Possibly thinking about getting a 360.......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by philsphan123 (687 posts) -
I was looking at the 360's available and I was wondering.......whats the catch on the Arcade system? I was just thinking about just skipping the cheaper ones and going straight for the Elite system.
#2 Posted by ramulux (2253 posts) -
it doesnt have a hard drive, only a memory card
#3 Posted by Infinite-Zr0 (13284 posts) -
I think the lack of a hardrive is detrimental
#4 Posted by grvr316 (679 posts) -
Go for the Elite if thats what you can afford.
#5 Posted by philsphan123 (687 posts) -
Ok thanks! I'll probably just go for the Elite.....the Pro system doesn't have an HDMI Port right?
#6 Posted by jlm13 (762 posts) -
Ok thanks! I'll probably just go for the Elite.....the Pro system doesn't have an HDMI Port right?philsphan123
All 360 systems have hdmi slots but the Elite comes with a hdmi cable.
#7 Posted by MattVans (1080 posts) -

You said that you where "possibly thinking about getting a 360". Does that mean that you haven't yet actually started thinking about wether you want one yet???

Only joking mate... Anyway, I have all 3 consoles and i'm on my 360 almost every night. Online is great. Definately go for the Elite. I had a the 20gb one on launch but sold it when the Elite came out. PS3 I use once in a blue moon and the Wii even less. Xbox Live is so much better than the PS3 online (which I hate as it's so basic).

To sum it up... If you want a console, 360 every time!

#8 Posted by Infinite-Zr0 (13284 posts) -

If you're planning on just downloading demos and game trailers, get the Pro system.

If you plan on downloading movies and Xbox games then get the Elite.

You can get a HDMI cable for cheap on newegg

#9 Posted by agentluap (2254 posts) -
I'd go for the elite, skip the arcade machine as you dont get hard drive and its essential really to have on
#10 Posted by ethanpaige (13100 posts) -
Yeah definitely go for the elite
#11 Posted by iam2green (13991 posts) -

only thing is realy different is that it doesn't have a hard drive only comes with a memory card that can't realy hold anything.. i have a pro it is good. get the elite if u want it black and has 120gig

#12 Posted by thegame1980 (2194 posts) -

You said that you where "possibly thinking about getting a 360". Does that mean that you haven't yet actually started thinking about wether you want one yet???

Only joking mate... Anyway, I have all 3 consoles and i'm on my 360 almost every night. Online is great. Definately go for the Elite. I had a the 20gb one on launch but sold it when the Elite came out. PS3 I use once in a blue moon and the Wii even less. Xbox Live is so much better than the PS3 online (which I hate as it's so basic).

MattVans

Could not have summed it up any better. I'm in the EXACT same stance as you are.

#13 Posted by MattVans (1080 posts) -
[QUOTE="MattVans"]

thegame1980

Could not have summed it up any better. I'm in the EXACT same stance as you are.

He he! I just replied to u on my blog, lmao!

#14 Posted by CodingGenius (8118 posts) -
To determine the difference between the type of 360s, please use the Recommendation thread. To discuss different platforms, please use the System Wars forum. Thanks!