Plz talk me into buying a xbox 360 elite??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thepinkzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 thepinkzee
Member since 2007 • 206 Posts

Every time i say im getting a xbox 360 a few hours later i switch to ps3 because of warhawk and lair and ninja gaiden also the controller because i love the sixaxis control then i swithch back to 360 plz talk me into buying a 360 and have some good reasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kcm_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kcm_117
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts
why not make an attempt at being an informed consumer and research each system yourself to see what is right for you?
joey101010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 joey101010
Member since 2003 • 7521 Posts
If you want a PS3, get a PS3. :|
Army_Veteran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Army_Veteran
Member since 2006 • 1201 Posts
You have to make this decision on your own. if you want a 360 but it, if you don't, then don't buy it. To me it was worth it to buy all 3 systems.
Avatar image for jeff16950_demon
jeff16950_demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 jeff16950_demon
Member since 2003 • 1240 Posts
Why be a puppet to other people's opinions?
Do the research, find out what you want, and don't buy anything based on other peoples opinions.
Too many topics like these really drag down the forums.
Jelle87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jelle87
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts
I don't see the point of getting the elite, premium will do. Just make sure you have a new built one so they have improved weldings. If you don't like the 360 exclusives don't get one. If you do like them, get one. Besides, I personally hate the sony controllers with a passion because they cramp up my hands.
nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

Think

For

Yourself

Avatar image for deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
deactivated-5f89ab8e63049

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5f89ab8e63049
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts
You've created a similar thread on the PS3 forums aswell? If you're stuck for a decision, flip a coin.
kreestoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kreestoph
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
why wouldnt they put hd-dvd in the elite? 
why micro$oft? 
NYBoricua33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NYBoricua33
Member since 2007 • 200 Posts

I have the same problem, I bought my 360 and regret cause despite what anyone says, the games just dont appeal to me. I listened to everyone else's opinions. So just go with your gut feeling which is getting a PS3.

PS: If your not happy with it then we can trade.

tiprun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tiprun
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
Flip a coin and if you don't like the result, you know what you want.
thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 thekey
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

I have the same problem, I bought my 360 and regret cause despite what anyone says, the games just dont appeal to me. I listened to everyone else's opinions. So just go with your gut feeling which is getting a PS3.

NYBoricua33
I don't see how a PS3's gamming line up looks any better, it doesn't exsist.
thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 thekey
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

Every time i say im getting a xbox 360 a few hours later i switch to ps3 because of warhawk and lair and ninja gaiden also the controller because i love the sixaxis control then i swithch back to 360 plz talk me into buying a 360 and have some good reasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thepinkzee

Get a 360 simply because of one word......

GAMES! 360 has great games to choose from and many of them in there library. Just go with the what ever you want. Do your own research and pick which one you want. (I KNOW YOUR A SONY TROLL SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO WITH THE BS3.)

Mr_Dunce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mr_Dunce
Member since 2006 • 280 Posts

i understand wat people our saying and this should be ur descision cause its a lot money were talking about.

wat i will say is this, the reason i got a 360 is tht i prefer the gaming line up most decent games tht the ps3 were gonna get our also comming to the 360 nd the 360 has its own really gd exclusives. now there our even RUMOURS (nd thats all so dnt give me grief if it doesent) about metal gear solid coming to the 360

NYBoricua33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NYBoricua33
[QUOTE="NYBoricua33"]

thekey

I don't see how a PS3's gamming line up looks any better, it doesn't exsist.

Now please tell me where I said PS3's lineup was better.

myrtlebeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 myrtlebeach
Member since 2005 • 590 Posts
for one, 360 is what? at most 500 dollars, and the PS3 is i think 700, and the fact that you can only play a game on your console and not take it to a friends house and play on his is one of the most ridiculus things ever, any way, sony sucks
ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts

thepinkzee

GAMES!!! Somewhere between Halo3, Mass Effect, Fable 2 and others the PS3 became useless to me.

mani111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mani111
Member since 2007 • 140 Posts

Wait for the 360's price drop before the holidays rumured to be 100 dollars then see if the ps3 follows. Also wait to see if the

ps3 keeps losing exclusives and pushing back all they're big games. I'm willing to bet around christmas time you'll see that the 360 is probably gonna be the best choice imo.

-F34R-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -F34R-
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts

If you're going to buy a 360 for the first time, the Elite is definitely worth the money IF:

1. you have a tv, or will have in the extremely near future, that has an HDMI input.

2. you need the 120GB storage space.

3. you want the charcoal case, W/O having to buy a seperate case and install everything.

Those are the only three reasons that I can possibly think of that you would want an Elite over a premium. I have the Elite, but I didn't have to pay for it. It was a gift from a friend that went to Iraq. If I WOULD have had to make the choice, I would have went with the Elite..

