Q: Did anyone switch from PS4 to Xbox One?

• 66 results
SoupyFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By SoupyFlow
Member since 2014 • 136 Posts

So I was wondering if anyone here had the experience of switching from PS4 to Xbox One as their main console?

Basically I like to stay within one console's ecosystem for all multiplats etc and I also prefer the more powerful console every generation. I currently own both a PS4 and Xbox One. Since the PS4 launch it has been my main console and I only used my Xbox One for exclusives. The previous generation Xbox 360 was my main console and the PS3 just collected dust when not used as a Bluray player.

However with all of the changes Microsoft has been doing to the Xbox One's new sexy UI, new controllers, the new Xbox One S, and the upcoming Scorpio (which looks like it will be more powerful than the PS4 Neo), I am really intrigued to possibly switch over to the Xbox One as my main console from here on out.

Why did I choose PS4 initially as my main console? Basically it was because of how it's slightly more powerful than the current Xbox One and more people seemed to be switching over from the Xbox 360 to the PS4. I wanted to be part of the bigger community. However, if you focus on US sales of games, the PS4 and Xbox One are almost neck and neck. Some games even sold more on the Xbox One than the PS4. Looking at global sales are pointless because I live in the US and I only play on US servers.

While the main advantage the PS4 has over the current Xbox One is it's slightly more powerful hardware, all of the below items more than make up for the Xbox One's slightly less powerful system.

Here are a few things about the Xbox One that I love, that Sony and PS4 does not have:

-Better Interface/UI

The PS4 interface is not bad, but it's very dated looking and lacks a lot of basic features. The game library management is also horrid.

-Achievement Progress Tracking and Time Played Tracking

With the Xbox One, you can accurately track your achievements progress which you cannot do on the PS4 with their trophies. For example on the Xbox One, it will say that an achievement it 87% completed etc. Xbox also tracks your time played with games, which is a feature I have always really liked about Steam on PC.

-Better Overall Controller: Better Range, Better Battery Life, Stronger Rumble, Impulse Triggers

While I think the DualShock 4 is a great controller, overall the Xbox One controller is superior. It has much better range than the DualShock 4, and using the headphone port does not cut out all of the time like the DualShock 4 does. Also the battery life is WAY better, the rumbling is much stronger, and when a game uses the impulse triggers it's amazing. You also have the option to pick up the Elite controller which feels amazing. I also had a chance to hold the new Xbox One S controller, and it feels great. The new slick design also looks cool.

-Xbox Live is More Stable and Secure than PSN

This might start a holy war. But Microsoft has been in the server game a long time. They run their own Xbox Live servers and they know what they are doing. Sony on the other hand outsources their PSN servers and really knows nothing about server management. Overall Xbox Live is not only more stable, but more secure. I am scared to leave my credit card number stored on PSN, as they are known to get hacked all the time. If you try to do a chargeback with your credit card company or bank, Sony normally bans your PSN account.

-Xbox One/Xbox Live Downloads Way Faster than PSN: Better Network, Better Hardware

From my experience the Xbox One downloads games WAY faster than my PS4. I have a 300mbps internet connection and my Xbox One downloads games just as fast as using Steam on my gaming PC etc. However, my PS4 download speeds are horrible and does not use my fast internet connections to it's full advantage. It's painful downloading a 50GB game on the PS4. Both systems are hard wired into my router. I think the Xbox One not only has a better ethernet card built in, but Xbox Live is just faster. Also from my experience when using Wifi, the Xbox One has a better connection, here the Wifi range on the PS4 is just plain crap.

-Better Remote Play Streaming

After using both the PS4's remote play features on the PS Vita and using their new PC/Mac app, and the Xbox app in Windows 10, streaming games with the Xbox One has been much better. However I do admit that I hardly ever do it on either system.

-Backwards Compatibility

When they first announced this I didn't really care. But now I am starting to see more and more of my Xbox 360 digital library showing up and it feels more like home from my Xbox 360 days. I tried using Sony's PlayStation Now, and it's a joke.

