Rage or Dark Souls?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mr_zombie60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 mr_zombie60
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts

[QUOTE="mr_zombie60"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

The game isn't tougher, it's just slower

The game is simplistic remember and repeat gameplay. You progress slowly waiting for whatever bad guy to come up, you learn his opening, then you kill him.

I mean the game itself is broken where you can't even pause during boss battles, that's not an added feature but a problem that the always on connectivity clashes with pausing during those particular battles.

The game is a memory game with some quick time events all wrapped around a very dated and broken design.

firefox59

Memory game with some quick time events all wrapped around a very dated and broken design..? What? How is the design broken at all? It's a back to roots kinda rpg. The fact that it is merciless, headache inducing, and meticulous adds to the thrill. I fail to see how there is ANYTHING wrong with its design to the extent that it's 'broken and dated.' Seems the only thing you were able to cherry pick was the fact that you cannot pause. Minor annoyance at best for most. The game is filled with a multitude of creatures, having to learn their weaknesses and take advantage of them isn't always simple. Some enemies roll quickly, or throw sudden swipes which requires precise timing.Trial and error is present, but so is skill.Making such generalizations about the combat could EASILY apply to hundreds of other games out today. Perhaps it's not your type of game, that's alright, but your absolute hate and senseless bashing is a joke.

Lol at 'back to roots RPG'. How long have you been playing games? Everything he said is correct. The game is a slow block and swing game. Not being able to pause is another wrong way the devs went about trying to make the game artificially "difficult".

I meant 'back to roots' in the sense that the game is unforgiving.. As several arcade games were. Back to roots RPG was simply misstated.. Everything he said was not correct, because it was no more than subjective distaste. If you find it to be just a "slow block and swing game", then that is your opinion. To others, that is a harsh narrow-minded overstatement and poor generalization of the game's combat.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

I meant 'back to roots' in the sense that the game is unforgiving.. As several arcade games were. Back to roots RPG was simply misstated.. Everything he said was not correct, because it was no more than subjective distaste. If you find it to be just a "slow block and swing game", then that is your opinion. To others, that is a harsh narrow-minded overstatement and poor generalization of the game's combat.

Well this is a thread about opinions.

idill23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 idill23
Member since 2004 • 1135 Posts

RAGE for me, cant wait!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#54 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Literally no interest in Rage so getting Dark Souls.

Darkslayer16

I'm the opposite to you i have no interest in Dark Souls so getting Rage.

Avatar image for Residentevil999
Residentevil999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 Residentevil999
Member since 2005 • 948 Posts

Dark Souls, Rage looks pretty awesome (it was even cooler to see it on the show Breaking Bad) but it doesn't look interesting enough for me to pick it up right after it comes out.

Xx-BTK-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Xx-BTK-xX
Member since 2006 • 637 Posts
No question about it definitely Rage! I have absolutely 0 interest in Dark Souls I would fall asleep in the first 5 minutes of that game.
Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#57 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

Rage when the price drops!

Avatar image for AWolfoftheCalla
AWolfoftheCalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 AWolfoftheCalla
Member since 2011 • 162 Posts
dark souls. not even a question. more/better gameplay. rage looks like another generic shooter from ID. they certainly dont seem to be evolving as a company over time
MikeSchaffnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MikeSchaffnit
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Personally I feel they are two very different games and can't directly be compared for your dollar. That said... the RPG fan in me screams Dark Souls
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#60 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

i had demon souls on ps3 and hated it. ill go with rage.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#61 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
Personally I feel they are two very different games and can't directly be compared for your dollar. That said... the RPG fan in me screams Dark SoulsMikeSchaffnit
not trying to compare them, just seeing how many ppl are buying each game. Obviously an FPS isn't really comparable to an RPG... and I am really surprised by how many people are buying Dark Souls. I figured only a few would be going with DS and most would be buying Rage
Avatar image for AWolfoftheCalla
AWolfoftheCalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 AWolfoftheCalla
Member since 2011 • 162 Posts
[QUOTE="MikeSchaffnit"]Personally I feel they are two very different games and can't directly be compared for your dollar. That said... the RPG fan in me screams Dark SoulsEssian
not trying to compare them, just seeing how many ppl are buying each game. Obviously an FPS isn't really comparable to an RPG... and I am really surprised by how many people are buying Dark Souls. I figured only a few would be going with DS and most would be buying Rage

probably due to how utterly unimpressive RAGE looks. just looks like another generic corridor shooter ala DOOM/QUAKE or any other ID game with some vehicle racing added in. I honestly dont think ID knows how to evolve their business to meet the changing market. They need to just fully move into engine development and stop making video games. they make amazing engines and market them pretty well, they should just make this their new business strategy and leave game design behind.