POST HERE if youre MAD about DLC!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sammyt555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sammyt555
Member since 2008 • 220 Posts

I'm PO'd at overprices DLC and HAVING TO PAY FOR MAPS!!!! outrageous! my friend used to make amazing counter-strike maps FOR FUN. Im sick of shelling out money to xbox. The console was expensive as hell, and with the games going for SIXTY DOLLARS EACH, developers should be THROWING more content at us. NOT making us pay for lousy stuff.

POST HERE IF YOU ARE ANGRY!!!!

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Can we post here if we don't care? I only purchase dlc if it is worth it to me.

Avatar image for TheActionFigure
TheActionFigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheActionFigure
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts

You can be mad all you want, but DLC is here to stay.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
I still prefer a physical copy.
STARXWOLF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 STARXWOLF
Member since 2009 • 758 Posts

I'm PO'd at overprices DLC and HAVING TO PAY FOR MAPS!!!! outrageous! my friend used to make amazing counter-strike maps FOR FUN. Im sick of shelling out money to xbox. The console was expensive as hell, and with the games going for SIXTY DOLLARS EACH, developers should be THROWING more content at us. NOT making us pay for lousy stuff.

sammyt555

ummm...ur forgeting it takes time to make the DLC and u only have to buy DLC if u really want to and u think its worth it...sooo its pretty much ur fault.

fighter91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 fighter91
Member since 2005 • 1293 Posts

[QUOTE="sammyt555"]

STARXWOLF

ummm...ur forgeting it takes time to make the DLC and u only have to buy DLC if u really want to and u think its worth it...sooo its pretty much ur fault.

he has a point. there are hundreds of free maps for games such as counter strike: source and thousands more in cs. 1.6. not only that but what do you say about free mods to a game which totally convert a game to something new for absolutely free? Sorry, but paying approximately 10 bucks for about 4 maps is a complete joke...
Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts

craigalan23

agreed.

INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts

sammyt555

I agree. I know it costs money to make maps but ten dollars for 3 maps is ridiculous. I bet with how many people buy these map packs they make tons of profit. They should start making games with real map builders, not just map editors like Forge.

Shidira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Shidira
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts

It's not as bad as you may think it to be. First, no one is making you purchase the DLC. Second, they're only worth it if you're a hardcore multiplayer-type of person or a super achievement/trophy person. I'm not, so it doesn't affect me. There are demo versions of all games and such (excluding maps and add-ons) that a person can download and try. If it's worth the price, buy it. If not, don't buy it, simple as that. I believe some games and DLC such as the add-ons for Fallout 3 are completely worth the price.

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts

craigalan23
i agree, still theres some dlc i would like to get but no way im paying for it, but i just dont complain, simple. When theres nothing you can do, just give it a rest.
INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts

It's not as bad as you may think it to be. First, no one is making you purchase the DLC. Second, they're only worth it if you're a hardcore multiplayer-type of person or a super achievement/trophy person. I'm not, so it doesn't affect me. There are demo versions of all games and such (excluding maps and add-ons) that a person can download and try. If it's worth the price, buy it. If not, don't buy it, simple as that. I believe some games and DLC such as the add-ons for Fallout 3 are completely worth the price.

Shidira

I'm a 'super achievement person' lol. It mainly bothers me on games like Halo where you need the DLC to play any of the good matchmaking playlists. No, nobody is making me buy anything, but I'm locked out of a fairly large part of the game if I don't pay up.

LittleToejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LittleToejam
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts

i cant play fable 2 with someone who has the "see the future'' dlc, so there pretty much forcing you to buy it..

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11995 Posts

If by mad you mean happy that I don't have to pay for full game sequels, just downloads, then yes I am mad.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#14 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

evelopers should be THROWING more content at us. NOT making us pay for lousy stuff.sammyt555
Op, wheres the logic in that? Thats like buying a loaf of bread and being angry that the grocery store didn't give you free cheese with it. I'll agree that most DLC is a bit over priced, but then again you don't need DLC. So just don't buy it if you think it's over priced. You can enjoy your bread with out the cheese.

Yes people, DLC can be expensive. Your no more clever for pointing it out than the other ten guys who threw a fit after the Halo Wars DLC.

Donstantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Donstantine
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
if its worth it ill buy it. i always check this site and ign for a review of it before i make the purchase. personally im all for DLC its just that the developers need to make it worth it. if your worried about the price of it then get yourself a better job to pay for it, if you dont have a job then quit complaining cause if you did then it wouldnt be that big a deal for you.
Lythiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lythiris
Member since 2008 • 204 Posts

i cant play fable 2 with someone who has the "see the future'' dlc, so there pretty much forcing you to buy it..

LittleToejam

You can, you just have to download the free version of it, and you even get some free stuff out of that. Not that you'd want to co-op in Fable 2.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
[QUOTE="sammyt555"]

well im angry i cant just download everything for free including movies and games on consoles like the pc as well. get used to it do you expect everything to be free?? all your counterstrike maps are only really free because their home made content, same with most home made mods and maps for pc games. how could they charge you money for stuff other people made and have already made available to the masses for free pcs and consoles are two different entities. one is open to all options, the other is a closed market
Tom_delonge555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tom_delonge555
Member since 2005 • 414 Posts
[QUOTE="djrobst"][QUOTE="sammyt555"]

well im angry i cant just download everything for free including movies and games on consoles like the pc as well. get used to it do you expect everything to be free?? all your counterstrike maps are only really free because their home made content, same with most home made mods and maps for pc games. how could they charge you money for stuff other people made and have already made available to the masses for free pcs and consoles are two different entities. one is open to all options, the other is a closed market

Well said.
Shidira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shidira
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts

[QUOTE="Shidira"]

INF1DEL

I'm a 'super achievement person' lol. It mainly bothers me on games like Halo where you need the DLC to play any of the good matchmaking playlists. No, nobody is making me buy anything, but I'm locked out of a fairly large part of the game if I don't pay up.