-Exclusives I Prefer

Most of the Sony exclusives bore me. The Last of Us is ok, everything else just does not interest me. While I am not really a Halo fan, I do like Forza, State of Decay, Gears of War etc. There are even new exclusive IPs that I am excited about.

-Focus on the US Market

Some people might think this is a bad thing, but I like how Microsoft's main demographic is the US and a bit of the UK. Microsoft caters to the US market, knows what we like, makes exclusive games that Americans are more into and it works. And as far as the community, like I said earlier, I don't care that worldwide the PS4 has sold more, I will never play Battlefield with some guy in Brazil. I live in the US, and play on US servers only. Also like I mentioned before, game sales are basically neck and neck with the PS4 within the US.

-The Xbox One S is Sexy

I am really tempted to pick up the 2TB Xbox One S. It is one of the best looking consoles ever and it might even end up being just as powerful as a PS4. We will have to wait and see. I do have a 4K TV and it would pair up great with it. The PS4 Neo is also supposed to be 4K, but there is no guarantee it will actually be more powerful than the current PS4.

-The Scorpio is Coming and it looks like it will be more powerful than the PS4 Neo.

While the current PS4 is currently slightly more powerful than the Xbox One, the Scorpio looks like it will walk all over the PS4 Neo. If I do switch over to Xbox One as my main console, I will already been part of the ecosystem with the more powerful console (by a mile).

-Microsoft Wants to be the king again and they want it bad.

Currently I think Microsoft just wants to be the king MORE than Sony. Microsoft has the money, the technology and the infrastructure to make it happen. I can easily see them doing things like taking big pay cuts on the Xbox Scorpio to gain market share (they can afford it) or buying exclusive rights to third party games. Imagine Madden being an Xbox exclusive? I highly doubt they will ever make the mistakes again that they made with the initial Xbox One announcements a few years ago. They will also never let Sony have the more powerful system ever again. If I do make the switch, I will already be in the ecosystem that rules the console market in the US.

So sorry for the wall of text, but back to my original question. Has anyone out there made the switch from PS4 to Xbox One?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

No, I have both machines, as well as the handhelds, a Wii U, and multiple PCs.

Also, this is probably the wrong forum for this comparison (I don't think the topic or following discussion will be allowed). Better off going to System Wars.

You'd do well to look into the library gap of both consoles; you are in for a shock.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I got both machines, got PS4 first and a year and a half later got the X1, neither is perfect but both got things I like and dislike. I don't give a damn about "power" I care about games and by the time both consoles launched PS4 had a couple of games that interest me while X1 didn't, reason why I purchased PS4 first.

SoupyFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SoupyFlow

@SolidTy: MmmmmK. Well I have both as well, and a Wii U, Handhelds, Gaming PC etc too. But as far as consoles go most people have their "main" console they normally play on regardless if they have them all. That's basically all I was wondering. I preferred to ask this in the Xbox Association area of the forums, so that PS4 and Gaming PC fanboys would not infiltrate the post.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@soupyflow said:

@SolidTy: MmmmmK. Well I have both as well, and a Wii U, Handhelds, Gaming PC etc too. But as far as consoles go most people have their "main" console they normally play on regardless if they have them all. That's basically all I was wondering. I preferred to ask this in the Xbox Association area of the forums, so that PS4 and Gaming PC fanboys would not infiltrate the post.

Never mind him, he has this thing that when someone says something nice about the XB1, he will mention the games gap between consoles just to be a Debbie Downer :(

If I were you I wouldn't worry about if people have switched from this or to that and just enjoy your consoles.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@soupyflow said:

Never mind him, he has this thing that when someone says something nice about the XB1, he will mention the games gap between consoles just to be a Debbie Downer :(

If I were you I wouldn't worry about if people have switched from this or to that and just enjoy your consoles.

Pretty much what I usually see, he claims to be a manticore, but everything he posts says "moooooo".

