RE5 seems alittle racist

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hueypnewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hueypnewton
Member since 2004 • 133 Posts
Anybody else bothered by the fact that the new RE5 trailer just shows a white guy killing a bunch of Black people? What type of message does that send?
JOHN117_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JOHN117_basic
Member since 2002 • 3418 Posts
Anybody else bothered by the fact that the new RE5 trailer just shows a white guy killing a bunch of Black people? What type of message does that send?hueypnewton
Its not racist tho if the white guy kills a bunch of hispanic or white people tho. Here all the racist bull comes.
furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts
why?... only if you think like one...
hueypnewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hueypnewton

why?... only if you think like one...furtherfan

It will be hard to ignore...... a Black man, playing as a white charactor, and killing nothing but Black charactors.

Papoose718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Papoose718
Member since 2006 • 137 Posts
no not only if you think like one....the problem is that us young people today could care less about what happened before us and (please take no offense to this) but alot of white people i've encountered seem to think racism doesnt exist and some of my people (blacks) seem to shout "racism" everytime something is done or said but the fact is that this game isnt racist but it does bring memories of racism and that is why contraversy will flare once RE5 hits shelves
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts
its not racist their trying to kill him would it make you happy if it was a black guy killing a bunch of black people.
superstud101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 superstud101
Member since 2003 • 1150 Posts
This is not racist at all! Maybe if the black people were sane, then it would be racist as hell....but they're not normal
ThE_SoCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ThE_SoCK
Member since 2003 • 459 Posts
i thought the same thing, the this game would bring up racism. I dont think its racist, but im sure some people are going to be offended i believe (i hope not :) )
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts

no not only if you think like one....the problem is that us young people today could care less about what happened before us and (please take no offense to this) but alot of white people i've encountered seem to think racism doesnt exist and some of my people (blacks) seem to shout "racism" everytime something is done or said but the fact is that this game isnt racist but it does bring memories of racism and that is why contraversy will flare once RE5 hits shelvesPapoose718

that kind of thing doesn't happen outside of north america. for some reason we all preach about equality and being fair, but the smallest thing happens and ppl are up in arms shouting "racist racist" and "special treatment raw raw".

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts

This is not racist at all! Maybe if the black people were sane, then it would be racist as hell....but they're not normalsuperstud101

ya these are ZOMBIES...they arnt human...and they arnt all black

Papoose718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Papoose718
but people are being prejudice and saying "it's based in africa which means there are going to be africans" yes thats true but not all africans areblack and it would be nice to throw in a few white africans here and there to get some falming off of capcoms back
scotty992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 scotty992
Member since 2005 • 2388 Posts

So its ok to play lots of games were white people get killed all the time....

Hell so if you kill tons of aliens in Gears what message does that send to the aliens who wanna meet us? hhmmm "nah were no going to that planet they may chainsaw us"

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 mattisgod01
Member since 2005 • 3476 Posts
(backs away very slowly)
Papoose718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Papoose718

Hell so if you kill tons of aliens in Gears what message does that send to the aliens who wanna meet us? hhmmm "nah were no going to that planet they may chainsaw us"

scotty992

niether aliens nor whites were enslaved for hundreds of years so there is a difference...but i see where your coming from

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
[QUOTE="scotty992"]

Papoose718

niether aliens nor whites were enslaved for hundreds of years so there is a difference...but i see where your coming from

what are you talking about....some Alien races have been enslaved for millions of years...........we just dont know about them yet :P

halogta9890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 halogta9890
Member since 2006 • 739 Posts

[QUOTE="furtherfan"]why?... only if you think like one...hueypnewton

It will be hard to ignore...... a Black man, playing as a white charactor, and killing nothing but Black charactors.

I have no problem with killing my own race in GTA San Andreas (Me playing as a black guy killing my race, white), why would you have a problem in RE5?

JOHN117_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JOHN117_basic
Im sure itll have an option to play as jesse jackson and make everything into a racist event much like people will do with this game. I tire of this get over it!
ceeplusplus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ceeplusplus
Member since 2007 • 290 Posts
For christ's sake, they are coming at him with scythes, wtf do you want him to do, let them kill him so he doesnt look 'racist'? Only racists come up with this BS.
Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
RE5 contains Africans that were turned into Zombies. I don't see how that's racist but if the main character had a whip and started yelling commands then that would be a different story. Just think about how many times you heard the n-word in a game or in mainstream media. Just something to think about.
JOHN117_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JOHN117_basic
I guess the movie blackhawk down was racist then too?
scotty992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 scotty992
Member since 2005 • 2388 Posts
LOL^
Papoose718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Papoose718