I don't think there's really too much that you're completely locked out of if you don't buy the DLC. If you choose to be an achievement/multiplayer person, than sadly, this is the price you pay. I'm not trying to say that to be a jerk, but unless you pay the price for it, you can't access it. I do agree it's all way overpriced and it all needs to be dropped at least a few hundred points, but lets face it, the gaming market is bound by a monopoly and there's nothing people can do other than a worldwide campaign to not buy DLC, but who's going to do that?

anomalous_egad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 anomalous_egad
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts
[QUOTE="STARXWOLF"]

[QUOTE="sammyt555"]

fighter91

he has a point. there are hundreds of free maps for games such as counter strike: source and thousands more in cs. 1.6. not only that but what do you say about free mods to a game which totally convert a game to something new for absolutely free? Sorry, but paying approximately 10 bucks for about 4 maps is a complete joke...

I concur! After playing PC games for years and years and only having gotten back into console gaming in the past year or so with the advent of the 360, i must say it is rediculous seeing all the over priced DLC being feed to us. You're getting 1/4 of what you'd get on PC for free, for a premium price. There's no excuse for it! All the people constantly defending this practise are clueless. Game producers used to add new content all the time for free because they wanted to continue supprting their product well after its initial release to keep people playing their game. Now it seems the opposite, they're happy to alienate users in exchange for more profits, whether they be big or small, more money is the choice of the day. Don't get me wrong, i'm not opposed to game makers getting more money for putting in the effort and turning out large expansions to an existing game, ie GTA IV Lost and Damned or Fallout 3: Broken Steel, but these bs map packs with 3 or 4 maps at a time, which when added together, end up costing close to 2/3 of the original price you paid for the game are a total rip off! Unfortunately it doesn't seem like a practice that will end anytime soon, in fact it is likely just to get worse and worse now that they've worked out how much people are willing to pay for so little (themes and gamer pictures anyone?). Not to mention the fact that MS happily charges us a subscription fee simply to be able to connect to other users and play multiplayer games online, yet doesn't provide dedicated servers for games that desperately need them, doesn't provide the actual connection to Live, in fact doesn't seem to do anything with that subscription fee except further line their bloated pockets!
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

craigalan23
I don't buy stuff I don't want either
Tom_delonge555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tom_delonge555
[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

SoAmazingBaby
I don't buy stuff I don't want either

Me neither. If I pay for it, it means I value it.
nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 nelfer320
Member since 2004 • 2867 Posts
U don't have to download them!!! They are OPTIONAL!
Tom_delonge555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tom_delonge555
U don't have to download them!!! They are OPTIONAL!nelfer320
Exactly, lol.
xscott1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xscott1018
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts
yes, i'm mad about the content. the last thing that i bought was call of duty 4 map pack. the content for them are overpriced. PC we get those kinds of things for free. there are also better mods on the PC. things should start being free on 360. microsoft just wants money from people.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#26 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts

STARXWOLF
Except you're conveniently forgetting the newest gripe regarding DLC... namely, when a game gets updated/patched to *REQUIRE* the installation of said DLC in order to be able to play with anyone. There were quite a few games that I used to enjoy that I no longer own because of this frustration. Even if I don't necessarily care for the add-on content, they (either Microsoft or the game publishers) then make it so that you HAVE to buy the add-on content in order to play online AT ALL, and thus forcing people to pay extra to get the game they should have had in the first place. Whereas in my case, if a game suddenly required me to pay extra for DLC in order to play it online (or at all), that just makes me want to get rid of the game altogether.
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

[QUOTE="sammyt555"]evelopers should be THROWING more content at us. NOT making us pay for lousy stuff.vashkey

Op, wheres the logic in that? Thats like buying a loaf of bread and being angry that the grocery store didn't give you free cheese with it. I'll agree that most DLC is a bit over priced, but then again you don't need DLC. So just don't buy it if you think it's over priced. You can enjoy your bread with out the cheese.

Yes people, DLC can be expensive. Your no more clever for pointing it out than the other ten guys who threw a fit after the Halo Wars DLC.

No, it's more like buying a loaf of bread for $20 and then getting it home and finding that 5 slices are missing from that loaf of bread, then getting a message saying that for a extra $4 you can just BUY the 5 slices of missing bread, and then, when you point out that 5 slices of bread is not worth $4 for something that should have been there in the first place, having a bunch of wonderbread fanboys telling you "OMGZ $4 I NOT EXPENSIVE GET A BETTUR JOB IF U CAN'T PAY $4 FOR 5 SLICES OF BRED!! I JUS GET TEH MONNEEZ FROM MY MOM NEWAYS LOL!"

Now there's an analogy that works.

shaddix55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 shaddix55
Member since 2003 • 1242 Posts
paying for DLC is what keeps the devs in business bro.