Also, I think this is the right place to post this. If this were in System Wars it would just be yet another flame thread with a bunch of cows attacking the OP for not agreeing with their narrow minded opinion. I have all 3 systems(though Nintendo refuses to fix my WiiU that I never got to use) and started this gen on Playstation 4 with a couple of my more vocal buddies from the 360. I got my Xbox One a month or two after launch and bought several of the popular multiplat titles on both consoles for a while.

I agree with some of the pro's mentioned in the OP, but for me the biggest pro is that the people I want to play games with primarily stuck with Xbox. At the end of the day there is very little difference between Playstation and Xbox. There is very little Sony and Microsoft can create that will be a 'game changer' in my opinion, the real game changers in the modern connected world are the people you share your gaming experience with. That is where you will find the best gaming experience, with friends.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 raugutcon

This post would have been more fun at SW, just to watch Tormentos and NDS write a bunch of pendejadas.

As I said, both consoles have things I like and things I dislike but I end up ignoring them in the final run, what I care about is games and exclusive games can only be played in X or Y system reason why I end up purchasing them all. With the exception of Vita I have every Sony system, I enjoyed them and continue to do so, the same way I enjoy Xbox and X360. I missed the NES, SNES and N64 era and ended up purchasing them not long ago so I can play the games I liked which btw were the games I played at the Arcade when I was in my late teens and early 20´s. So pretty much, I own a bunch of sytems and I have no favorite one.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

I have both, no need to stick to only one. What sucks though is the amount of games I have and can't finish due to time.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

I actually got the PS4 first only because I didn't like what MS was offering back in 2013 and the price $500 vs $400 was just asking for trouble, it made me get a PS4 because it was cheaper and it had the games I wanted to play on it. I didn't get an Xbox One until MS took Kinect out of commission, and a fair price for it, and so with that, I got Xbox One November 2014 with a 1TB that came with it. I also own Wii U and PC.

This year however, I might just go with PS4/PC/3DS and with Windows 10, it'll be easier for me to play MS games on PC now and I'll just move my Xbox One to the entertainment room as a Blu-Ray player and gaming for any guest in the house.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

I have both consoles, ps4 sits in my bedroom whilst the x1 is in my front room. So both get a fair bit of use. A friend of mine recently switched over to x1 from ps4 based on the monthly free games. Its a matter of opinion which offers the better games every month, but I do tend to agree that x1 has the better games most months.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#11 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Sounds like you made the right choice for your preferences. Sony fans can't seem to grasp that in system wars.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22369 Posts

I started out with PS4 at the start of the gen (got it at launch) because I was mainly PS3 last gen (only because 360's RROD screwed me over many times). But I soon really started missing Xbox and it's games (mainly Halo & Forza), so I decided to take the plunge and get an XB1 6 months after I got PS4. And I haven't looked back... even traded my PS4 and bought more XB1 games :)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SolidTy

@suicidesn0wman said:
i_p_daily said:
@soupyflow said:

Pretty much what I usually see, he claims to be a manticore, but everything he posts says "moooooo".

Also, I think this is the right place to post this. If this were in System Wars it would just be yet another flame thread with a bunch of cows attacking the OP for not agreeing with their narrow minded opinion. I have all 3 systems(though Nintendo refuses to fix my WiiU that I never got to use) and started this gen on Playstation 4 with a couple of my more vocal buddies from the 360. I got my Xbox One a month or two after launch and bought several of the popular multiplat titles on both consoles for a while.

I agree with some of the pro's mentioned in the OP, but for me the biggest pro is that the people I want to play games with primarily stuck with Xbox. At the end of the day there is very little difference between Playstation and Xbox. There is very little Sony and Microsoft can create that will be a 'game changer' in my opinion, the real game changers in the modern connected world are the people you share your gaming experience with. That is where you will find the best gaming experience, with friends.

