Play san andreas on 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sivasiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#1 sivasiva
Member since 2007 • 1101 Posts
Has anyone played GTA san andreas and how was it? Was it more nicer playing on the 360? Can it be played in HDTV?
dude6578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dude6578
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
it wasn't that nice nothing really updated looks the same as it did with the original Xbox
ramulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ramulux
Member since 2004 • 2253 Posts
it wasn't that nice nothing really updated looks the same as it did with the original Xboxdude6578
the graphics are way dated now
especensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 especensor
Member since 2006 • 3180 Posts
they were already far from the best (like on ps2/xbox, not pc) when it first came out. what was incredible about SA was its ridiculously HUGE overworld. its like 5 times vice city, or something giant like that.
Egghead360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Egghead360
Member since 2008 • 693 Posts

Yes the game looks a LOT better, almost as good as the PC, and the controls are a dream too.

Regardless, ive played through the game twice since i got 360, i love it that much!

Egghead360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Egghead360
Member since 2008 • 693 Posts
[QUOTE="dude6578"]it wasn't that nice nothing really updated looks the same as it did with the original Xboxramulux

But the design is still among the best
BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BboyStatix
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts
its more beter on 360 cuz of faster loading times. I played the game on my ps2 and i loved it!!! So gangsta. so hip hop. so **** fun
Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10514 Posts

[QUOTE="dude6578"]it wasn't that nice nothing really updated looks the same as it did with the original Xboxramulux

yep i agree, i bought the xbox version and it looked awful, no where near as good lookin as the pc version does maxed out. looks really dated

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
[QUOTE="ramulux"][QUOTE="dude6578"]it wasn't that nice nothing really updated looks the same as it did with the original XboxEgghead360

the maps too big with too much waste its a great game but gets boring for a short while ( or maybe irratating is the word) when ur stuck in the countryside on the wrong side of the mountain you need to be (more so after you played and completed the game and know you got a 5 minute drive to get to where you want to be just to start a mission). maybe a fast travel option would of helped. great game though 2nd best gta game ive played and only one i liked better was vice city stories on ps2. has all the extra features of san andreas and more improovements to the game play, level desins and tweaks to do with dying and gettign your stuff back and getting back at the mission fast. san andreas was great but if they put more content in the huge map instead of using up alot with desert and countryside then it could of been a even better game. maybe it could of helped by making it much eaiser to cut thourgh the mountain that was really what killed the countryside for me, the desert wasnt as bad because you could just scale it really easily plus they was a airport to fly out if needs be. but usually in the countryside your stuck with a bike or a car. id of prefrered another 2 areas of town/city to the desert/countryside, maybe they couldnt fit or they never wanted to put in the extra missions that these places would of required to make them work. but i think thats reflected in the gta games afterwards not utilizing the huge open spaces. but they just minor niggles i loved the game and still play it for a hour or so every so often on my 360. it looks ok on the 360 but on hi-def tv it dont look as good as a crt sdtv. the emulation seems to not interlace the parts of the graphics that a crt tv would. so you get some fuzzy edges when looking into the distance or at certain buildings. if you play vice city or gta 3 mind you then you dont have the same trouble with the emulated graphics but you can clearly see they are a much lower resolution of graphcis and the techniques used are much older looking so i guess its easier to get runnign on the xbox
sivasiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sivasiva

[QUOTE="Egghead360"][QUOTE="ramulux"][QUOTE="dude6578"]it wasn't that nice nothing really updated looks the same as it did with the original Xboxdjrobst

the maps too big with too much waste its a great game but gets boring for a short while ( or maybe irratating is the word) when ur stuck in the countryside on the wrong side of the mountain you need to be (more so after you played and completed the game and know you got a 5 minute drive to get to where you want to be just to start a mission). maybe a fast travel option would of helped. great game though 2nd best gta game ive played and only one i liked better was vice city stories on ps2. has all the extra features of san andreas and more improovements to the game play, level desins and tweaks to do with dying and gettign your stuff back and getting back at the mission fast. san andreas was great but if they put more content in the huge map instead of using up alot with desert and countryside then it could of been a even better game. maybe it could of helped by making it much eaiser to cut thourgh the mountain that was really what killed the countryside for me, the desert wasnt as bad because you could just scale it really easily plus they was a airport to fly out if needs be. but usually in the countryside your stuck with a bike or a car. id of prefrered another 2 areas of town/city to the desert/countryside, maybe they couldnt fit or they never wanted to put in the extra missions that these places would of required to make them work. but i think thats reflected in the gta games afterwards not utilizing the huge open spaces. but they just minor niggles i loved the game and still play it for a hour or so every so often on my 360. it looks ok on the 360 but on hi-def tv it dont look as good as a crt sdtv. the emulation seems to not interlace the parts of the graphics that a crt tv would. so you get some fuzzy edges when looking into the distance or at certain buildings. if you play vice city or gta 3 mind you then you dont have the same trouble with the emulated graphics but you can clearly see they are a much lower resolution of graphcis and the techniques used are much older looking so i guess its easier to get runnign on the xbox

So should i get that game and play it on the 360 console?

Vudu_Line

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vudu_Line
Member since 2007 • 1571 Posts

So should i get that game and play it on the 360 console?sivasiva

Sure. It may look dated, but it's still a blast to play. That's the important part IMO.

elektrixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 elektrixxx
Member since 2004 • 11804 Posts
I do want to play it, but I can't find anywhere to change the controls so that A is to accelerate. That's how I have it in III & VC (which I've been playin' lately) and I don't want to adapt.
sivasiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sivasiva

I do want to play it, but I can't find anywhere to change the controls so that A is to accelerate. That's how I have it in III & VC (which I've been playin' lately) and I don't want to adapt.elektrixxx

You mean that the controls can be diffrent?

porky_ownsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 porky_ownsu
Member since 2008 • 1287 Posts

[QUOTE="Egghead360"][QUOTE="ramulux"][QUOTE="dude6578"]it wasn't that nice nothing really updated looks the same as it did with the original Xboxdjrobst

spawn a hydra or do cars can fly!

_Nolan1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 _Nolan1_
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Why does the game play so bad on my system? Is it a bad download? It has horribly long load times and the visuals in the game are slow to load. When i drive thru the city, the environment graphics do not load and everything appears invisible for awhile until it loads. I think maybe i got a bad download. The game is almost unplayable. The radio music is choppy like a scratched cd. Very fustrating.

skeeter1255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 skeeter1255
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

Back when i played it on the ps2 is was the best game ever...

I dloaded it on the 360 a while back and hated it , due to graphics wise. it gave me a headache lol