please, honest opinion of assasins creed...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nsoufiani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 nsoufiani
Member since 2004 • 1829 Posts

Honestly, I really feel that I bought into the hype of assasins creed. Ubisoft did its job and managed to sell me their game which is average at best.

Dont get me wrong, my jaw was on the floor when i first played it. Truley breathtaking graphics. A week passed by though and I realised that I'm just repeating the same thing over and over again.

Now repetition isnt that bad really and some game disguise it really well. Assasins creed's repetitivness showed and it got boring very quickly for me. I havn't touched assasins creed in like a month. I thought about just doing my own thing and not worrying about objectives. Maybe thats how its meant to be played. that got boring for me as well. Wondering around aimlessly is not something anyone should have to do in a game. I can do that in real life and I often do in London. I just wonder around with friends, its good to get out and about and its alot more exciting than doing that in a game.

So im a victim of hype. I dont plan on finishing assasins creed anytime soon. Its just too boring for me. Among one of the most boring games I have ever played.

What is your honest opinion of this game. If you believe its good then take a breather and see if this is not you justifying your purchase. You are not alone, I payed £50 for this game and I believe it was a waste.

P.S I normally love a good story but I really couldnt care about the story in this game.

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts
So take it back to the store... I love the game... did that make a difference?
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
I think it's stupid. You're in a computer relating your "ancestors memories" or something. That's the corniest storyline ever. Not to mention it's more repetitive than runescape.
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
It's a fun game for a while. I liked it but I didn't buy it. Rental at best. Not even the achievements were able to make me play it again once I beat it..
MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts
Hmm...I never found myself "wandering aimlessly" in this game at all. Objectives, although repetitive, were given with clarity and locating them came with ease. In my opinion, this game is well worth the sixty bucks I paid for it.:P
nsoufiani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nsoufiani

So take it back to the store... I love the game... did that make a difference?Squeets

unfortunatly my friend, GAME doesnt take back games anymore. If you open the seal, you will not be able to return it. They claim that they are not a rental service. Well, I'm definetly not buying my games from them anymore.

Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts
I also wished for more variety, but still I love the game. I hated the storyline crap and I wish they would've stuck to one period. However basically every game is repetative, and at least this was so well made I didn't mind the repetativeness at all, I simply don't get sick of this.
nsoufiani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nsoufiani

I think it's stupid. You're in a computer relating your "ancestors memories" or something. That's the corniest storyline ever. Not to mention it's more repetitive than runescape.mohfrontline

but its that the reptitivness shows so obviously. You eavesdrop, you pickpocket, you hide yourself among the white hooded religious group, you assasinate.

Repeat that over and over and its just dull

Darktiger12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Darktiger12
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts

I think it's stupid. You're in a computer relating your "ancestors memories" or something. That's the corniest storyline ever. Not to mention it's more repetitive than runescape.mohfrontline

lol just wondering man whats with you and runescape i saw you in another topic saying the same thing

nsoufiani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nsoufiani

I also wished for more variety, but still I love the game. I hated the storyline crap and I wish they would've stuck to one period. However basically every game is repetative, and at least this was so well made I didn't mind the repetativeness at all, I simply don't get sick of this.Keitarourashima

as i stated, reptitivness isnt that bad because some games disguise it really well. But this shows. This shows like 32x shows that it blows.

Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Keitarourashima

Give an example pls how a well disguised repetative game looks like? Shoot that alien... go two steps to the left and shoot THAT alien, wow! a ship! and it's spewing out aliens! what to do what to do... I think I'll shoot em'.

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

[QUOTE="mohfrontline"]I think it's stupid. You're in a computer relating your "ancestors memories" or something. That's the corniest storyline ever. Not to mention it's more repetitive than runescape.nsoufiani

but its that the reptitivness shows so obviously. You eavesdrop, you pickpocket, you hide yourself among the white hooded religious group, you assasinate.

How is it corny?

And if you actually listen during your tasks... it isn't repetitive... it is repetitive to the people that are impatient and just want to kill the guy and get their achievement...

Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Keitarourashima
[QUOTE="nsoufiani"]

[QUOTE="mohfrontline"]I think it's stupid. You're in a computer relating your "ancestors memories" or something. That's the corniest storyline ever. Not to mention it's more repetitive than runescape.Squeets

How is it corny?