This is trolling. That's a shame that you debased yourself and had to fanboy like that. I don't go around quoting you and trying to provoke you. Why is it so hard for kids to be nice? It's disgraceful and even your sentence is straight out of 2005 with the "mooo", is so unoriginal. Am I supposed to call you a sour sad lemming or something? No thanks. I've been called all the animals by users with dissenting opinions. I've been a sheep, Hermit, Lemming, Cow, and manticore depending on what fanboy type I'm engaged with. That is juvenile and it's no wonder your site is struggling, the site you asked me to contribute on. You can't attract bees with vinegar.

This is exactly why this topic doesn't belong in this forum, the fanboys that read mild statements and decide to instead of discuss what is on the table, opt in for attacking users like you did.

If someone counters or says anything answer the topic with perhaps a different perspective to the TC's question, that user is immediately attacked by fanboys such as yourself. You can't help yourself. You have made a lot of bogus claims since you started posting more recently this gen at this site (many times I don't even quote some of the outlandish things you've typed), and in my opinion you are far from objective (you looooove Xbox, and some of us have the audacity and nerve to merely only like and enjoy the Xbox).

I can discuss politely the topic (which I did), but not with fanboys like you ready to pounce, which means there can't be a true discussion on this topic, just a circle jerk/echo chamber, generalizations against users, and ad hominems against users that have a different perspective to the TC's question.

If there was a guarantee to keep it clean, we could have had a nice discussion, but alas...

This is why we can't have nice things and this is what holds you back.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SolidTy

i_p_daily said:
@soupyflow said:

I didn't specifically bring up the hundreds more games that are not on the Xbone (that should be as both machines are X86 and both machines released Nov 2013) that brings me to one machine over the other; I just told him to check out the library gap and let him decide. I had tons more information, but I held back out of courtesy, but it seems there is no point and now the cat is out of the bag due to trolling. :( The library is exactly what kept me buying 360 games last gen over the Wii and PS3. Every gen is different, so every gen users have to face the wrath of fanboys from some faction.

I can have a nice discussion, but can you? Is it just your default aggro state that doesn't allow for you to have polite discussion? You should work on changing that, if you are able. There are users that are always angry, but there are also users that are able to answer questions and navigate petty squabbles. If I quoted you and posted like you did about you, I would understand, but I didn't.

----

I could have posted, but I did not:

"TC, nevermind him, he has this thing where when someone with more than one current gen console speaks up to answer a question (because he only has a current gen Xbone and can't fathom a world with multiple current gen machines), he become a Negative Nancy. :("

You see, but it's not vital for me to go after people. Who cares. It's just pieces of plastic and we have bigger thing to worry about.

Personally, I enjoy the Xbone, but the games available is what brings me to one machine over another, simple as that. It's hard for others that don't have the same time and resources to notice if they don't have the proper tools to compare.

TC @soupyflow: When I look back at my Sega Genesis collection, SNES, N64, Intellivision, NES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, 360, Atari, etc...it's the games at the end of the day that I turn these machines on. The machine with the most games I enjoy, gets powered up the most. That's all there is to it. In terms of enjoying Xbox, I have the gamerscore to prove I have played A LOT of Xbox (Top 1% Gamerscore as a matter of fact). That's a testament to the Xbox brand and my allegiance to turning it on to enjoy my purchases. What I dislike is fanboys that get upset when you don't agree with them on every little thing. You did not engage in such disgraceful behavior, but you can see other superfans don't have the same restraint some of us have.

A discussion sounds theoretically great, but no matter what area you post, you will always attract fanboys in addition to level headed users. Many level headed users see the fanboys, and may opt to just not post at all on the topic for fear of being trolled/flamed for no reason. So, the discussion is limited because the normal users don't want to deal with fanboys from any faction. You see the problem? If someone posts their perspective, they risk being called names and attacked. It simply kills the discussion. It's already started from my incredibly minor and small post answering your topic. They simply can't help themselves.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 suicidesn0wman

@SolidTy: Seems like the typical cow in denial response.

SoupyFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SoupyFlow

Imagine the banter going on in here if I had posted this in the system wars forum. This is why I did not. :)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SolidTy

@suicidesn0wman: Seems like the typical lemming in denial response.

