Racing masterpiece Forza Horizon 2 & AAA Medieval game "For Honor" free with August GWG!

#1 Edited by Alucard_Prime (10085 posts) -

FYI folks, pretty sick month, 2 AAA games....I own them both, and if you are one of the few Xbox One owners who does not own one of the finest arcade racing games, now is your chance to redeem yourself.

For Honor was recently revamped with dedicated server support and another content update is coming August 2, so it is great for those people who were on the fence before.:

Forza Horizon 2 Standard – 10th Anniversary Edition

Drive over 200 exotic cars and explore the beautiful vistas of southern France and northern Italy like never before, in this 10th anniversary edition of Forza Horizon 2. Show off your driving skills with friends online in challenging races and events, day or night, in dynamic weather conditions. A world of beauty and freedom awaits in this ultimate celebration of speed and style.

For Honor Standard Edition

Be prepared to enter the chaos of war in For Honor. Mix speed, strategy, and team-play across several multiplayer modes as you control your favorite warriors, be they bold Knights, brutal Vikings, or deadly Samurai. Master the innovative Art of Battle combat system and guide your armies to ultimate victory. Learn more about the upcoming For Honor – Season VII: Storm and Fury here on Xbox Wire.

Dead Space 3

Return as protagonist Isaac Clarke in the survival horror game Dead Space 3. Joined by Sgt. John Carver, travel to the ominous ice planet of Tau Volantis to uncover the secrets of the Necromorph plague. With online co-op mode, join a friend and use teamwork to end the deadly threat once and for all.

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

Grab your magic paintbrush and return to save the world of Wasteland once again in Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two. Pair up with Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, interact with classic cartoon characters of the past, and defeat the Mad Doctor in this heroic two-player co-op adventure.

#2 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (18671 posts) -

Definitely a better month than the last couple. Unfortunately I already own FH2 and Dead Space, but looking forward to trying For Honor finally.

#3 Posted by Alucard_Prime (10085 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01: yeah lol I own them all except for the Mickey game, which sounds interesting enough to download.

#4 Edited by I_P_Daily (11389 posts) -

@Alucard_Prime: Nice but I already have FH2, if only I could experience it new all over again.

You should post this over on System Wars, so I can run amok lol.

#6 Posted by SecretPolice (35068 posts) -

I own FH2 on disk but still it's nice, like others I own on disk, it's nice when this happen as I'll DL it and never need to put the disk in again. Love that, it makes me more apt to play the game since no need to get up and put a disk in. I know, pretty lazy these dayzzz. lol :P

I really wish and think with FH4 coming soon that FH3 will be offered via Game Pass. C'mon MS, make it happen. :D

#7 Posted by Todddow (907 posts) -

For Honor was the last straw for me and online multiplayer gaming. At least it isn't P2P anymore, but the community for this game ruined it at the time too. I can't imagine giving it away for free will improve that.

#8 Edited by xhawk27 (11188 posts) -

The Only game I have on the list is FH2. So this is a great month for me.

#9 Posted by phbz (4309 posts) -

Never tried FH2. The setting seems perfect for this game.

#10 Posted by I_P_Daily (11389 posts) -

@phbz said:

Never tried FH2. The setting seems perfect for this game.

#11 Edited by phbz (4309 posts) -

@i_p_daily: Ye I know. I love Forza but was always on the fence regarding the Horizon series until 3. Then I was blown away once I tried it. But I would still love to have 2 or 3 proper circuits. They could be super cool and put Silverstone into 4.

#12 Posted by robert_sparkes (2906 posts) -

Forza horizon 2 is my favourite in the series for honour looks interesting definitely giving it a go. Good month to look forward to.

#13 Posted by I_P_Daily (11389 posts) -

@phbz said:

@i_p_daily: Ye I know. I love Forza but was always on the fence regarding the Horizon series until 3. Then I was blown away once I tried it. But I would still love to have 2 or 3 proper circuits. They could be super cool and put Silverstone into 4.

The main difference between 2 & 3 is the variation of events, and 2's has more barriers meaning less freedom when driving/ still a great game though.

#14 Posted by Blueresident87 (5817 posts) -

This is a great month for Xbox's games with gold. I only have For Honor, and these are some good titles.

#15 Posted by Cboy95 (167 posts) -

Forza Horizon 2 a masterpiece? I don't believe. I don't think it's perfect to begin with.

#16 Posted by Alucard_Prime (10085 posts) -

@cboy95: that's just my opinion, you are free to disagree of course :) .....my favorite so far is FH3 but what I like about this series is it keeps building on its predecessors so at the time, for me, FH2 was one of the best arcade racers I'd ever played. If someone really has the time to go through each iteration then sure start with the first game, that's what initially got me hooked at the time.

#17 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18671 posts) -

@phbz said:

Yeah that'd be awesome... you could drive to the circuit in-game, then join/create a race at the track. In FH3, they could've had our awesome Mt. Panorama track (Bathurst), and like you said, in FH4 have Silverstone.

#18 Posted by brimmul777 (4026 posts) -

Own both of the X1 titles already,but might give Dead Space 3 a try.The problem is I have a large backlog of X1 games to play and not enough time. Maybe I'll skip the Xbox 360 titles and see what we get for September Games with Gold?

#19 Posted by Ovirew (8851 posts) -

I am curious about For Honor, I remember people going nuts over that game when it was announced. I already downloaded some of the month's other games, like Forza Horizon 2, but I have no idea when/if I will get around to trying them.

That Hot Wheels Forza thing looked cool. Is that in FH3?