People don't appreciate the boomshot enough.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SymphonicWaves
Member since 2006 • 832 Posts
I dominate with the boomshot.  I can take out entire teams all on my lonesome with it.  And snipers?  Pfft, on gridlock I eat snipers with my boomshot for breakfeast, and they are yummy.   

Avatar image for Millennium_King
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Millennium_King
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
lol, somebody needs to play another game. 
IONz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 IONz
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts
I dominate with the boomshot. I can take out entire teams all on my lonesome with it. And snipers? Pfft, on gridlock I eat snipers with my boomshot for breakfeast, and they are yummy.

SymphonicWaves
rofl. just rofl.
SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SymphonicWaves
lol, somebody needs to play another game. Millennium_King
I do, I just don't feel like it though.
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Millennium_King
[QUOTE="Millennium_King"]lol, somebody needs to play another game. SymphonicWaves
I do, I just don't feel like it though.

i hear you. i'm addicted to vegas these days.
chester706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chester706
Member since 2007 • 3856 Posts
I know what you mean. I hate to use the sniper because if you miss you are scrambling to reload and the target now knows where you are and is probably relocated or advanced position on you. Idk I just hate it an suck with it. Boomshot is easy to use though.  I like to bounce it off a wall so it hits a sniper in cover. Its funny to hear their reaction.

SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SymphonicWaves
....boomshot doesn't bounce. Or wait, do you think I'm talking about the BRUTE shot in H2?
chester706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chester706
No it can skip and thats what i do. it works.
chester706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chester706
IDK i just shoot a little behind them when they are in cover in some areas and they die.
SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SymphonicWaves
....no, they don't. You need a direct hit to kill. If you hit the ground even 2 inches in front of them, it just hurts them, but not even enough to take them down. If you don't know what wep I'm talking about, you're probobly thinking of the brute shot in halo 2.
chester706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chester706
No I am pretty sure it is the Boomshot in GoW. I am not stupid. Your being an ass. Jesus.
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Millennium_King
if you shoot a torque bow into the sky, it explodes into a rainbow and skittles start raining down. 
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
if you shoot a torque bow into the sky, it explodes into a rainbow and skittles start raining down. Millennium_King

What, I thought they were M&M's?
s3lFc0nTr0l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 s3lFc0nTr0l
Member since 2006 • 3028 Posts
i mainly use shotgun. somtimes i tag just to make people mad. it infuriates me. tagging is very cheap
chester706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chester706
Ya I use torque bow over everything. It owns all weapons in Gears.
SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SymphonicWaves
No I am pretty sure it is the Boomshot in GoW. I am not stupid. Your being an ass. Jesus.chester706
lol, I'm not being an ass. It's just the boom shot doesn't bounce. It explodes when it hits, and there a little radius that does damage, but it's not enough to down someone, let alone kill them. You're confused, or an idiot.
SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SymphonicWaves
i mainly use shotgun. somtimes i tag just to make people mad. it infuriates me. tagging is very cheaps3lFc0nTr0l
Same here. I don't like them, but I wait there, and ambush people when they go for em.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
I don't think people appreciate the shotgun enough. I also think 'nade tags are highly underrated.
honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#19 honkyjoe
Member since 2005 • 5907 Posts

I don't think people appreciate the shotgun enough. I also think 'nade tags are highly underrated.Generic_Dude

are u kidding me. the shotgun is the most overused weapon in gears. People need to start appreciating the lancer or the hammerburst more.

SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SymphonicWaves

[QUOTE="Generic_Dude"]I don't think people appreciate the shotgun enough. I also think 'nade tags are highly underrated.honkyjoe

are u kidding me. the shotgun is the most overused weapon in gears. People need to start appreciating the lancer or the hammerburst more.

It's almost impossible to land enough shots on someone with the lancer enough to kill em. They will easily jump for cover. I use it when someone is picking up a weapon and they can't move.
BlacKJaCK2290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 BlacKJaCK2290
Member since 2005 • 1775 Posts
I've taken out 3 or 4 with one shot using the boom numerous times, it just sucks because then the other team goes for it the next round.
SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SymphonicWaves
I've taken out 3 or 4 with one shot using the boom numerous times, it just sucks because then the other team goes for it the next round.BlacKJaCK2290
Then you wait for them, and when they are picking it up, chain em, or shoot em from a distance when they can't move.
spchamp1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 spchamp1
Member since 2006 • 1152 Posts
[QUOTE="chester706"]No I am pretty sure it is the Boomshot in GoW. I am not stupid. Your being an ass. Jesus.SymphonicWaves
lol, I'm not being an ass. It's just the boom shot doesn't bounce. It explodes when it hits, and there a little radius that does damage, but it's not enough to down someone, let alone kill them. You're confused, or an idiot.

It doesnt have to be a direct hit as you mentioned in your earlier post. You can shoot it on the ground near an enemies feet, and it usually will take him out. If the boomshot requires a direct hit, then explain how you can take out multiple enemies at one time. As for what chester706 was talking about. It is not so much bouncing it off a wall as it is hitting the wall directly beyond the enemy and the explosion kills him.
BlacKJaCK2290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 BlacKJaCK2290
Member since 2005 • 1775 Posts
[QUOTE="BlacKJaCK2290"]I've taken out 3 or 4 with one shot using the boom numerous times, it just sucks because then the other team goes for it the next round.SymphonicWaves
Then you wait for them, and when they are picking it up, chain em, or shoot em from a distance when they can't move.