Especially because, you chose to fanboy it out attacking users instead of just keeping it clean in responding to the TC. :(

Shame on you.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SolidTy

@soupyflow said:

Imagine the banter going on in here if I had posted this in the system wars forum. This is why I did not. :)

Well, you will get three groups here.

1. One will say they did the switch.
  2. One group will say they did not.
  3. One group will say they have all the machines and didn't switch.

Beyond that, depending on the forum: answers will be scrutinized by the fanboys and ad hominems will be used, which kills discussion and starts flame wars, as you saw two users already do (I've seen the exact thing happen in the Nintendo, PS, and Xbox forums).

In SW, while it would be more aggressive, and a lot of attacking, you would also find more level headed users across the spectrum as well. You would just have to cherry pick the responses and weed out the flaming, as that forum is far more active. I suppose it depends on how many people you want to interact with and if you want to deal with a ton of trolling fanboys mixed in with more level headed users.

It's all good amigo, this particular forum is dying, so many users simply don't post in specific sections.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@SolidTy: Here's the problem ty, whenever there is a debate about which console to buy you put forth the PS4's good points, and always seem to forget the XB1's good points, and when someone calls you out on a point you didn't put forth about the one, well then your go to response is I "forgot" You've done it when I pointed it out to you and i have seen you do it when other people have called you out on it. You're not forgetting, you're showing a clear bias, one you claim not to have.

You didn't even read what the OP said in the start, which was that the PS4 was his/her main console, so do you really think the OP doesn't know what games are on which system? there was no need to throw in what you always do when a discussion like this pops up. Seriously did you even read any of the other points?

Notice how this "one console owner" never said which was better or worse, but not to worry and enjoy both consoles, yet you the "i own every console" guy threw out a statement that a fanboy would to put a negative spin on things.

I especially love the part where you said "i could have posted, but did not" then proceeds to anyway lol.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 suicidesn0wman

@i_p_daily said:

@SolidTy: Here's the problem ty, whenever there is a debate about which console to buy you put forth the PS4's good points, and always seem to forget the XB1's good points, and when someone calls you out on a point you didn't put forth about the one, well then your go to response is I "forgot" You've done it when I pointed it out to you and i have seen you do it when other people have called you out on it. You're not forgetting, you're showing a clear bias, one you claim not to have.

You didn't even read what the OP said in the start, which was that the PS4 was his/her main console, so do you really think the OP doesn't know what games are on which system? there was no need to throw in what you always do when a discussion like this pops up. Seriously did you even read any of the other points?

Notice how this "one console owner" never said which was better or worse, but not to worry and enjoy both consoles, yet you the "i own every console" guy threw out a statement that a fanboy would to put a negative spin on things.

I especially love the part where you said "i could have posted, but did not" then proceeds to anyway lol.

This ^^^^^

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SolidTy

Shame on you two for continuing this debasing, off topic discussion against a user. I suppose trolling was the only thing you guys wanted to do...

Loading Video...

Yeah, it's easy to cast stones with both of you two "xtreme fans" (as I know both of you, and this off topic display proves the point), and make up whatever suits the fanboy agenda of the day, but I'll refrain because it's incredibly off topic. I don't care. I bring up random things about users, they defend themselves and bring up random things about users, it just keeps going. There is no end.

What's next, I make claims, someone else make claims, we make claims...nothing is accomplished if I indulge in fanboy offtopic behavior. It's clearly just an ad hominem cycle. Why even participate? Just drop it or send a PM. Clearly, a real discussion is impossible with you two flaming would-be posters. You both must realize the fanboy trolling actions aren't going to attract positive posts, it only draws in more trolling.

The main issue is the TC makes bullet points, and to actually discuss those bullet points and possibly disagree or agree, unleashes the fan kiddies that attempt to change the topic about users instead of discussing the topic on hand.

Meh, I'm outtie.

