Quick question (yes, this is regarding possibility of console death)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Beaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Beaul
Member since 2006 • 277 Posts

You can answer this in 'yes', 'no', or if you really want to be a nerd then you can just go ahead and let loose with the complete essays telling me my full situation in minute detail. Whichever you prefer.

I was playing Project Gotham Racing 3, paused in the middle of a race with music going, getting caught up in an MSN/Windows Live/whatthehellever Messenger conversation of the utmost important, came back after an hour or so, and the music had just stopped playing upon resuming. I recalled the screen had flickered once and a while previously so I turned the console off. I turned it back on a few minutes later and it was perfectly fine, music and all.

So, are these warning signs that my 360 is dying, or is it just a one-time never-worry-about-it-again sort of thing?

Information you may or may not care about: I was playing the game for hours and hours at one time with no breaks, the console is horizontal, game disc hasn't been used too much so it's probably not scratched (if it was the music wouldn't be perfect turning it back on I don't think), and the console was purchased last January. There's no hard drive.

That's about it. If this was already asked, sorry for wasting a good minute of your time and for what it's worth, you can help your situation by not complaining about it like a six year old with a skinned knee.

Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts
You should be fine. ALL video game consoles freeze up like that from time to time.
The_Beaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Beaul
Member since 2006 • 277 Posts
Thank you and sorry for not noticing the board made just for discussing these matters. I was panicked. Very sorry.
Merc009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Merc009
Member since 2007 • 2620 Posts

if your game freezez like normal its fine but if it freezez and you see little green squares and you hear a noise you are done

thats how my 360 died.

XBOXMaster52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XBOXMaster52
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Man i was with my friend wen the red ring of death and he freaked out!!!!!!! Well in the end let say we were in the emergancy room 2 get a joy stick out of his moms eye socket. :(
Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts
My 360 had small freezes on forza 2 with no graphic lines or anything... one day i turned it on and got the 3 red lights...