Problems With Getting Charged for Xbox live

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GTP_HaVoC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GTP_HaVoC
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
i have no problem getting charged $50 to play online for the year i learned to live with it. my problem is the xbox marketplace. and how they are charging so much for these cheap arcade games and $10 for new downloadable content on maps. before it use to be that if you had xbox live you can get downloadable content that people couldnt get that didnt have xbox live. Now neither of us can get this content it unless we pay for it.
scriptwrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 scriptwrite
Member since 2007 • 374 Posts
Hence... I don't pay for it lol. I'm not really into the arcade games, so no losses there and I wouldn't pay for themes or maps, because in months to come, they'll be free anyway.
yungboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 yungboi
Member since 2003 • 1466 Posts
Gold subscribers should be able to get discounts on arcade games and dl content.
vin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vin360
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
i totally agree wit u its a shame that u haffta pay for maps for games wen u already payed 60 dollars for the game itself.
MIB911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MIB911
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts
Yeah its definatley terrible just trying to rip us all off. But should we be getting these for free? Lets thhink hummmmm. Yeah we should lol
mehoff88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mehoff88
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts

GOOD POINT!! I never really actually put it in to perspective that way. Im paying MS 50 bux a year just to play games online. Then they charge for all these little themes, pictures, maps, content etc..... Then above all, if I want to download lets say "The Colbert Report" episode from last week, they charge for that too!!!! What gives?????? Every little thing they put on there you have to pay for it. I wouldnt be surprised if before to long they start charging to watch the trailers on marketplace!! Lets see: 50$ XBL 1 year

400$ 360

60$ per game

60$ for internet connection a month

$$$ for power, varys so much who knows a month

It takes one hell of an investment just to be able to play games online!!

joejoe160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 joejoe160
Member since 2004 • 745 Posts
Paying for live is no issue to you and no issue to me. It is the best service out there. Now - paying for downloadable content SHOULD be expected and fine. Some content becomes free over time, so if you can't wait for it then buy it, otherwise to bad. Halo 2 maps always costs money on the old Xbox when they first came out. If you didn't have live and you wanted to purchase a retro arcade game on disc to play on the 360 you would have to pay for it at a store. Either way you would have to pay for it, so paying for it on live is cool.
joejoe160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 joejoe160

i totally agree wit u its a shame that u haffta pay for maps for games wen u already payed 60 dollars for the game itself. vin360
You people kill me with this crap. First off when you paid $60 for the game - you paid for that product at that time. The developer later says hey let's make some more content and push it out on the market and everyone seems to think it should be free.... It shouldn't - they are a business and in business to make money. Microsoft is in business to make money as well. So you have options to pay for live or not and you also have options to purchase additional content or not.

Its like you just bought a new car and expect the dealership to change your oil for free for ever because you bought a car from their lot. blah blah blah - Live and optional downloadable content just makes sense to me... Also, please don't complain about paying $50 a year for a top notch online service. Its less than $5 a month and this service blows the doors off of Sony and Nintendo.

rls822

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rls822
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
half those arcade games you can find on regular websites and play the hole game for free and there chargin ten bucks a pop
joejoe160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 joejoe160

For the most part the arcade games have been touched up a bit, some have been worked to allow co-op over live and so on. In the end, if you are to cheap to pay the money and think it should be free then you just don't need to buy it. In addition Microsoft has to pay for a license for these games, just as the website you are talking about should have to. If the website has to pay for the license then you should have to pay for access to these games...I could keep on going, but in order to keep it short - don't buy it if you don't have the money or feel its a rip off. Many others will buy it because they realize the value in it.

rls822

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rls822
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
hmmmmm joe joe that doesnt sound like a gamer talking at all. microsoft is a business and yes they want to make money, but taxing things that publishers want to give away for freeis not the way. and wut is this live is top notch. wut does it do for me besides give me a friends list. AIM has been doing that for free for years. if they relle wanted to do something. they should constantly be having tournaments and giveaways, not just telling a bunch of people to play a certain game one day and call that a world wide amazing gameday tournament. So in closing joe joe go put ur suit back on and go work for microsoft because u obviously dont belong here
DarthMalak98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DarthMalak98
Member since 2004 • 120 Posts
i completely agree 100%
venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 venomdeo
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts
Thats the nature of the beast deal with it.
Scalemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Scalemaster
Member since 2003 • 149 Posts
I agree with JoeJoe in that Microsoft is a business and it needs to make money. Charging for extra content is nothing new as pc games have been doing this for years. $50 a year is a reasonable fee considering that Xboxlive is the best online experience that you can have on a console. It equals to a little over $4.16 a month if you buy a years subscription. As far as content pricing goes I think is should be up to the developer to determine whether to charge for extracontent or not. What I will disagree with is the amount that they should charge for the game and the extra content. The best way to show the profits accrued by the game manufacturers is to use some common business knowledge and some simple math. Lets assume a game sells 100,000 copies. This is actually quite a low number and many major studios would not make a sequel off such low sales. The game itself costs $60. Anyone who has any business knowledge knows that the amount of markup at retail depends on the industry. Assuming a below average markup of 30% leaves a $60 game$42 at cost with a profit of $18. $18 multiplied by 100,000 equals in $1,800,000 in profit. Whether or not the game studio is making all the profit is debatable but it is a fact that as long as overhead costs such as accounts payable don't become too inflated, the game companies will make a profit.What is boils down tois the stupid consumer. If nobody or very few people bought games or the contenton the xbox marketplace then the prices would be considerably lower, possibly free,or the content would benonexistent. You are complaining that the prices are outrageousand you have a right to do so but most of you are still probably buying full priced games fairly often(more than 2 full priced games a month)and are gobbling upa ll that microsoft and the game companies throw at you. You don't need this content to play so if you don't like spending the money then don't. It is as simple as that.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Microsoft doesn't give it's users enough free stuff on Xbox Live marketplace, at least lower the price on some of these map packs and arcade games...they always put a trailer up and expect us to be satisfied with a boring trailer..heck put some free stuff up we already pay enough to be a gamer.