Question bout the Xbox 360 3 year warranty..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RKO510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RKO510
Member since 2005 • 2021 Posts

since we all have a 3 year warranty for the RRoD, do they send us a brand new 360? because ive sent mine in last thurday and it arrived on friday.

so when do I get mine back?

RKO510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RKO510

edit: it arrived AT the repair center on friday..

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

MS is doing one of 3 options right now...

1st option - they repair your console.

2nd option - they replace your console with a new one.

3rd option - they are also taking components from multiple defective consoles and mashing them together into a new unit and calling it new. YIKES - this is the one i wouldn't want!

Anyway - check your serial number when you get it back - if it's the same it's the same console. :)

Turn around time is roughly a week and a half lately so you should see it early next week - like maybe Mondayish (week from today).

RKO510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RKO510
i hope they replace it.. so it get it back sooner, but thanks.
l0uciferr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 l0uciferr
Member since 2005 • 434 Posts
Is the 3 year warranty still going? because my THIRD 360 just died last week and they are telling me that my 1 year warranty is over and they want to charge me 99 bucks to fix this one. Calling them is a waste of time IMO I am trying to find an email for them to write too and let them know how much i think this sucks. So is the 3 yr still active or what?
Potemkin2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Potemkin2005
Member since 2005 • 1771 Posts
Is the 3 year warranty still going? because my THIRD 360 just died last week and they are telling me that my 1 year warranty is over and they want to charge me 99 bucks to fix this one. Calling them is a waste of time IMO I am trying to find an email for them to write too and let them know how much i think this sucks. So is the 3 yr still active or what?l0uciferr
Three year warranty is still active, unless the console is older than three years of course. They may be trying to tell you that it's a problem with your HDD and not the console. The warranty on the HDD is only one year and the three year warranty on the console only covers the RRoD. They tried to tell me it was my HDD. They were dead wrong.
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

[QUOTE="l0uciferr"]Is the 3 year warranty still going? because my THIRD 360 just died last week and they are telling me that my 1 year warranty is over and they want to charge me 99 bucks to fix this one. Calling them is a waste of time IMO I am trying to find an email for them to write too and let them know how much i think this sucks. So is the 3 yr still active or what?Potemkin2005
Three year warranty is still active, unless the console is older than three years of course. They may be trying to tell you that it's a problem with your HDD and not the console. The warranty on the HDD is only one year and the three year warranty on the console only covers the RRoD. They tried to tell me it was my HDD. They were dead wrong.

Just to clarify - the 3yr warranty is for the RROD ONLY! If anything else is wrong it's a 1yr warranty. There are no consoles older than 3 years old until November of 2008 which is 3 years after launch.

If you are having a problem other than the RROD and need warranty service - I suggest causing the RROD - though i won't tell you how cuz that's what Google's for. ;)