prepwned pro 20gb or arcade with perfect dark zero and crackdown

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for 360forlifeagain
360forlifeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 360forlifeagain
Member since 2009 • 178 Posts
ok so here in australia the cheapest price for any 360 atm is $245(australian) for an arcade and those 2 games or i can get a preowned 20gb for the same price. problem with the arcade is that i wont be getting a hd for it anytime soon but i wont be going online or downloading anything for a good while so.... how big are game saves etc or should i just go for the preowned pro.....
Imm0ral_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Imm0ral_Knight
Member since 2009 • 261 Posts
You can go with the preowned pro, or just get the elite with the 120gb HD.
360forlifeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 360forlifeagain
You can go with the preowned pro, or just get the elite with the 120gb HD. Imm0ral_Knight
if i had the moneys i would why do you think im going so cheap :P
skanjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 skanjos
Member since 2006 • 647 Posts

not the answer he was looking for i think.

i am in the same dilema myself arcade or the 20giga .i will go with arcade (keep in mind that future games may require hardisk for full package "forza 3")

i chose the arcade cause its much more cheaper than the 20giga and you have better chance for a jasper model.

360forlifeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 360forlifeagain

not the answer he was looking for i think.

i am in the same dilema myself arcade or the 20giga .i will go with arcade (keep in mind that future games may require hardisk for full package "forza 3")

i chose the arcade cause its much more cheaper than the 20giga and you have better chance for a jasper model.

skanjos
thanks for a proper answer :P oh yeah i forgot about jasper! but im just worried bout saving games... does that take up too much space or what and i also heard about this new dashboard that took up all of the 256......ill be getting a hd soon but with getting a 360 and i just remembered i have to get plug and play i wont have much moneys and those 2 games would be good to have instead of going all the way to the video shop to rent
Sassy-Cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 Sassy-Cc
Member since 2008 • 176 Posts

I got my elite about three weeks ago and I have already used up 50gb ~ If you are going to download your games to the harddrive and download music and movies (in my case anime) then you need a lot more than 20gb ~ If you are only going to use it for saving games you should be fine ~

360forlifeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 360forlifeagain

I got my elite about three weeks ago and I have already used up 50gb ~ If you are going to download your games to the harddrive and download music and movies (in my case anime) then you need a lot more than 20gb ~ If you are only going to use it for saving games you should be fine ~

Sassy-Cc
fine with 20gb or arcade?
Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vashn
Member since 2008 • 1416 Posts

buying arcades in hope of getting a jasper is stupid, really. How much is the price difference between the preowned 20g and the arcade? cuz arcades don't come with hard drives so you'll need to buy a seperate one.

Editing: I have a pro 20g from launch and its only failed me once, sent it in and got it back no week and half or so later. I still have 5gb and i have all saves and dlc for my games, and i can install one game at a time, its really a non issue if you're not blatantly wastefull with your hard drive space.

360forlifeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 360forlifeagain

buying arcades in hope of getting a jasper is stupid, really. How much is the price difference between the preowned 20g and the arcade? cuz arcades don't come with hard drives so you'll need to buy a seperate one.

Editing: I have a pro 20g from launch and its only failed me once, sent it in and got it back no week and half or so later. I still have 5gb and i have all saves and dlc for my games, and i can install one game at a time, its really a non issue if you're not blatantly wastefull with your hard drive space.

Vashn
arcades come with 256mb flash and im considering the arcade due to the 2 games that come with it plus as i said all ill be doing is game saving NO downloading and no online yet. how many mb do saves take up? the pro 2nd hand and arcade and the 2 games = same price
Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vashn
Member since 2008 • 1416 Posts

[QUOTE="Vashn"]

360forlifeagain

arcades come with 256mb flash and im considering the arcade due to the 2 games that come with it plus as i said all ill be doing is game saving NO downloading and no online yet. how many mb do saves take up? the pro 2nd hand and arcade and the 2 games = same price

I'd go with arcade i guess..cuz i have a feeling that pro has had a beating over the years

daredevil9313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 daredevil9313
Member since 2005 • 42 Posts

Go with the arcade, and then take a look on ebay and buy a 20Gb HD for 15 or so.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
u need a hard drive i think
ZacharyT1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ZacharyT1
Member since 2003 • 529 Posts

The 256mb built in memory on the arcade model is plenty of space if only being used for gamesaves.

360forlifeagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 360forlifeagain

The 256mb built in memory on the arcade model is plenty of space if only being used for gamesaves.

ZacharyT1
thankyou for the reply i was waiting to hear!
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
New Arcade 360s come with 256mb of internal storage, BUT as soon as you connect online you will be required to take the NXE update which takes up 128mb - instantly losing half your storage. Older model Arcade units also came with 256 mb of storage, but this was a removable memory unit that plugs in the front of the console. While the Arcade comes with PDZ and Crackdown (both good fun games) they are both very old games for the 360 - there are loads floating around in bargain bins in any gaming store, and you will be able to pick them up for next to nothing. Not sure about Australian prices, but in the UK where a new game costs 40 pounds, you can find PDZ or Crackdown used for 5 pounds easily. The amount of space taken up by save files varies a lot. Some games can make several saves use less than 1mb, others like The Orange Box can take up 80mb for the full game, and when you only have 128mb of usable space that takes up a lot of it. At some point you WILL want a harddrive, so it is a good idea to get one from the start. Also ask about what cables each model comes with. Not sure about preowned, but I thought that Arcade models only come with composite cables - so won't be able to show HD without buying another cable. The system itself is the same as any other 360 model, its just the cables it comes with. When it comes to 360 hardware you really are better off buying a new unit rather than preowned. Newer models have more updates to their hardware, and are less likely to fail. The standard manufacturers warranty is one year for everything, and 3 years for RROD and E74 error, but those warranties start from when the console was first bought, not when you bought it preowned. When you get a preowned console it could already be out of all warranty, or you might get lucky with a recent one
GAMESHARQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GAMESHARQ
Member since 2008 • 5988 Posts
Prepwned?