this game!!! and please dont let the demo make ur mind up this game rockssssss

PuRePlaYa23
I guess I could rent it and play with my friend but I still want to buy the game....just when it drops in price.
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Byshop  Moderator

PuRePlaYa23

Well, I don't completely agree with this sentiment but I agree that the demo is only a small portion of what the full game has to offer. The atmosphere, the level design, the myriad of foes, the narrative, the inventory/upgrade system, etc are all pieces of what make up this game. I've been playing the full game and I love it, even though I was luke warm on the demo.

-Byshop

BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts

I couldn't disagree more. The aiming speed was never bad. And you complain a lot about the no run-&-gun, but I swear, if you really played Resident Evil 4 then you know what I mean when I say this. The stop-and-aim technique is used to up the intensity and the feel of desperation that comes from being over-run by Majini(which are the enemies. They are NOT zombies). If you have played Resident Evil 4, you know the excitement of combat, thus Capcom wanted to bring the excitement back.

Phoenix534

Save the "if you've ever played re4, you'd know etc.. etc.." bullcrap for someone else. You all need to stop this flawed logic of "if you want to move&shoot then you've never played resident evil" Does not make any damn. It's called wanting CHANGE.

I've played every game in the RE series and I was always annoyed that you couldn't move and shoot. There is no intensity being built up. No one stands and shoots whilea group of people are closing in on you. Does not work like that. This brings forth no intensity at all and if you find that intense then its best I cut myself short and start laughing.

HxCnamehere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HxCnamehere
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

you a game tester?

ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ceells87
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts
[QUOTE="BrooklynHotBoy"]

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

Save the "if you've ever played re4, you'd know etc.. etc.." bullcrap for someone else. You all need to stop this flawed logic of "if you want to move&shoot then you've never played resident evil" Does not make any damn. It's called wanting CHANGE.

I've played every game in the RE series and I was always annoyed that you couldn't move and shoot. There is no intensity being built up. No one stands and shoots whilea group of people are closing in on you. Does not work like that. This brings forth no intensity at all and if you find that intense then its best I cut myself short and start laughing.

when does being able to run away from your enemies and fire with perfect accuracy at the same time build up intensity. makes things pretty simple to me and everyone else i know