R6V2 Custimzation a JOKE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 MrYates808
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts
Dont believe the hype about customizing your appearance, for you RPGers like myself, you know what customizing is, R6V2 has a HEAD change and thats it, change face and face paint and facial hair, then they throw a helmet on you that covers everything. Not the "NEW FEATURE" the critics made it sound to be. Pointless....
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Dont believe the hype about customizing your appearance, for you RPGers like myself, you know what customizing is, R6V2 has a HEAD change and thats it, change face and face paint and facial hair, then they throw a helmet on you that covers everything. Not the "NEW FEATURE" the critics made it sound to be. Pointless....MrYates808

dude

nevr mind

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
lol please tell us what you expected
MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MrYates808

[QUOTE="MrYates808"]Dont believe the hype about customizing your appearance, for you RPGers like myself, you know what customizing is, R6V2 has a HEAD change and thats it, change face and face paint and facial hair, then they throw a helmet on you that covers everything. Not the "NEW FEATURE" the critics made it sound to be. Pointless....killerfist

dude

nevr mind

What???
XxLegndKillaxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 XxLegndKillaxX
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Its not that bad..... it looks better than the last game but i agree it could be better

MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrYates808
lol please tell us what you expectedzero9167
I expected that this custimizatin had some benefit, its pointless you are not DISTINGUISHED online...
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 killerfist
[QUOTE="killerfist"]

[QUOTE="MrYates808"]Dont believe the hype about customizing your appearance, for you RPGers like myself, you know what customizing is, R6V2 has a HEAD change and thats it, change face and face paint and facial hair, then they throw a helmet on you that covers everything. Not the "NEW FEATURE" the critics made it sound to be. Pointless....MrYates808

dude

nevr mind

What???

ok, RAINBOW6 is NOT an RPG!. lol why comparing character customization with RPG'S? wth man

MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrYates808
[QUOTE="MrYates808"][QUOTE="killerfist"]

[QUOTE="MrYates808"]Dont believe the hype about customizing your appearance, for you RPGers like myself, you know what customizing is, R6V2 has a HEAD change and thats it, change face and face paint and facial hair, then they throw a helmet on you that covers everything. Not the "NEW FEATURE" the critics made it sound to be. Pointless....killerfist

dude

nevr mind

What???

ok, RAINBOW6 is NOT an RPG!. lol why comparing character customization with RPG'S? wth man

Trust me, I am grown and have been gaming for 18 years, I know its a FPS, but you don't usually get a CUSTOMIZATION in a FPS. Its a popular RPG feature or sports feature. I thought the idea was to Distinguish your character from others. But this is not the case. Its a feature they spent all of a couple hours adding this just for HYPE! It is pointless and the critics spoke of the CUSTOMIZATION as a sweet add on from the first. ITS NOT!!!! I am merely debunking the hype...
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 killerfist
[QUOTE="killerfist"][QUOTE="MrYates808"][QUOTE="killerfist"]

[QUOTE="MrYates808"]Dont believe the hype about customizing your appearance, for you RPGers like myself, you know what customizing is, R6V2 has a HEAD change and thats it, change face and face paint and facial hair, then they throw a helmet on you that covers everything. Not the "NEW FEATURE" the critics made it sound to be. Pointless....MrYates808

dude

nevr mind

What???

Trust me, I am grown and have been gaming for 18 years, I know its a FPS, but you don't usually get a CUSTOMIZATION in a FPS. Its a popular RPG feature or sports feature. I thought the idea was to Distinguish your character from others. But this is not the case. Its a feature they spent all of a couple hours adding this just for HYPE! It is pointless and the critics spoke of the CUSTOMIZATION as a sweet add on from the first. ITS NOT!!!! I am merely debunking the hype...

well maybe you expected way to much from it.

personaly, I dont give a ratsass about character customization in fps's. the customization was ok in rb6v1 and they've put some new camo's in there. thats all right?

MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MrYates808
Okay man I bow down, I don't want any trouble, lol! Just speaking about the game and where it could have been better, your right customization in a FPS is pointless, guess they proved it...
PowerOfSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PowerOfSoul
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
There are several different types of armor and dozens of different weapons that you can use to distinguish yourself from other players. That is not what Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 is about though. It is about tactics and teamwork and good cover mechanics. In those ways it is not like every other FPS on the market and that is why people chose to play it.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 killerfist

Okay man I bow down, I don't want any trouble, lol! Just speaking about the game and where it could have been better, your right customization in a FPS is pointless, guess they proved it...MrYates808

lol no big deal man. its just kinda lame to compare customizations in FPS's with RPG's;)

its like the camos for your weapons in COD4..kinda pointless if you ask me.

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
[QUOTE="zero9167"]lol please tell us what you expectedMrYates808
I expected that this custimizatin had some benefit, its pointless you are not DISTINGUISHED online...

Have you tried the ARMOR AND CAMO customization?
MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MrYates808
[QUOTE="MrYates808"][QUOTE="zero9167"]lol please tell us what you expectedzero9167

Have you tried the ARMOR AND CAMO customization?

Yes sir, not too bad considering its abit more effective but still nothing to really go AWW at, if you know what I mean....Like perks and camo in cod
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#15 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
can you still take a picture of yourself with the vision cam? If so, how more unique/distinguished can you get than looking like your actual self?
tommcruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tommcruise
Member since 2007 • 719 Posts
I dunno... I spent about 40 minutes customizing my guy. I like it...
MrYates808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrYates808
I dunno... I spent about 40 minutes customizing my guy. I like it... tommcruise
40mininutes? On the intial custimization? No way, you choose Face, Facial Hair, and Face Paint! How did that take 40minutes?
Avatar image for volcomstoner180
volcomstoner180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 volcomstoner180
Member since 2008 • 4410 Posts

Okay man I bow down, I don't want any trouble, lol! Just speaking about the game and where it could have been better, your right customization in a FPS is pointless, guess they proved it...MrYates808

i thought they were gonna have more customization aswell tho, it seemed like it from some preview i read

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

The customization on a cosmetic level is the same as it was in the first Vegas. You can choose your armor, weapons, etc and there are plenty of option.

If you have the Vision cam, you can map your own face onto your character.

The RPG-like elements to customization exist in the form of armor that affects your agility and amount of ballistic protection. As you level up, you gain access to more and more items.

Vegas2 is better now that PEC is implemented in single player, co-op and adversarial.

tommcruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tommcruise
Member since 2007 • 719 Posts

[QUOTE="tommcruise"]I dunno... I spent about 40 minutes customizing my guy. I like it... MrYates808
40mininutes? On the intial custimization? No way, you choose Face, Facial Hair, and Face Paint! How did that take 40minutes?

Dude, I was trying out balacavas, guys with mohawks, shades and helmets, hats, face paint, clothing, armor, etc.