To the TC, enjoy the echo chamber and I hope you enjoy your purchase. I've owned my Xbone since 2013, bought at launch to enjoy it, and I hope you enjoy yours.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SolidTy

TC: I didn't switch from either, I just bought both machines at launch (and a Wii U/PC/handhelds for that matter) and I let the libraries of each machine dictate what I turn on daily. :P

@suicidesn0wman said:

This ^^^^^

Not This ^^^^^.

Depressing display...all because of a plastic box. You are better than this, my friend...

Cheer UP!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@SolidTy said:

Shame on you two for continuing this debasing, off topic discussion against a user. I suppose trolling was the only thing you guys wanted to do...

Loading Video...

Yeah, it's easy to cast stones with both of you two "xtreme fans" (as I know both of you, and this off topic display proves the point), and make up whatever suits the fanboy agenda of the day, but I'll refrain because it's incredibly off topic. I don't care. I bring up random things about users, they defend themselves and bring up random things about users, it just keeps going. There is no end.

What's next, I make claims, someone else make claims, we make claims...nothing is accomplished if I indulge in fanboy offtopic behavior. It's clearly just an ad hominem cycle. Why even participate? Just drop it or send a PM. Clearly, a real discussion is impossible with you two flaming would-be posters. You both must realize the fanboy trolling actions aren't going to attract positive posts, it only draws in more trolling.

The main issue is the TC makes bullet points, and to actually discuss those bullet points and possibly disagree or agree, unleashes the fan kiddies that attempt to change the topic about users instead of discussing the topic on hand.

Meh, I'm outtie.

To the TC, enjoy the echo chamber and I hope you enjoy your purchase. I've owned my Xbone since 2013, bought at launch to enjoy it, and I hope you enjoy yours.

For someone who doesn't want to "participate" you sure used a LOT of words to try and offend us.

Fan kiddies

Flaming would-be posters

Fanboy trolling

Xtreme fans

Your words are just water off a ducks back to me, and it shows how upset you are to post that. I hope you can cheer up sometime soon :)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SolidTy

@i_p_daily: No need to be upset. It's tough to stay on topic when you can just bash users.

Cheer up buddy.

Good luck with your future off topic, ad hominem posting style! New accounts come and go. Whatevs? :) *Thumbs up*

My original post was on topic and had nothing to do with any users. It's unfortunate my mild, on topic post to this thread upset you enough to engage in a shameful display. The second you decided to post against a user, the discussion was always going to commence a trolling domino effect inspired by plastic boxes and in some cases, jealousy (depends on the user). I've noticed since you appeared here last year in 2015, most interactions you have with users (including myself) stray from discussion of the topic and delve into personal, insult territory. It appears the topic will always devolve into off topic discourse and flaming, starting with you casting the first stone.

That said, I do think you have potential to improve, unlike what I've seen from suicidesn0wman over the last six months.

Feel free to get back on topic and leave me out if it, if you think that's even possible.

----

Again, to the TC: Enjoy your gaming purchase, mon ami.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@SolidTy: Cheer up there's always tomorrow :)

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I went from Ps3 to Xbox One, I will eventually have a Neo whenever the thing releases, as far as hobbies go, gaming isn't too expensive over the long run.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@soupyflow said:

Well, you will get three groups here.

1. One will say they did the switch.
  2. One group will say they did not.
  3. One group will say they have all the machines and didn't switch.

Beyond that, depending on the forum: answers will be scrutinized by the fanboys and ad hominems will be used, which kills discussion and starts flame wars, as you saw two users already do (I've seen the exact thing happen in the Nintendo, PS, and Xbox forums).

In SW, while it would be more aggressive, and a lot of attacking, you would also find more level headed users across the spectrum as well. You would just have to cherry pick the responses and weed out the flaming, as that forum is far more active. I suppose it depends on how many people you want to interact with and if you want to deal with a ton of trolling fanboys mixed in with more level headed users.

It's all good amigo, this particular forum is dying, so many users simply don't post in specific sections.

