Project Sylpheed Demo Impressions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for RollingZeppelin
RollingZeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RollingZeppelin
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts

I gotta start off by saying the graphics in this game are pretty good, the videos on Gamespot just dont do it justice.

Anawho, does anyone else find the demo crazy hard? I've tried it so many times and i cant beat it. And yes i have gone to the arsenal and develped the bigger weapons. My ship always gets wreaked by a massive shot form a destroyer out of nowhere.

I also find it a bit chaotic and it's hard to tell where you should be going and what you should be killing.

Opinions, post em.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I only played the first tutorial, but it looked interesting. I don't really like how they made the universe, though, as it shouldn't look so uniform imo. (i.e. the stars always seem the same distance away, no matter which way you're traveling) I'd give it the potential for a "good" rating, as I should play a few more tutorials and see what I think then.
Avatar image for RollingZeppelin
RollingZeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RollingZeppelin
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts

I only played the first tutorial, but it looked interesting. I don't really like how they made the universe, though, as it shouldn't look so uniform imo. (i.e. the stars always seem the same distance away, no matter which way you're traveling) I'd give it the potential for a "good" rating, as I should play a few more tutorials and see what I think then.Staryoshi87

I definitely suggest playing through the tutorials and trying the mission. The battle is just huge! WAY more interesting, although as ive said harder.

trexnine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 trexnine
Member since 2006 • 106 Posts
what you have to do to beat the mission is take the missles with 60 as max lock on the 120mm cannon and the upgraded warshipmissles then use the warshipmissle then switch to the 120mm when you fired 4 of them and if you get less then half health then go as fast as you can to the resupply ship just keep doing that and if a bunch of fighters show up use the 60 lock on missles.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
The potential is there, but it's way too much of an eye strain. I don't wanna go into a seizure.:P
Brent330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Brent330
Member since 2005 • 120 Posts
I didnt like the demo at all. The graphics where not all that great and the gameplay was kinda flat.
GungraveZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 GungraveZero
Member since 2004 • 2791 Posts
I love this game. The only problem I had was with the controls and even then I still loved it. I'm used to inverted controls when I play flight games. So I just switched up and down and everything was better than before. I just wish this game had multiplayer though. At least offline or something.
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#8 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
very complicated it seems, but it has intrigued me. It is a budget game, so I wouldn't be risking much if I take the plunge
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts

very complicated it seems, but it has intrigued me. It is a budget game, so I wouldn't be risking much if I take the plungeFlawlessSeasons

I agree. It's a solid game for $40. If you want to fly in space an battle 100 enemies while commanding a small team of allies, it's a fun game.

Shorty365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shorty365
Member since 2006 • 228 Posts
I thought the demo was complete junk, maybe some of you liked it but i didnt, this is only my personal opinion. First of all there was too much HUD on screen with useless information that just cluttered the screen and the controls are very bad!
colonel_beeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 colonel_beeb
Member since 2006 • 2020 Posts
I've been really looking forward to this game ever since i saw a review of the *** version a year ago. I'll pick it up inspite of the opinions some people have given.
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
I've heard a lot of complainng about the controls in this game, but I thought they were quite good. Just took a little bit of getting used to. The game is surprisingly fun. I didn't expect much, but it's pretty damn cool. And the demo is huge!
seeker202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 seeker202
Member since 2006 • 111 Posts

Its not my kind of game fo a start. Also I thought the controls were bad and I didn't enjoy it at all.

--------------------

"This isn't just darkness. This is......ADVANCED DARKNESS!"

tonymatt225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tonymatt225
Member since 2006 • 212 Posts
i flew full speed into a warship and i exploded. i attached a nuclear warhead to my ship and wiped out everyone. it was awesome.:twisted: and its gonna be a hard game.
cgoa_disciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cgoa_disciple
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts
I just didnt understand that game at all it was pointless
redstormrisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 redstormrisen
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

I just didnt understand that game at all it was pointlesscgoa_disciple

Ahhh its pointless because you didn't understand it? Logic at its finest.

I for one enjoyed it but won't be buying it untill its on the 2 for £40 deal .I want viva pinata as well.

MIB911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MIB911
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts
never played it but now i dont wanna... i was goin to dload the demo but now it sounds like a waste of time and memory!
colonel_beeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 colonel_beeb
Member since 2006 • 2020 Posts

never played it but now i dont wanna... i was goin to dload the demo but now it sounds like a waste of time and memory!MIB911

Why dont you make up your own mind instead of listening to what other people say.

jdknight21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#19 jdknight21
Member since 2006 • 3282 Posts

I thought it was a different genre when I downloaded it. There was alot of clutter on the HUD and I didn't really care for the environment. That is personal preference, but I just felt there were too many stars and they all seemed the same distance instead of varied. In terms of controls, I thought they handled well. I think they were mapped decent as well. Isn't my type of game, though but it was technically decent.

Sup11722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sup11722
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts
it was ok if you were high and thought u were flying