Play and Charge Trouble.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lord_Dramoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lord_Dramoth
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I have a play and charge kit for my Xbox 360, but it has this strange problem, that no one else seems to. The battery will not charge, even if the red light is on. It will only charge when there is no light on at all, and that requires a large amount of jury-rigging to accomplish, and even then, the red light might come on randomly, with it stopping the charging of the controller. This is totally backwards to how it should work! Any suggestions? Thanks.
EasyNormalHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 EasyNormalHard
Member since 2010 • 264 Posts

is this the new slim xbox?

Lord_Dramoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lord_Dramoth
No, it is not. It's an old Pro.
m3ss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 m3ss
Member since 2004 • 1163 Posts
I've actually had two Play N' Charge kits die on me. They both stopped holding a charge about the same time. The light goes on indicating that it is charging, and eventually goes green, but then the controller dies within a few minutes. I've gone back to using batteries.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

there are several types of problems that happen with these. i have seen the charger lights turn green and then moments later the controller battery low indicator blinks. i would get a seperate wall charger if i were you for the batteries. they charge up faster

Lord_Dramoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lord_Dramoth
Well, thanks for the replies, guys. I think I'm gonna trade some guy the battery pack for a AA pack. Turns out it's just the controller won't charge the battery. Strange, eh?
Avatar image for Twisted-Ice-God
Twisted-Ice-God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Twisted-Ice-God
Member since 2008 • 755 Posts

got a charge and play that worked up until my dog ate most of the cord and i wired it back together and it kinda worked for a little while then stopped charging but i have never had a battery go out and im on my 3rd xbox now lol, but my roommates battery pack went out and his cord worked fine so i bought new charge and play i gave him my old battery pack and he just used his old cord and it works fine, i love my new black charge and play looks so slick on my black controler.... thank god xbox moved away from the white in favor of the tried and true black.