For christ's sake, they are coming at him with scythes, wtf do you want him to do, let them kill him so he doesnt look 'racist'? Only racists come up with this BS.ceeplusplus

no you dont just sit there and let them kill you...that would be retarded but the point is that capcom is portraying it as if all africans are black which is not the case...i also noticed this in the other resident evils that they only have one race in the game....so i'm not just saying this because the infected are black this time

JOHN117_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JOHN117_basic

[QUOTE="ceeplusplus"]For christ's sake, they are coming at him with scythes, wtf do you want him to do, let them kill him so he doesnt look 'racist'? Only racists come up with this BS.Papoose718

no you dont just sit there and let them kill you...that would be retarded but the point is that capcom is portraying it as if all africans are black which is not the case...i also noticed this in the other resident evils that they only have one race in the game....so i'm not just saying this because the infected are black this time

Yes but lets take into context how many white people would be in that village in that part of africa?
broke812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 broke812
Member since 2003 • 970 Posts
i don't think it's racist at all. but if you want to make a legitimateargument that says why we shouldn't have race in video games be my guest.
Olgeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Olgeir
Member since 2004 • 117 Posts

scotty992

HAHAHAHAHAHA you made my day hahaha!!!!!!!!:P

ceeplusplus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ceeplusplus
Member since 2007 • 290 Posts
just let this joke of a topic die.
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
If you want to think of it that way, then sure. I really don't think that is what was going through Capcoms head as they are making it...
puissance000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 puissance000
Member since 2003 • 1484 Posts
i cant wait to play this GAME!
hueypnewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hueypnewton

Papoose718 seems to be the only one that understands what i'm talking about. Why would capcom put this sort of situation together to start with?

Somebody mentioned GTA san andreas...wtf? That was gang stuff. Most of which was black on black crime. CJ was also one of the first major black characters ever introduced in a video game. I was embarrased to play such a stereotypical "black thug". I want to play a sam fisher type black character.....but that is another thread.

mikeneb430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 mikeneb430
Member since 2007 • 1036 Posts

o shut up. im tired of racism controlling our society, who cares what color they are!? if you go to africa this stuff is really happening too! rebelions, cannibalism, its crazy over there. ITS NOT RACIST, god I hate STUPID people.

say the main character was black, and all the crazies he was killing were white, would that be racist? nope, but just because they are black its racist. screw that

Papoose718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Papoose718

o shut up. im tired of racism controlling our society, who cares what color they are!? if you go to africa this stuff is really happening too! rebelions, cannibalism, its crazy over there. ITS NOT RACIST, god I hate STUPID people.

say the main character was black, and all the crazies he was killing were white, would that be racist? nope, but just because they are black its racist. screw that

mikeneb430

i personally speaking as an african american think that would be racist

Noahspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Noahspy
Member since 2005 • 90 Posts

:/ white people were enslaved for hundreds of years so were asian people all at the same time look itup if u want. i wouldnt see dat racist at all i see thatas people killin people

jericoY2J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 jericoY2J
Member since 2006 • 1688 Posts
your a racist for thinking that way, racist....racist!!!!you fuc--- racist!!! no but seriously its just a game....your acting like those politicans who bann games for there state.
qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
RE5 is what graw is to mexicans. only stupid people will get offened like the ones that cant figure out this game takes place in africa. Now if this game took place in usa this would be extra racist towards crackheads give it a rest people!.
mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
are you kidding me? racist? so its not racist when some white guy is killing spaniards, or killing white zombies, but its racist when they start killing blacks? it takes place in africa so give me a break..i think you just insecure about yourself so your just trying to make this game look racist which is obviously not.
mikeandratm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mikeandratm
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

This topic is pathetic and retarded.

For a start, saying the game is in Africa is incredibly vague.Africa is a continent consisting of many, manydifferent countries.

The fact that the game could easily, andis most likely be based in a country like Somalia, where the population is predominately black, isjust stupidly obvious.

mikeneb430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mikeneb430

are you kidding me? racist? so its not racist when some white guy is killing spaniards, or killing white zombies, but its racist when they start killing blacks? it takes place in africa so give me a break..i think you just insecure about yourself so your just trying to make this game look racist which is obviously not.mother_farter

you're awesome

Psmol200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Psmol200
Member since 2007 • 572 Posts

[QUOTE="hueypnewton"]Anybody else bothered by the fact that the new RE5 trailer just shows a white guy killing a bunch of Black people? What type of message does that send?JOHN117_basic
Its not racist tho if the white guy kills a bunch of hispanic or white people tho. Here all the racist bull comes.

As Soon as i watched the video, i thought to myself, Someone's gonna ruin this... by turning it into a HUGE deal like always...

mikeandratm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mikeandratm
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

This topic is pathetic and retarded.

