Pave Low doesn' t count towards your killstreak!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#1 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

Grrrrrr......I could have gotten a nuke today anyone else hate that a hard earned pave low doesn' tgive you any killstreaks?

"

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

Why should it? Yeah, you may have gotten 9 kills to get it, but you're still not doing any actual work when it gets the kills for you.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KamikazeDonut

Why should it? Yeah, you may have gotten 9 kills to get it, but you're still not doing any actual work when it gets the kills for you.

MadVybz
Why should the harrier count kills for me I don' t do anything I just tell it where to go and it fires away, it' s not my fault the other team isn' t smart enough to put on Cold Blooded and have stinger missles to shoot it down it only takes two so it' s relativley easy to shoot down if your properly equipped. By the way I love your Game Informer quote.
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

KamikazeDonut

Why should the harrier count kills for me I don' t do anything I just tell it where to go and it fires away, it' s not my fault the other team isn' t smart enough to put on Cold Blooded and have stinger missles to shoot it down it only takes two so it' s relativley easy to shoot down if your properly equipped. By the way I love your Game Informer quote.

...The Harrier counts towards your killstreak? That's news to me. :|

And yes. I find fanboyism to extremely stupid. Which is why I have that quote as my sig. :D

LostSoul781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 LostSoul781
Member since 2003 • 1630 Posts

Nothing you call in counts toward your streak. It even says that sometimes when you load a game

Khatjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 Khatjal
Member since 2010 • 216 Posts

Grrrrrr......I could have gotten a nuke today anyone else hate that a hard earned pave low doesn' tgive you any killstreaks?

KamikazeDonut

It should. When I don't have my nuke on I do Harrier, Pave Low, Chopper Gunner and when my Pave Low smokes two people I get my chopper gunner.

I did notice once or twice that I needed to kill at least one person between my Pave Low and Chopper Gunner to get it. Might be a bug.

As for the poster who says nothing you call in counts for killstreak - Thats only with dropper crates. The loading screen comment you're referring to even specifically mentions thats its Drop Crates ONLY that don't add to it.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KamikazeDonut

Nothing you call in counts toward your streak. It even says that sometimes when you load a game

LostSoul781
Then why does my harrier get kills for me when I call it in?
dragonic9100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dragonic9100
Member since 2009 • 356 Posts

"

KamikazeDonut

its glitched and IW is to busy counting their money to make a patch

[...The Harrier counts towards your killstreak? That's news to me. :|

And yes. I find fanboyism to extremely stupid. Which is why I have that quote as my sig. :D

MadVybz

all air support except the glitched pave low counts towards your killstreak unless its from an emergency airdrop or a care package

LostSoul781

nothing from a care package counts towards your streak

seriously am i the only one whos gotten a 7+ streak here?

jherbach1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jherbach1222
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

[QUOTE="LostSoul781"]

KamikazeDonut

It will get kills it just wont count towards your kill streak at least thats what I think. :? Im pretty sure all Carepackage Killstreak items dont count towards your kill streak

gangster480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 gangster480
Member since 2006 • 856 Posts

im pretty sure everything counts toward the kill streak. except for stuff u get from random air drop.

dragonic9100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dragonic9100

[QUOTE="KamikazeDonut"][QUOTE="LostSoul781"]

jherbach1222

It will get kills it just wont count towards your kill streak at least thats what I think. :? Im pretty sure all Carepackage Killstreak items dont count towards your kill streak

if you get the harrier from a 7 killstreak(6 w/ hardline) it will count towards you kill streak, the care package thing was right though

MrGaines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 MrGaines
Member since 2006 • 333 Posts

LostSoul781

Noob. Don't talk about things you dont know. What it actually says is killstreak rewards earned from care packages do not count towards your killstreak.

xxxCr00k3dxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xxxCr00k3dxxx
Member since 2009 • 1006 Posts
[QUOTE="dragonic9100"]

[QUOTE="KamikazeDonut"]

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

all air support except the glitched pave low counts towards your killstreak unless its from an emergency airdrop or a care package

[QUOTE="LostSoul781"]

Lol,7+ Killstreak is nothing.I had my kill streak rewards set to Chopper Gunner,EMP,And nuke and i got the nuke.No camping.Its really not a hard game.
cheesenuggets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cheesenuggets
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts

Well this is a funny topic yes pave low does count towards your killstreak but sometimes it doesent because of a glitch and yes everything that is called in except for care packages or emergency air drops does count towards your killstreak but just because someone doesnt know that doesnt mean this is a bragging topic saying oh im really great because i got a nuke with this killstreak thats wonderful but no one cares

podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts

[QUOTE="KamikazeDonut"]