And if you actually listen during your tasks... it isn't repetitive... it is repetitive to the people that are impatient and just want to kill the guy and get their achievement...

Yeah it all comes down to playstyle, how you enjoy ur gaming.
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
You want an honest opinion? Go here: Zero Punctuation reviews Assassin's Creed He's spot on with the review.
thereal11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thereal11
Member since 2003 • 170 Posts
[QUOTE="Squeets"][QUOTE="nsoufiani"]

[QUOTE="mohfrontline"]I think it's stupid. You're in a computer relating your "ancestors memories" or something. That's the corniest storyline ever. Not to mention it's more repetitive than runescape.Keitarourashima

How is it corny?

Yeah it all comes down to playstyle, how you enjoy ur gaming.

yes i rather have an open do what i want instead of some focused goal where i cant wander off the path and do my thing. i have a question this game to me felt kinda like oblivion with the horses the open world and the exploration or is it just me. also if this game had a few rpg elements and better controls it would be a 10 in my book.
thereal11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thereal11
Member since 2003 • 170 Posts
lol why cant he swim.
marcus4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 marcus4hire
Member since 2003 • 2684 Posts

I went into it with an open mind as it is not my normal type fo game and it seemed different than most other games. Almost its own genre.

The graphics were amazingly detailed and I liked how the world felt alive and carried a great atmosphere. I really felt like I was moving in and out of the hustle bad bustle of life.

The story was incredibly cheesy. I understand the devs attempt to somehow tie the here and now with the past but the whole ancestral memory business was pretty lame. I would have been comfortable with just starting as Altair in the world. I didn't expect anything else.

I thought gameplay was repetitive and too easy. Just a bunch of button mashing that doesn't even have to be that coordinated. Combat was the same. I thought something was up when I took on three guys at once and dispatched them without much strategy or thinking. Just mash this button and then that one. If people start chasing you just find a place, hide, wait until you are hidden again and then go about your business. Rinse and repeat. Much the same could be said with the missions. Pretty much the same thing to a different person in a different town.

The game was alright, don't get me wrong. But I did not think it was what it was cracked up to be prior to launch. I felt like the devs started with a great idea but go lazy with the gameplay and didn't add much new content as the game progressed.

azorath44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 azorath44
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts
great idea for a game just needs more to it. its to repeative
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
I couldn't care less about Assassin's Creed before it came out. My brother was all into the hype though. He bought it and I felt the game was alright when I played it. I had to force myself to finish it.
CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

Its repitive, big deal ,the game is great, its going be a awesome trilogy, of course, you need to understand the ending to fully realize how STEEP the story really is lol

GizmoSimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#21 GizmoSimo
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
the game is repetitive and shallow
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

I've finished Assassins Creed. I was bored when I was playing it but for some reason I kept playing it and kept coming back to it.

I hate the first hour but that's because I've played it about four times. I had it on PS3 at first (the graphics are even better on PS3) but I had to restart a few times due to PS3 hardware failure then swapping it for the 360 version.

Assassins Creed is full of potential. The first one didn't live up to the expectations of most people but who knows what the sequel will hold.

david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
80% through it, I was bored of the repetition.
Kaizersozey83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kaizersozey83
Member since 2004 • 141 Posts

I, like you, enjoyed it only for a little while. It has great graphics, and some really fun ways of playing and fighting. Short of those things though, the game does not fulfill its promise. Thats all you really get to do, run, jump, and kill occasionally. Although it plays out very well, it does get repetitive quite quickly. I killed 3 people and put the game down. Collecting flags, Boring with no consequence to the story or gameplay. Saving citizens, repetitive and not worth it. The fighting system was lots of fun if you could get a bunch of guards, but once you master the counter system you basically become invincible.

A Good effort, but not worth $60.

Avatar image for SOLID_SNAKE_LEO
SOLID_SNAKE_LEO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SOLID_SNAKE_LEO
Member since 2003 • 1271 Posts
The game was repetitious like pretty much any game out but I enjoyed it alot.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#26 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I personally Liked it a lot.

I mean, its the same thing 9 times, but I fond it enjoyable through out.

SHO_ONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 SHO_ONE
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts

Honestly, I really feel that I bought into the hype of assasins creed. Ubisoft did its job and managed to sell me their game which is average at best.