I can understand why the OP felt need to post this here then SW. A few months back, in Games Discussion, there was a user who made a thread that he was disappointed his PS4 purchase, users posted that thread (including me) was all civil and great points until a Mod moved it to SW and then, you'll guess it, all the Sony fanboys flip there minds and it didn't end well but hey, that's SW for ya. While SW isn't for everyone, it's the only forum in all of GS that is always active (and I can see why it is) and yeah, the specific forums are a dying breed indeed. (At least off-topic is still hanging)

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 suicidesn0wman

@i_p_daily: Oh no, the cow has given up hope on converting me to his backwards way of thinking. Too bad he didn't have the udders to own up to it directly, opting to stealth add my name to his reply. lol

SoupyFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SoupyFlow

@sailor232: Yep I agree. Compared to a lot of my other hobbies (snowboarding, paintball, biking) gaming is much cheaper. However during my heavy PC Gaming days, I was addicted to upgrading my machine anytime any little new piece of hardware came out which costing a lot. Luckily I grew out of that. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@suicidesn0wman: Well it's good to see others can see him for what he is.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SolidTy

To the TC: I said it before, and I'll say it again...

Happy gaming and enjoy your new Xbone!

suicidesn0wman said:

Wow, the trolling just never ceases with you? That's depressing, bruh.

Golly, you do seem rather upset. I hope there is a way to cheer you up. I'll try.

First, I suggest that you shouldn't debase yourself. You are better than that! :)

What you think you are doing with this constant flaming, is not clever, it is juvenile, and incredibly easy. Rise above! I could have said to your terrible trolling and unoriginal response:

"Oh no, the sour lemon is still crying. He has given up hope on converting me to his backwards way of thinking. Too bad Suicideowman didn't have the testicular fortitude to own up to his nonsense. To own up to his trolling, off topic, ad hominems directly, opting to continue on a fanboy parade. lol" - An example, but not how I feel. I don't care enough, as this kind of encounter with trolls is a dime a dozen.

I didn't though, instead I wish to uplift you, as you seem angry or at least upset. Yes, you could keep on stealth replying to newish 2015 user i_p_daily, if it makes you happy, but leave me out of it? Please?! :P Thanks in advance! I know this topic can be a joy, if you get back to it! You two are not doing this Xbox section of GS proud, nor are you setting a good example for future Xbox owners with this continued display of off topic, flaming users, uber-fanboyism. Let it go. Let's represent Xbox owning with a little dignity! I already mentioned you could PM me, or just PM that dude, like you did when you tried to advertise to me and recruit me to your website. I'm sorry I turned it down, but I guess this is your revenge.

While what I said was true, the bit emulating your off topic trolling is a parody post. I hope you have a good one. :)

i_p_daily said:

suicidesn0wman: Well it's good to see others can see him for what he is.

You guys can't help yourselves, can you? Eh, lol. I'm glad others can see you two for what you are.

I've seen fanboy team-ups many times over the years, but I think we have a love connection here.

You would do well to follow up with a personal PM to him. He also has a website, maybe you can write for him.

Tootles you guys.

Again, I ask you to get back on topic and leave me out of your embrace.

Cheer up there's always tomorrow!

Have a good day. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@SolidTy: I said it before and i'll say it again (thanks for copying me though) cheer up there's always tomorrow.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SolidTy

@i_p_daily: My last post before today was two days ago. Tomorrow was yesterday!

I thought it was over, but ALAS! The sillyness continued a bit more... :( That's okay!

I just got back after having a glorious weekend.

My point was to cheer up, there is always tomorrow.

I suppose we both wish the same thing...

Adios!

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#34 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

I'm technically switching to Xbone. Still keeping the PS4 though as my roommate uses it often. Ive hardly touched it myself after Bloodborne and Disgaea 5. Still Persona 5 on the radar...

