simbokarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By simbokarl
Member since 2021 • 2 Posts

I'm moving from the the PS4 to the Xbox Series X...so I have a few questions...

Is a headset/microphone required for online multiplayer?

I ignorantly brushed off Planet Coaster Console Edition as a crappy game without even looking at it, until I saw people on here expressing excitement for the game! No 192.168.1.1 w I want it. lol. ➡️ My question: Are there any Xbox game pass games you overlooked, but turned out to be a joy to play?

I've heard praise upon praise reg router login arding the Xbox controller, I assume coming from a PS4 controller won't take too long to adjust?

Anyways, I'm excited for this switch! (As my Switch collects dust, lol) Thanks for answering these questions!

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 sealionact  Online
Member since 2014 • 9814 Posts

No headset required. Thumb sticks on the Xbox controller are differently placed, but I’m sure you know that….somehow feels more natural for me. Buy a set of 4 eneloop AA batteries with a charger and they will keep you gaming for years.

If you like building games, get your Gamepass trial and download the riftbreaker….horribly addictive.

Enjoy!

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#4 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6082 Posts

@simbokarl:I suggest Halo:MCC,a must try game,six games that in my opinion is the best deal on the Xbox. Back 4 Blood just dropped on Gamepass. Well worth the price for a subscription that will not run out on endless content. Don't listen to Sony fanboys,XSX and Gamepass is the Best deal in gaming.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 732 Posts

I own a PS5 and a Switch but a few days ago I did the three-year game pass trick and decided to explore a few Xbox games I ignored this past gen. I don't have a Series X yet, but feel like the games this go around will be worth the investment. I am playing on my One S atm and hope I can find the system this holiday season. Anyway...

Play Ori and the Blind Forest. Seriously. It's fantastic. I am not a fan of platformers. I hate them, but I feel like this game is special and have been playing a ton of it the last few days. I still won't be a fan of platformers after this lol, but it's a great game.

Also, not sure if this is the best recommendation, but I am planning to dive into State of Decay 2 soon. I dumped a lot of hours into the original several years ago and liked the gameplay loop.

Last thing, I have used the PS controllers (dualshock and now dualsense) and Xbox controllers. Honestly, I can easily go from one to the other. Even in the same day. I don't really have a preference. The Xbox controller is a little larger than the dualshock and I find it a tad more comfortable than that one.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a8d05d77a44
deactivated-62a8d05d77a44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-62a8d05d77a44
Member since 2021 • 19 Posts

@simbokarl: A headset will certainly help for some games. I recommend spending $100 for a fair one. They also sell chatpads that snap into your controller and give it a handy keyboard, great if you type things in on your system a lot or like to post in text chat. I am not sure is Series has a chatpad yet or not.

I am not even sure what all is currently on Gamepass, but I can almost always find gems in the library. Streets of Rage 4 was pretty fun to play through co-op with my online buddy. I got that Into the Pit and it seems kinda neat.

I think the XBOX has a much better controller than the Playstation, but that's my opinion. I wouldn't have said that about The Duke controller, but pretty much since 360 that has been the case, and things have improved a lot since then.

Sergio_Pires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sergio_Pires
Member since 2022 • 39 Posts

PlayStation does have some great games. Chief amongst them would be the God of War series.

With that said, the Xbox has a more intelligently designed controller IMO and I couldn't live without the Halo series. Though the name of the console is less than original, MS did a great job with the Series X from what I've seen so far. The trick is finding one in stock.