RB6 Red Map Pack REFUND

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts

So now people who bought the Black Pack will get their money back and the Red Pack will be free.

What about people like me who paid out for the red pack? I want my money back too!

No doubt Ubisofts response will be - TOUGH S**T

:x

mikeneb430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 mikeneb430
Member since 2007 • 1036 Posts
Who cares? I was disappointed with my Red Pack purchase as well. But hey, it's the buyer's decision. Not only that it says when you buy it "no refunds for this item".
vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vitriolboy
Thats fine if it was like the Gears maps which says it will be free in a few months but doing it this way rips off early adopters
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
I don't understand, what is free now?
mikeneb430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mikeneb430

I don't understand, what is free now?hongkingkong

both the new Black Pack, and the previously released Red Pack.

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts

[QUOTE="hongkingkong"]I don't understand, what is free now?mikeneb430

both the new Black Pack, and the previously released Red Pack.

hmm my xbox live says there is no such thing as a black pack and hat the red pack cost 800 G.

mikeneb430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mikeneb430

Major Nelson reported that the Black Pack comes out June 30th and the Red Pack will become free. So there is obviously a problem.

JJ_Clicki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JJ_Clicki
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts
The Red Pack should be put on for free next week
nexgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nexgen
Member since 2003 • 581 Posts

Black pack will be out sometime today. Red pack will be free to download on July 6th.

And to the TC, you paid for the red pack early to play it first, no one forced you to buy it. You can't expect a refund on sometime you chose to purchase 2 months ago. It's like my tv I bought 4 months ago, now there's a newer model which is only $100 more than what I paid with better technology built in.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Major Nelson reported that the Black Pack comes out June 30th and the Red Pack will become free. So there is obviously a problem.

mikeneb430

this morning, i downloaded the free black pack but the red pack was still 800 points.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Black pack will be out sometime today. Red pack will be free to download on July 6th.

And to the TC, you paid for the red pack early to play it first, no one forced you to buy it. You can't expect a refund on sometime you chose to purchase 2 months ago. It's like my tv I bought 4 months ago, now there's a newer model which is only $100 more than what I paid with better technology built in.

nexgen

Exactly. Prices fall after you buy things all of the time, why should this be any different? You cannot reasonably expect a refund for something you've been enjoying for months now, simply because the pack is now free. That's just unreasonable thinking. I personally think Ubi is being pretty cool right now, making the Black Pack and now the Red Pack free downloads. I only hope we see more of this behavior from other companies. :P

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts
[QUOTE="mikeneb430"]

clyde46

this morning, i downloaded the free black pack but the red pack was still 800 points.

The Black packcomes out today for free;the red pack becomes free on the 6th (I'll post a link as soon as I find it).

Edit: Straight from the Rainbow Six site: http://rainbowsixgame.us.ubi.com/newspost.php?news_id=6099; "we are making the Red Pack free as of Friday July 6 as well."

DoomHawk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DoomHawk92
Member since 2006 • 311 Posts
That's weird. I downloaded the free Black Pack yesterday evening. The maps are great!
club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
sweet :D free stuff :D
ATLReppa770

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ATLReppa770
Member since 2005 • 4208 Posts

sweet :D free stuff :Dclub-sandwich

Uhhh, do you like Jessica Alba?

club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 club-sandwich

[QUOTE="club-sandwich"]sweet :D free stuff :DATLReppa770

what makes you think that? :|
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
I wish they would have made it clear that it would be free before I bought it... I only played it when it was released, now barely anyone plays those maps, until they become free that is. I feel kind of stupid.
club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 club-sandwich
I wish they would have made it clear that it would be free before I bought it... I only played it when it was released, now barely anyone plays those maps, until they become free that is. I feel kind of stupid.ag1002
that's why I never buy stuff from teh marketplace
GameFace06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GameFace06
Member since 2005 • 1272 Posts
[QUOTE="ATLReppa770"]

[QUOTE="club-sandwich"]sweet :D free stuff :Dclub-sandwich

what makes you think that? :|

LOL
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
Just another case where Live screws over the 360 people, while the PS3 people get it for free. Bloody annoying.
renegade11591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 renegade11591
Member since 2006 • 79 Posts
did you people not read that if you bought the Black map pack you get a refund?
mpalacio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mpalacio
Member since 2005 • 468 Posts
Yeah, bought the red pack when it first came out and I still play it a lot. Might have not bought it if it was going to be free later. Because of this I probably will refrain from buying any future maps as they will probably be free later anyway. A lesson to us all.
LuigiLogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LuigiLogik
Member since 2005 • 1320 Posts

Yeah, bought the red pack when it first came out and I still play it a lot. Might have not bought it if it was going to be free later. Because of this I probably will refrain from buying any future maps as they will probably be free later anyway. A lesson to us all.mpalacio

dont say that too loud, then they may never make stuff free again...

I think every thing on live should eventually be free or drop too 50pts ... like after 6 months of release... and half-off after 3 months .. that way they still make money off of impatient people , and the cheap ones can still get what they want

scriptwrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 scriptwrite
Member since 2007 • 374 Posts

I have never bought anything off the Marketplace. I'm quite happy waiting till it's free. You'll always find people playing the default maps.

club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 club-sandwich
Just another case where Live screws over the 360 people, while the PS3 people get it for free. Bloody annoying.teebeenz
that's the devs fault -_-'
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

did you people not read that if you bought the Black map pack you get a refund?renegade11591

Yeah it's going to take 6 - 8 weeks to get your money back into your account. :x

-J3LLY-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -J3LLY-
Member since 2006 • 296 Posts

I bought the BLack map pack the first day it came out and like 2 or 3 days later it becomes free..... i feel like this should be comsidered stealing because all us hardcore vegas fans are gonna get it the first day i mean jeez....... but we paid 800mp just for them to turn there backs on us and rob us of our points.

ITS STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY SHOULD BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

renegade11591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 renegade11591
wow yeah we are getting the damn points back eventually so its not like Ubisoft robbed us its Microsoft that put the 800 points on it thats why Ubisoft had them take it off it was origionally going to be free only reason Red was 800 is cuz of game modes
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 teebeenz
wow yeah we are getting the damn points back eventually so its not like Ubisoft robbed usrenegade11591
Sure, but will people get the cash for red back?
renegade11591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 renegade11591

you bought it two months ago it really doesnt matter this is sad that people are complaining about something you bought TWO MONTHS AGO you cant exchange something at a store that you bought two months ago

vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 vitriolboy

you bought it two months ago it really doesnt matter this is sad that people are complaining about something you bought TWO MONTHS AGO you cant exchange something at a store that you bought two months ago

renegade11591

The point is - stores might reduce the price of something over time but they don't just start giving it away for nothing after some people have paid out for it. Thats why its a sore point

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 teebeenz
The point is - stores might reduce the price of something over time but they don't just start giving it away for nothing after some people have paid out for it. Thats why its a sore pointvitriolboy
This was posted on PA by tyco "There are many theories percolating sur le web regarding the availability of the newest Rainbow Six map pack on Live Marketplace. And when I say availability, well, that's just it: it was made available for a few hours and then yanked unceremoniously. Were long canes involved? Joystiq broadcasts a few of the most common ones, like showstopping bugs or it being released by mistake. Here's what I think: The PS3 version of Rainbow Six comes with both map packs pre-loaded, extra content that currently costs Xbox 360 owners an additional twenty dollars. In the future, when such releases are synchronized, this sort of thing won't happen - but the precedent can't be allowed to stand. Gamers are already sensitive about the pricing on these things, and the idea that owners of a competing system not only play for free but also get the content for free is almost overwhelming in its rhetorical power."