Bruce_McGivern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bruce_McGivern
Member since 2003 • 1667 Posts

why wouldnt they put hd-dvd in the elite?
why micro$oft? kreestoph

Because they are being smart! They aren't commiting to either Side of the Format war! Why put a HD-DVD player of Blu-Ray player in your console if it has the possibility of FAILING? That would be losing a whooooole lot of money. Not only for the company but for the consumer as well. If I were to get a PS3 now and Blu-Ray ends up losing... then I have a 600 dollar console that runs on a dead Format. Or if they Xbox 360 DID have HD-DVD and HD- DVD loses... thenI just have an Xbox 360 with a built in HD-DVD player that is now useless. I would have just lost quite abit of money in EITHER investment.

MuscleCarMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#21 MuscleCarMan
Member since 2004 • 796 Posts
check out the lineups for both systems and see what you like the most and how much youre willing to spend. I own a 360 and hate ps3 but youre not me so just research it.
kreestoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kreestoph
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
then why try to associate hd dvd with 360 in the first place,
rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

I have all three consoles and if i could only have one it would be a 360, it's not a hard decision just looks at all the games available for it.

creekfan_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 creekfan_basic
Member since 2002 • 2539 Posts

thepinkzee

Get both, that way you will have a nice HD movie player and a gaming machine :)

qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
get a ps3 i dont need anymore stupid people on live.
Bruce_McGivern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bruce_McGivern
Member since 2003 • 1667 Posts

Because Microsoft unofficially supports it. The problem is they don't want to be caught with12 million units that runs a loser format. You see... the thing is. If you put out an HD-DVD Attachement You lose the risk of having 12 million dud units. You don't have to say "Well... Now we're gonna start making 360's using Blu-Ray Drives and gonna leave you 12 million gamers in the rain! SORRY!" It's either that or lose several million dollars by doing a 12 million console recall and installing a new Blu Ray Drive.

Not to mention it's cheaper to just put out a console with basic DVD. If we got an Xbox 360 with an HD-DVD player it would cost as much as a PS3. Instead of forcing the HD-DVD player on people... the offer them the option. Just like with the Core , The Premium, and The Elite.

anyways. What's your Signature from?

dazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dazi
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

a) this topic really belongs over in system forums

b) if you really need reasons, heres some very compelling ones: Bioshock, Mass Effect, Halo 3.

See you in October.

acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 acidic_dude
Member since 2003 • 1713 Posts

Dude its black!!!!!

Avatar image for JohnnytheFuture
JohnnytheFuture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JohnnytheFuture
Member since 2004 • 117 Posts
We are, for the most part, biased here on the X360 forums. So, we'll talk you into buying an X360, and the PS3 guys will talk you into buying a PS3. Lair, what is that? A dragon fighting game? Why don't the make it awesome to the max and add in Pirates, ninjas, vampires, and super zombies?!?!?!
F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 F1sTDaCuffS
Member since 2005 • 2570 Posts

thepinkzee

i own both, let me save you a nightmare mistake. 1st psn is free online, as the old saying goes you get what you pay for NOTHING. and believe me you'll be sorry. second the community on xboxlive is great you can talk to people while playing other games. you dont even get a head set with ps3. you need blue tooth thats 50 bucks. more for a headset. 3rd.theres no one online for ps3 its a ghost town. 4th, if your going to spend ps3 money get an elite. you'll be better off. other then that. ps3 is dead for this year and maybe the next half of 2008. its horrible. i have'nt played but maybe 40 hours on my ps3 for the last 6 months.,

Rafinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rafinator
Member since 2003 • 1063 Posts

lol asking people to make the decision for you is a bad idea. just cuz other people think that one system is better than the other doesn't mean it's the bestsystem for you. it all depends on what you like. someone might say that ps3 is better because of Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance, and Gran Turismo 5 and another person might say that X360 is better cuz of Gears of War, Halo 3, and Forza Motorsport 2, when in fact you personally mighthate all of those games! You have to decide for youself which system has the better games. Games are the first step that you have to take into consideration. and there are lots of good games that are on both systems, like Oblivion, Rainbow Six Vegas, GTA IV, and Assassins Creed. (those games are not taken into consideration cuz they are available on both systems, so either system you choose you will be able to get them). Once youmake a list ofyour personal favorite games on each system, next consider the options each system has out of the box. PS3 has blu-ray built in and free online - however it is more expensive for the system ($600 - there's only one model of the ps3 now). X360 can get high-def play back for the $200 add-on and online is $50 a year - however it is cheaper for the system (. so in terms of cost you should say: do I want high-def movieplay-back? do i want online gaming? those are decisions you have to make on your own. You should also consider backwards compatibility - PS3 is compatible with 97% of all PS1 and PS2 games. X360 is compatible with about 40-50% of Xbox 1 games. but those numbers shouldn't matter to you if you don't care about playing older games. Just sit down and consider everything that each system has to offer and at what price (if money isn't an issue to you than don't worry about the prices lol)

no one can say one system is better than the other - it always differs from each individual's liking. I personally have a PS3 and i'm perfectly happy withit and my friend has a X360 and he's perfectly happy with it. that's proof that no one can say one is better than the other. it depends on YOU! I hope this helps youmake your own decision.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#32 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts

No one new element/feature in the 360 Elite is worth a purchase IMO, but everything together, particularly if you don't have any Xbox 360 yet makes it the best choice if you want to get things started right.

I myself wouldn't have even bothered for one if it wasn't for my premium getting effed up and the prospect of being able to 'upgrade' to the Elite for cheap.

F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 F1sTDaCuffS
Member since 2005 • 2570 Posts

lol asking people to make the decision for you is a bad idea. just cuz other people think that one system is better than the other doesn't mean it's the bestsystem for you. it all depends on what you like. someone might say that ps3 is better because of Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance, and Gran Turismo 5 and another person might say that X360 is better cuz of Gears of War, Halo 3, and Forza Motorsport 2, when in fact you personally mighthate all of those games! You have to decide for youself which system has the better games. Games are the first step that you have to take into consideration. and there are lots of good games that are on both systems, like Oblivion, Rainbow Six Vegas, GTA IV, and Assassins Creed. (those games are not taken into consideration cuz they are available on both systems, so either system you choose you will be able to get them). Once youmake a list ofyour personal favorite games on each system, next consider the options each system has out of the box. PS3 has blu-ray built in and free online - however it is more expensive for the system ($600 - there's only one model of the ps3 now). X360 can get high-def play back for the $200 add-on and online is $50 a year - however it is cheaper for the system (. so in terms of cost you should say: do I want high-def movieplay-back? do i want online gaming? those are decisions you have to make on your own. You should also consider backwards compatibility - PS3 is compatible with 97% of all PS1 and PS2 games. X360 is compatible with about 40-50% of Xbox 1 games. but those numbers shouldn't matter to you if you don't care about playing older games. Just sit down and consider everything that each system has to offer and at what price (if money isn't an issue to you than don't worry about the prices lol)

no one can say one system is better than the other - it always differs from each individual's liking. I personally have a PS3 and i'm perfectly happy withit and my friend has a X360 and he's perfectly happy with it. that's proof that no one can say one is better than the other. it depends on YOU! I hope this helps youmake your own decision.

Rafinator

i can say which one is better i own both, its not like there twins. there is a difference ps3 sucks ass. period. and dont let no one tell you different. especially the community, you have to leave the game you read a message on ps3, on xbox your blade just slides out and you can read your message and your still in the game. how is that better then the xbox. thats just one in a trillion things better then garbage ps3, dont let someone who DOES"NT OWN BOTH HIMSELF TELL YOU ANY DIFFERENT ask and i shell tell.

emanc93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 emanc93
Member since 2005 • 216 Posts

If you like games and things that are fun, buy an X-Box 360

Avatar image for JohnnytheFuture
JohnnytheFuture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JohnnytheFuture
Member since 2004 • 117 Posts

If you like games and things that are fun, buy an X-Box 360

emanc93

^best advice ever^
NYBoricua33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NYBoricua33
[QUOTE="Rafinator"]

F1sTDaCuffS

i can say which one is better i own both, its not like there twins. there is a difference ps3 sucks ass. period. and dont let no one tell you different. especially the community, you have to leave the game you read a message on ps3, on xbox your blade just slides out and you can read your message and your still in the game. how is that better then the xbox. thats just one in a trillion things better then garbage ps3, dont let someone who DOES"NT OWN BOTH HIMSELF TELL YOU ANY DIFFERENT ask and i shell tell.

And Xbox 360is that great? Please, be serious. You guys are just sticking up for your console just like the PS3 fanboys are sticking up for their system. If you ask me both suck. This is a horrible gen for gaming. 360 is polluted with overhyped shooters and games that dont live up to the hype (ahem, Tenchu Z anyone? I'm STILL waiting 2 years into the release of the 360 to release a good exclusive. Too Human and Mass Effect are gonna be the firsts. But like the rest of the 360 exclusives, they probably wont even live up to the hype.

FusionApex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FusionApex
Member since 2006 • 1151 Posts
He did this in the PS3 asking us to convince him for a PS3. Just get a Wii.