Otherwise, already more games on Xbox that interest me than I have for PS4. And the S looks pretty sexy.

def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 def_mode
Member since 2005 • 4237 Posts

Why switch when you can have both?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@def_mode: But he is only changing from the PS4 to the XB1 as his main console. So now he will be using his XB1 for multiplats & exclusives, but he will still use his PS4 but now for exclusives only. So he will still be keeping both.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 suicidesn0wman

Yep, no ones getting rid of their console here, just considering changing their primary gaming platform. My answer remains the same, play multiplats where your friends are. Games are great, but they're better with friends.

SoupyFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SoupyFlow

Yep, I am not getting rid of my PS4, just going to use it for PS4 exclusives only.

I picked up my 2TB Xbox One S from Best Buy this morning. I live in San Francisco, but they only had three in stock. Can't wait to unbox it when I get home from work! :)

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By suicidesn0wman

@soupyflow: Let us know what you think of it.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 raugutcon

I'll have to wait to break in until the GOW is out.

SoupyFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SoupyFlow

@suicidesn0wman:I got the Xbox One S all setup last night.

Most of these things are already known, but here are a few things I like, noticed, or encountered so far:

- It's really small and light. It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be! The box it comes in is only a little bigger than the original Xbox One.

- It's super quiet. I could not hear it at all even on heavy loads. However, my original Xbox One was also very quiet. My PS4 however somewhat sounds like a jet engine at times. :)

- It never felt hot. After using it for awhile it never felt hot to the touch. My original Xbox One would feel a bit warm after playing certain games for an extended period of time.

- I love not having the big power brick. It was really great during setup when I didn't have to deal with the giant power brick. I have been dealing with them since the Xbox 360 days and I am glad they got rid of it. Hopefully it doesn't return for the Scorpio! :)

- The new Xbox One S controller feels great! The texture on it is subtle but effective. It's not a rubber grip like the Elite controller, but more of a plastic texture. But it does feel good and it does improve the grip. Everything else, including the LB/RB bumpers felt really good too. I am coming from the original Xbox One controller that came out at launch without the 3.5mm jack.

- You have to get an update on first boot. There is a system update you have to get when you first power on the machine. At first it shows an image of the original Xbox One design, after restart it shows the white Xbox One S.

- The new Xbox One S controllers need an update too. I was prompted to update my new Xbox One S controllers as well. I ended up buying an extra.

- The Xbox interface and menu is all 4K. When you change the system's resolution to 4K, everything changes to 4K, including the interface. There is also a handy list that shows what 4K/HDR features your TV supports etc. Depending on your TV's settings and abilities, different abilities will be checked or unchecked.

Overall if you can swing it, I think it's a great upgrade to hold us over until the Scorpio is released. Especially if you have a 4KTV. I'll post more if other things come up. :)

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Wow thanks for the info

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 suicidesn0wman

Definitely interesting, I'll probably wait for a Scorpio personally, only because I don't yet have a 4k TV. Figure I'll get the TV this year around Black Friday(or early spring 2017) and save up for the Scorpio after that.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

I have all the consoles out currently and pretty much almost every console anyways. I prefer to play games on the xbox one when I can because the elite controller destroys the ps4 controller (not a fan of the ps4 remote or it's battery life). Their are some exclusives on ps4 I love though.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By raugutcon

@soupyflow: question: regular X1 controllers also need the update after sync ?

Cuz I got 4 ( Original, COD, Halo MC and Halo Locke ) of them and I ain´t just gonna trash them.

SoupyFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SoupyFlow

@raugutcon: The new white Xbox One S controllers just needed a software/firmware update. My older controllers did not need an update and work fine.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 raugutcon

@soupyflow: thx for the information !

loveispink1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 loveispink1997
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

I left psn cause they service was horrible they allowed me to be d dosed so many times bullied they don’t ban people and take actions they allowed people to bully me harrased me to the point I wanted to kill myself they out of control so I went back to Xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

WOW a blast from the past. I'm still waiting for solidty to make good on his bet. Knowing he didn't still makes me smile :)

SithPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SithPS
Member since 2019 • 6 Posts

Nah XBOX doesn't have enough content that appeals to me, personally, to justify a purchase beyond my day 1 launch XB1