Doesn't work when theres 4 of them and your getting hit from both sides.
SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SymphonicWaves
[QUOTE="SymphonicWaves"][QUOTE="chester706"]No I am pretty sure it is the Boomshot in GoW. I am not stupid. Your being an ass. Jesus.spchamp1

It doesnt have to be a direct hit as you mentioned in your earlier post. You can shoot it on the ground near an enemies feet, and it usually will take him out. If the boomshot requires a direct hit, then explain how you can take out multiple enemies at one time. As for what chester706 was talking about. It is not so much bouncing it off a wall as it is hitting the wall directly beyond the enemy and the explosion kills him.

Bull, unless they are already injured, you need a direct hit. Try hitting the ground in front of someone, they won't die, or even go down. And when you hit someone directly, and there's somebody near them, they die too, I guess that's just how Epic designed it, but the blast isn't enough to kill unless they are already injured. Trust me, when it comes to the boom shot i know. You know how many times I've been on gridlock, waited for someoen to run up the stairs, BARELY miss, and they don't die? The blast isn't enough.
david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
Boom is teh pwn
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

....no, they don't. You need a direct hit to kill. If you hit the ground even 2 inches in front of them, it just hurts them, but not even enough to take them down. If you don't know what wep I'm talking about, you're probobly thinking of the brute shot in halo 2.SymphonicWaves

No it does bounce just only slightly. I shot one at a wall where a guy was standing (on clocktower on the stairs) and it killed him the killed the person standing in the middle of the stairs. So he was against the wall i hit, but the other person was to the back left of the person by the wall..... that spells bouncing. Most of the time you hit the ground which is why you do see the bounce kill anyone. I mean you hit the ground usually on the side of them.... it can't bounce into them only past.

SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SymphonicWaves
Whatever, I've been using the boomshot a helluva long time, and I don't waste shots hitting the wall or the ground in front of people, because that'll only hurt em, and it'll take too long to reload before they get cover. That, and you only have 2 shots. You need a direct hit, and if you get it, people in the immediate area get taken down too.
ronnie_m17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ronnie_m17
Member since 2006 • 4014 Posts
i love the boomshot, i didnt really learn how to use it until after i got the achievement
Sabien822

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sabien822
Member since 2004 • 220 Posts

[QUOTE="BlacKJaCK2290"]I've taken out 3 or 4 with one shot using the boom numerous times, it just sucks because then the other team goes for it the next round.SymphonicWaves

oh so you're one of those camping cowards. 

tool_rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tool_rage
Member since 2005 • 756 Posts
Whatever, I've been using the boomshot a helluva long time, and I don't waste shots hitting the wall or the ground in front of people, because that'll only hurt em, and it'll take too long to reload before they get cover. That, and you only have 2 shots. You need a direct hit, and if you get it, people in the immediate area get taken down too.SymphonicWaves

If there's only one guy left and I have 2 shots I shoot near 'em twice and they'll explode.
LobaFett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LobaFett
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts
boomshot rocks
parshanb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 parshanb
Member since 2004 • 1347 Posts
I dominate with the boomshot.  I can take out entire teams all on my lonesome with it.  And snipers?  Pfft, on gridlock I eat snipers with my boomshot for breakfeast, and they are yummy.   

SymphonicWaves
i dominate with the ... smoke grenade, no one can stop me! and grenade taggers ? pfft, i smoke them for dinner.
HawksNDoves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 HawksNDoves
Member since 2005 • 333 Posts
The boom is cool... but I really don't use it much. I use the Pistol FTW.
gamerking178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gamerking178
Member since 2005 • 669 Posts
I tag with smokey and hear the responce (usually very violent) as they cannot see r0flcopter.
ravage77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ravage77
Member since 2006 • 390 Posts

....no, they don't. You need a direct hit to kill. If you hit the ground even 2 inches in front of them, it just hurts them, but not even enough to take them down. If you don't know what wep I'm talking about, you're probobly thinking of the brute shot in halo 2.SymphonicWaves

you are right, direct hit to kill... otherwise they take some splash damage, not even a lot. 

ravage77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ravage77
Member since 2006 • 390 Posts

No it does bounce just only slightly. I shot one at a wall where a guy was standing (on clocktower on the stairs) and it killed him the killed the person standing in the middle of the stairs. So he was against the wall i hit, but the other person was to the back left of the person by the wall..... that spells bouncing. Most of the time you hit the ground which is why you do see the bounce kill anyone. I mean you hit the ground usually on the side of them.... it can't bounce into them only past.

dude it DOES NOT BOUNCE.  Sry to burst your bubble... I'm pretty good with the boomshot.  I love it also, but it DOES NOT BOUNCE! you might have splash damage people that were already hurt... thus they died.  But it does not bounce.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

[QUOTE="Generic_Dude"]I don't think people appreciate the shotgun enough. I also think 'nade tags are highly underrated.honkyjoe

Yes, honkyjoe... I AM kidding you. Great screen name, by the way.

starsdestroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 starsdestroy
Member since 2006 • 207 Posts
I use the lancer most of the time.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

SymphonicWaves
ummm.. ok whats your point?? Do you want a reward or something??
USPatriot08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 USPatriot08
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Okay, the Boomshot's explosives don't bounce they release a cluster of smaller explosives upon explosion. And the splash damage is more than enough to kill 1-3 (even 4) people. I've done it, loads of others have too. I'm sure you won't take my word for it, so go to YouTube and look up Nismojoe's Boomshot Montage (his others are great too). This is undeniable proof from a pro that the Boomshot can do what I said it could do. Also, look it up on a few more sources, such a the Gearspedia.
_Donnelly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 _Donnelly_
Member since 2008 • 74 Posts

Good sniper > all

solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
This topic is over a year old...why is it back lol.
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

This topic is over a year old...why is it back lol.solo4321

cuz of the last three posts?

four now...