Dont get me wrong, my jaw was on the floor when i first played it. Truley breathtaking graphics. A week passed by though and I realised that I'm just repeating the same thing over and over again.

Now repetition isnt that bad really and some game disguise it really well. Assasins creed's repetitivness showed and it got boring very quickly for me. I havn't touched assasins creed in like a month. I thought about just doing my own thing and not worrying about objectives. Maybe thats how its meant to be played. that got boring for me as well. Wondering around aimlessly is not something anyone should have to do in a game. I can do that in real life and I often do in London. I just wonder around with friends, its good to get out and about and its alot more exciting than doing that in a game.

So im a victim of hype. I dont plan on finishing assasins creed anytime soon. Its just too boring for me. Among one of the most boring games I have ever played.

What is your honest opinion of this game. If you believe its good then take a breather and see if this is not you justifying your purchase. You are not alone, I payed £50 for this game and I believe it was a waste.

P.S I normally love a good story but I really couldnt care about the story in this game.

nsoufiani

I'm the same way, I played it, loved it and just as quickly found it was nothing more then a great game riddled with repetition and crappy AI.

z-man34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 z-man34
Member since 2007 • 193 Posts

You want an honest opinion? Go here: Zero Punctuation reviews Assassin's Creed He's spot on with the review.msjr78

True, he is one of the few reviewers i agree w/ on almost everything.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
My opinion = I liked it. Great graphics, fun gameplay. .. and yes repetitiveness, but i didn't ifnd it THAT boring. Oh, and I skippe d most of the search for flags.
Kirrimir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kirrimir
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts
the game is repetitive and shallowGizmoSimo
lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts

my hones opinion of AC is that it is a great game but, it's a little repetitive-any game can be argued a repetitive it just comes down to what you like to do more, so let me explain.

in AC you have to clib up vantage points to unlock the rest of the city, after a few times i was like ok? this is getting old fast. collecting intel seems a little dull after a few times. besides those things i listed every thing else is fine. sword fights, climbing objects, and finally the assassinations; i loved this part but most of the time it seems your spotted before you even actually start to go in for the kill. i still rated this game a 10, but i would only play through it again if i was really board

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#32 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I beg to differ. Although the game may be somewhat repetitive, many of the game's positives make it such a great game to have. You dont see many games like AE out there on the market. Many people were able to overlook Mass Effect's flaws and it scored big, AAA big. I know some of you are thinking, they're uncomparable, which is true but AE wasnt that bad. I thought it was great. I respect everyone's opinion, because this is one of those 'love it or hate it', titles.
jwired21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jwired21
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts
I'm with you. Way to repetitive. Game looks great, the players move well, just was too boring for me to finish.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I feel that it's a terrific game. The only downside is repeatedly having to do identical missions to complete just about the same tasks.
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts
ok if you dont like it then take it back to the store i like it alot
Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
I'm finding it sort of repetitive, but from time to time, its just pure fun for me.
uschris0304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 uschris0304
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts
I dont have Assassins creed but for those who do, and also have bought DMC4, reguardless or which one you think is better, would it be a waste of money to buy both games, atleast at the same time?? Are they both simular type masher games just with different stories and stuff??
Avatar image for SMASHED_ASPHALT
SMASHED_ASPHALT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SMASHED_ASPHALT
Member since 2007 • 1777 Posts

Hmm...I never found myself "wandering aimlessly" in this game at all. Objectives, although repetitive, were given with clarity and locating them came with ease. In my opinion, this game is well worth the sixty bucks I paid for it.:PMsCortana

I agree. I did put it down for awhile when I got The Orange Box and thought I might not get back into it with some of the repetitive investigations. So one day I just put AC back in the 360 and started playing again and found as the game goes on the story gets better as do the enemies which made it fun again. It is still in my 360 now.

I definitely understand where the TC is coming from though.

OtakuRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 OtakuRay
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
Yeah it is repetitive but it is awesome game
MF5K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 MF5K
Member since 2005 • 71 Posts
Though I liked the game I found it a bit shallow. So pretty just not that much to do. I hope the next will be just as fun with a lot more options for the information gathering. Basically they laid the ground work now they just need to perfect it.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
I hated it for a long time, then once I get counter kills I started to like it. I love the time period that it's set in and I didn't get bored because I went for the achievements.