pavelow not adding to killstreak

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TylerA1B2C3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TylerA1B2C3
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I was wondering if a pavelow adds to your killstreak in Modern Warfare 2. I know that stuff from care packages does not, but when I get a pavelow and then it gets me enough kills for an ac130 I do not get the ac 130. Is it just the pavelow or do other aircraft not add to your killstreak.
RedReckoning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 RedReckoning
Member since 2009 • 638 Posts

I can get AC-130'swith Pavelow. I don't know whats happening in your situation. It adds to my killstreak. Thats weird man.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

Pretty sure none of the killstreak rewards will accumulate to another. Counts as kills still, which is an obvious fact.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Thats odd. I get my chopper gunner from the kills my Herier gets (once got nuke after chopper gunner ownage lol). :?

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts

I'm pretty sure it does NOT count towards killstreaks. I think you have to manually kill people in order for it to count. I'm not sure if chopper gunner counts.. because technically you're doing the work yourself but yeah.. definitely not with Pavelow. Oh and you should be asking this in the MW2 board..

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

I'm pretty sure it does NOT count towards killstreaks. I think you have to manually kill people in order for it to count. I'm not sure if chopper gunner counts.. because technically you're doing the work yourself but yeah.. definitely not with Harrier. Oh and you should be asking this in the MW2 board..wwervin

I think I just realized something lol.

Yeah, some of them must count towards it...forgot I only have 4, 5 and 8 kills marked for my killstreaks.

I think anything with gunning might, but there was some "fun fact" sort of thing on the load screen that said killsteaks don't, so now I'm lost myself.

Anyways, sorry for the ramblings and the need to exploit my own stupidity, guess I'll find out after I unlock another killstreak.

RedReckoning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 RedReckoning
Member since 2009 • 638 Posts

Killstreak killsdefinetly add to your killstreak. For example: Harrier kills can give you a choppergunner, choppergunner can get you a nuke.

Conroi58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Conroi58
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts

everything but care packages, sentry gun, and emergency airdrops count to ur killstreak im pretty sure

kinger256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 kinger256
Member since 2005 • 1770 Posts

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Pave_Low

The Pave Low has some strange behavior when adding to existing kills streaks. The logic appears to be as follows:

• If the user earns a Pave Low and the Pave Low gets the next kill then Pave Low's kills will NOT be added to the current kill streak. However, if the user gets a kill before the Pave Low, the Pave Low's kills will continue the killstreak.
  • Kills from Pave Lows earned from Care Packages will continue the current kill streak. This appears to be a bug, as Care Packages are not supposed to add to kill streaks.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

ill have to research that because i never noticed...

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
[QUOTE="kinger256"]

The Pave Low has some strange behavior when adding to existing kills streaks. The logic appears to be as follows:

• If the user earns a Pave Low and the Pave Low gets the next kill then Pave Low's kills will NOT be added to the current kill streak. However, if the user gets a kill before the Pave Low, the Pave Low's kills will continue the killstreak.
  • Kills from Pave Lows earned from Care Packages will continue the current kill streak. This appears to be a bug, as Care Packages are not supposed to add to kill streaks.

i really dont think this is the case. unless its a glitch of somekind. noone else ive played with has had the pavelow or any other killstreak reqard count towards their next reward...
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

Killstreaks you control (Predator, Percision Airstrike, Chopper Gunner, AC-130) count towards your killstreaks.

Killstreaks you don't control (Sentry Gun, Pavelow, care packages (no matter what they are... I guess a pavelow works...), Harrier... still iffy on that one) do not count towards killstreaks.

Also you killstreaks you get that like only count for that life. If you die and have a chopper gunner, it will not give you any killstreak kills.

tripp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tripp17
Member since 2009 • 51 Posts

harrier for sure counts for kill streak rewards.

therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts

pavelow doesnt add.
i got to five kills
used pred missle and got one kill
making it six.
Three kills later i got my pavelow at 9.
the pavelow got a few kills but at eleven, the chopper gunner, i didnt get it until i killed two people.
and then i could use my chop gunner.

Sscnum21mvp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Sscnum21mvp
Member since 2009 • 111 Posts

I think that the harrier might add to your streak because with the harrier you have to place it on the map. With the Pavelow it just kills without you directing it.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="slvrraven9"][QUOTE="kinger256"]

i really dont think this is the case. unless its a glitch of somekind. noone else ive played with has had the pavelow or any other killstreak reqard count towards their next reward...

im pretty sure they do and this is probably accurate. If people read this before posting they would be a lot less confused
Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
I've noticed that Pave Lowe kills don't count towards my killstreaks . . . maybe wikia had it right.
Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#18 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts
Pave Low's do not count toward your next killstreak. They can count for your highest killstreak if it applies (like under kills it says what your highest streak was), but it does not help build up to another killstreak reward.
wiicube64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wiicube64
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts

Yeah, everything besides pavelows and airdrops count towards killstreaks.

the_kidisblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_kidisblack
Member since 2008 • 1184 Posts
Weird. Not for me though, I just got nuke from Harriers, which gave me CG, which I owned with = nuke.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
Pave Low's do not count toward your next killstreak. They can count for your highest killstreak if it applies (like under kills it says what your highest streak was), but it does not help build up to another killstreak reward. Kcdragon8116

Yeah, everything besides pavelows and airdrops count towards killstreaks.

wiicube64
for goodness sake, read the post with the wiki explanation