Poll: Are You Going to Check Out Rare Replay?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 gamespot
Member since 2003 • 901308 Posts

Have an itch to experience some good ol nostalgia? Well, you're in luck. Rare Replay launches on August 4th for Xbox One and will be offering 30 games for you to play. How much is this massive chunk of gaming history? Only $30.

We gave it an 8/10 saying that it's a great way to experience some of the best games from Rare's past. With the documentaries being icing on the historical cake (here's our full review). Many others seem to be enjoying the game as well. But is that enough to convince you?

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

I sure am, got it pre-ordered last week. I am looking forward to playing Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts again as well as trying other games I have not played before (such as Conker, Blast Corps, Battletoads, etc).

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Is this a rhetorical question?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#4  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

What's an XBOX?

But no, I don't own one so I guess I won't be trying Rare Replay.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#5 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

My copy arrives tomorrow. Finally I'll get to play Perfect Dark again. Been far too long.

Turtlebird760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Turtlebird760
Member since 2015 • 27 Posts

Battletoads!!!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

Already got the digital version and will be playing tonight :-)

@Korvus Sucks to be U.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#8  Edited By doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

I tried like 50% of the games beforehand

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I'm a longtime collector, so I already own most of these RARE already, but I may pick up a copy of this for $20 or less on my Xbone down the road to get BT Arcade.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#10 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@davillain-: Nah, I'm good, thanks =) Already have more games than I have time for; I have no need to replay old ones.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#11 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Sorry,I don't want to play games I played 10-20-30 years ago.At least Rare could have done was to give it a major graphic boost or taken a few of those classic games and made sequels to them.

Very disappointed in Rare after E3.

SuperShrooms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SuperShrooms
Member since 2015 • 24 Posts

I've had it since Friday. The oldest 10 games are all pretty bad but then you got battle toads, Conker, Banjo and some Goulies game I think was a Xbox Original? Then a bunch of 360 games. Worth £17.

agrippi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 agrippi
Member since 2003 • 1195 Posts

Honestly, the main reason I got it was due to the E3 pre-order deal (get $10 of store credit when you pre-order). Figured this game was a steal at $20 and I can always sell it once I get to experience everything I want to try out. I'm most interested in replaying RC Pro-AM and then trying out some of the 360 games that I missed. Wish all of the developer videos were unlocked, as this is a pretty intriguing aspect of the disc....I just know I won't play it enough to see it all. Guess I'll head to the interwebs.

centrifugal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 centrifugal
Member since 2015 • 104 Posts

@supershrooms: They seriously put Battletoads on there?

SuperShrooms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SuperShrooms
Member since 2015 • 24 Posts

@centrifugal: Yep. They have two Battle Toads games. Some old one and Battle Toads Arcade.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Yep. This purchase is a no-brainer.

@brimmul777 said:

Sorry,I don't want to play games I played 10-20-30 years ago.At least Rare could have done was to give it a major graphic boost or taken a few of those classic games and made sequels to them.

Very disappointed in Rare after E3.

They're making Sea of Thieves. I'll take a new IP over a sequel any day.

If they took the time to give a major graphic boost to 30 games, they'd never have the time to make a new one.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Alucard_Prime

Oh wow been playing it for 5 min.....you guys are in for a treat, they did a great job with the menus and overall presentation.....just going through the list and seeing RCProAm, CobraTriangle......such nostalgia

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

Easy pass for me. Too big backlog

Xanatos357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#19 Xanatos357
Member since 2015 • 787 Posts

Who wouldn't

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 Xisiuizado
Member since 2014 • 592 Posts

Yes, although it would be nice to get the same discount for digital pre orders as the Microsoft store's pre order discounts.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#21 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

I bought it, I never played any of Rareware's games other than Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct, Jet Force Gemi, Battletoads. So it's nice to have 30 games that cover Rare's history from the early years to the present. It's really good, Rare went all out to do justice rather than just dump the games into the disc. I like the behind the scenes and interviews.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Don't have a Bone yet, but I would imagine I will be getting one at some point in the future. Will be buying the Replay when i do.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

No excuse not to pick this up, can't wait to play some classics.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Alucard_Prime

@BattleSpectre: I'm loving it, although I will say there is a lot of nostalgia in there. So your experience with this collection will obviously also be influenced by your past experiences. I'm really digging the 2D/sprite based games, graphically speaking imo they hold up better than 3D games, but that's just my preference.

I like how they included a meta-game of sorts within the game itself. So as you play different titles you will unlock extra content in the form of behind the scenes interviews with Rare staff. The package is almost like a history lesson on games. "Edutainment " ....if someone in your household criticises you're playing the game too much, just say you're getting an education lol.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

@BattleSpectre: I'm loving it, although I will say there is a lot of nostalgia in there. So your experience with this collection will obviously also be influenced by your past experiences. I'm really digging the 2D/sprite based games, graphically speaking imo they hold up better than 3D games, but that's just my preference.

I like how they included a meta-game of sorts within the game itself. So as you play different titles you will unlock extra content in the form of behind the scenes interviews with Rare staff. The package is almost like a history lesson on games. "Edutainment " ....if someone in your household criticises you're playing the game too much, just say you're getting an education lol.

Yeah I agree... as someone who's first Rare game was Viva Pinata, I haven't got that nostalgia. And having played a few of the games over the past couple of days, some of them haven't aged well IMO and can become frustrating. But still I'm enjoying it. The Banjo games are cool.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

:

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

Yeah I agree... as someone who's first Rare game was Viva Pinata, I haven't got that nostalgia. And having played a few of the games over the past couple of days, some of them haven't aged well IMO and can become frustrating. But still I'm enjoying it. The Banjo games are cool.

Same here guys I'm a bit too young to feel the nostalgia, but I have heard nothing but great things about these games and how they shaped up the gaming world. I especially can't wait to finish Conker (played it on the original Xbox but never finished it).

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No I have no interest in these retro games.