Quick TV question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Strap_happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Strap_happy
Member since 2005 • 682 Posts

Hi very quick question... what is the best TV out of these: -

Samsung

or

Toshiba

Thanks

Jack_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Jack_78
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts

If the Samsung frame is jet black, with a gloss finish, it can sometimes get annoying as light reflects from it, especially while you are gaming, Samsung is however a very good make, and i guess the decision is based upon personal preference, They are both good quality, so go for the cheapest, or the one which you personally would look at everyday!

Strap_happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Strap_happy

but in terms of the overall quality of the tvs themselves? which would you say?

Jack_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jack_78
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts

Overall Quality, taking everything into consideration:

Samsung.

Strap_happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Strap_happy
any other opinions??
FlashCharge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 FlashCharge
Member since 2007 • 2239 Posts
I have found the Sony XBR6 32 inch LCD to be an outstanding TV in all respects. Great black and white and color. Sound quality is very good and with 4 HDMI ports make it a gamers delight. I know that many prefer the Sams but check it out.
NosBigblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NosBigblock
Member since 2003 • 280 Posts
I like the Toshiba, I have a samsung and have bad luck with it,,I also have a Toshiba 1080P tv with game mode for a year now and Im very pleased with it. Samsung replaced my tv and the new one they sent was bad out of the box and they repaired that one and it took 3 months,,,when I got back it still looks bent in the corners.
marksman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 marksman77
Member since 2003 • 454 Posts

The Toshiba has 3 HDMI inouts while the Samsung only has 1. The HDMI on the TOshiba is probably version 1.3 which supports the higher new standard for HDMI which fully supports the 7.1 audio or true HD for sound.

I would get the TOshiba hands down. It seems to be a newer model with much more features than the Samsung.

L183R470R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 L183R470R
Member since 2005 • 52 Posts

The Toshiba has 3 HDMI inouts while the Samsung only has 1. marksman77

The samsung has three also (1 side, 2 rear). The Toshiba lists a higher contrast ratio. I would probably go with the Tosh depending on price. Also, this should have been posted in the AV forum.

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
The thing about the Toshiba is if anything happened to it there's no repair center in NA so you'd have to send it to another country to get serviced, that's mainly the reason why they're relatively cheaper.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

I don't know about the Toshiba, but I have a 32" Samsung with a similar model number and am very happy with it. I use it mainly for 360 gaming and everything looks great on it.

As a nice bonus it also has PiP (Picture in Picture) so I can be watching TV and playing my 360 at the same time :)

JuanaSmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JuanaSmoke
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts
I will agree with who said if there is a shiny black finish on the tv not to get it. There gets fingerprints you can see all over the sides and like he said you always get bad reflection on it, the whole thing about lcd is you won't get any glare or lights shining off your tv, but you will see the reflections of lights all over the side of the tv. Get the one that looks the nicest from its appearance, i'm sure both are pretty much same in picture quality and everything else.