PUBG digital release details

#1 Edited by Alucard_Prime (9125 posts) -

FYI for those wondering when you can buy this game digitally(early Preview). I presume there will also be a free trial just like previous early preview releases. Below is a Tweet from the marketing exec.

Here is the synopsis of the game from Wikipedia for people wondering about this game and don't know much. I'll try to update the thread with newcomers tips etc later if I have time. Looking forward to finally trying it myself, this is apparently the most popular PC game at the moment.

Note that @PUBATTLEGROUNDS will be available for purchase in the @Xbox digital store on 12/11 at 9pm PST or midnight EST

"PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) is a multiplayer online battle royale game developed by PUBG Corporation, a subsidiary of Korean publisher Bluehole. The game is based on previous mods that were developed by Brendan "PlayerUnknown" Greene for other games using the 2000 film Battle Royale for inspiration, and expanded into a standalone game under Greene's creative direction. In the game, up to one hundred players parachute onto an island and scavenge for weapons and equipment to kill others while avoiding getting killed themselves. The available safe area of the game's map decreases in size over time, directing surviving players into tighter areas to force encounters. The last player or team standing wins the round."

Amazon description:

"From the makers of the best-selling PC phenomenon, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS drops players into a competitive survival battle where you'll engage in a heart-racing fight to be the last player left alive. Loot supplies, find weapons and gear-up to take on the competition. Emerge the lone survivor in a thrilling game experience full of unexpected, adrenaline-pumping moments. Game Preview: Game is unfinished and work in progress, may change over time, and may not release as a final product"