For a start, saying the game is in Africa is incredibly vague.Africa is a continent consisting of many, manydifferent countries.

The fact that the game could easily, andis most likely be based in a country like Somalia, where the population is predominately black, isjust stupidly obvious.

mikeandratm

Papoose718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Papoose718

are you kidding me? racist? so its not racist when some white guy is killing spaniards, or killing white zombies, but its racist when they start killing blacks? it takes place in africa so give me a break..i think you just insecure about yourself so your just trying to make this game look racist which is obviously not.mother_farter

it would be appreciated if people would read other peoples post before posting cause i already said that it actually wasnt ok....aswell yet again another person says it's based on africawhich means you clearly know nothing about africa because although they might not show it on t.v. there are white people that live in africa

Major_Wiggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Major_Wiggles
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

Anybody else bothered by the fact that the new RE5 trailer just shows a white guy killing a bunch of Black people? What type of message does that send?hueypnewton

lol get outta here...go take a walk man...lol wow the video on its first day out n this has to happen lol

mikeneb430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mikeneb430

[QUOTE="mother_farter"]are you kidding me? racist? so its not racist when some white guy is killing spaniards, or killing white zombies, but its racist when they start killing blacks? it takes place in africa so give me a break..i think you just insecure about yourself so your just trying to make this game look racist which is obviously not.Papoose718

it would be appreciated if people would read other peoples post before posting cause i already said that it actually wasnt ok....aswell yet again another person says it's based on africawhich means you clearly know nothing about africa because although they might not show it on t.v. there are white people that live in africa

yea south africa aka good africa... majority of eastern africa (which is where the problems are) are all black people , ethiopia, kenya. also north africa as well... geez

Papoose718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Papoose718

[QUOTE="hueypnewton"]Anybody else bothered by the fact that the new RE5 trailer just shows a white guy killing a bunch of Black people? What type of message does that send?Major_Wiggles

lol get outta here...go take a walk man...lol wow the video on its first day out n this has to happen lol

i saw this coming as soon as i saw the trailer....alot of blacks scream racism for everything and alot of whites seem to act like it doesnt exist... that is where the problem lies which is why this thread will go no where

Major_Wiggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Major_Wiggles
[QUOTE="Major_Wiggles"]

[QUOTE="hueypnewton"]Anybody else bothered by the fact that the new RE5 trailer just shows a white guy killing a bunch of Black people? What type of message does that send?Papoose718

i saw this coming as soon as i saw the trailer....alot of blacks scream racism for everything and alot of whites seem to act like it doesnt exist... that is where the problem lies which is why this thread will go no where

when things dont go rite in the minds of those who feel like they are being attack they turn it to a race thing...there the ones that fuel the fire even more on race issues...its not the fault of CAPCOM im sure they have no intention of pissin of the black community...

Sneaky_Gopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#45 Sneaky_Gopher
Member since 2005 • 2440 Posts
Here we go.
gdizzle4545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gdizzle4545
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
[QUOTE="scotty992"]

Papoose718

are u that ignorant?

whites were slaves back in medival times along with asians and other races. geezzz and even before that too

every single race has been a slave atat least one point in time. whites being longer than most.

hueypnewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hueypnewton
I'm not racist, but i'm not colorblind either. The game looks awesome, and i will cetainly pick it up. It's just a little disturbing to me how things are set up. I wish the developers had mixed it up alittle by putting it in another location.
Papoose718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Papoose718
[QUOTE="Papoose718"]

[QUOTE="mother_farter"]are you kidding me? racist? so its not racist when some white guy is killing spaniards, or killing white zombies, but its racist when they start killing blacks? it takes place in africa so give me a break..i think you just insecure about yourself so your just trying to make this game look racist which is obviously not.mikeneb430

yea south africa aka good africa... majority of eastern africa (which is where the problems are) are all black people , ethiopia, kenya. also north africa as well... geez

has anyone even been to africa? ...... i have and although you are right in that a lot of the white population is in south africa not all of them are....i'm just saying it would be nice if before the game is released they could sprinkle 2 or 3 white or even light skinned black folks into the crowd...i mean come on theres not even a white doctor or safari man that happened to be in africa during the infection?

wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts

but people are being prejudice and saying "it's based in africa which means there are going to be africans" yes thats true but not all africans areblack and it would be nice to throw in a few white africans here and there to get some falming off of capcoms backPapoose718

it takes place in haiti actually. but i get what your saying.

Major_Wiggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Major_Wiggles
[every race hasa been enslave by another or sumtimes they enslave there one ppl from every race...its just a game...not like sum1 gonna go to compton or the projects in NY n go all buck wildn be blastin every black person they see...lol