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

dragonic9100

LostSoul781

Yes, you are. Nobody else can amount to your awesomeness in MW2 to get 7 kills in a row...that's plain skill right there.
dragonic9100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dragonic9100

Lol,7+ Killstreak is nothing.I had my kill streak rewards set to Chopper Gunner,EMP,And nuke and i got the nuke.No camping.Its really not a hard game.xxxCr00k3dxxx

i never said i was good because i got a 7+ streak, its just tht 7 is when you get harrier which was the general example of air support giving you a killstreak. and nukes really aren't hard to get

Spike211187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Spike211187
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

If you got the pave low in an air drop, it wont count towards your killstreak. Items you get from air drops don't count. But if you get a pave low outright from killstreaks then it will count. That was my observance of it at least. I had something similar happen to me

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#18 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
[QUOTE="LostSoul781"]

KamikazeDonut

It gets you kills to help win the math. If killstreak reward counted towards more rewards, it would be extremely unbalanced. People would call in a sentry, then when it racks up enough kills, a pavelow is ordered, then a nuke. It would be stupid. The killstreak rewards are just to get you xp.
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
it counts just fine... except theres a glitch where basically you have to kill someone after you get you pavelow and before it gets a kill... its not nearly as bad as the glitched chopper gunner though.. i mean come on! you can shoot at the doorway of a building and it will kill people that are inside far away from the door!
cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

[QUOTE="KamikazeDonut"]

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

dragonic9100

LostSoul781

What this ^ guy said. And no man, you are not the only one that has gotten 7+ streak, but they are few and far between. Big respect to people who can get killstreaks without all the KS rewards. The highest killstreak a lot of people get on MW2 is 3-4, then the care package does the rest for them

amill68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 amill68
Member since 2005 • 220 Posts

I think that the way that it works is that if you get those from a crate, they dont count towards your killstreak> however id you get it from getting those number of kills (harrier strike, for example) it will count towards your streak. I have found this from personal experience. i havent tried the pavelow, though, if I have that turned on, that is usually my top killstreak (I dont bother with trying for nukes...)

deadbeat2381

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deadbeat2381
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

the reason the pave low does not count is bc it is beast, and if you got to 9 kills (8 with hardline) and dropped a pavelow, and then got chopper gunner you would be guarenteed to get a nuke...

the pave low gets basically 6-7 kills on top of the 9 you already have, so then you only need like 9-10 kills with AC130 or chopper gunner which is almost guarenteed

i dont believe it is glitched, it is just to make it so every game doesnt end in a nuke

the way the game is set up most ppl use a harrier at 7, then chopper gunner at 11, then nuke

if you use the harrier it gets u to 11 most likely, and then u have to get 14 more kills with chopper gunner which shouldnt be the case unless the other team doesnt try and shoot it down, in which case they are stupid...if it gets shot down which it should u should then have to get 4-5 more kills on your own to get a nuke, which is much harder

if pavelow counted towards rewards i would get much more nukes, bc i would only have to get 9 legitimate kills in a row (which is still hard but not impossible) and then its guarenteed nuke...the way it is set up now is i have to get 7 kills, then hope my harrier gets me to 11 and then hope the other team is stupid and doesnt shoot my chopper gunner down, or they keep running outside like idiots instead of waitin 45 seconds for it to go away

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

Yup. I also found this out the hard way. I don't use it anymore.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KamikazeDonut
[QUOTE="deadbeat2381"]

the reason the pave low does not count is bc it is beast, and if you got to 9 kills (8 with hardline) and dropped a pavelow, and then got chopper gunner you would be guarenteed to get a nuke...

the pave low gets basically 6-7 kills on top of the 9 you already have, so then you only need like 9-10 kills with AC130 or chopper gunner which is almost guarenteed

i dont believe it is glitched, it is just to make it so every game doesnt end in a nuke

the way the game is set up most ppl use a harrier at 7, then chopper gunner at 11, then nuke

if you use the harrier it gets u to 11 most likely, and then u have to get 14 more kills with chopper gunner which shouldnt be the case unless the other team doesnt try and shoot it down, in which case they are stupid...if it gets shot down which it should u should then have to get 4-5 more kills on your own to get a nuke, which is much harder

if pavelow counted towards rewards i would get much more nukes, bc i would only have to get 9 legitimate kills in a row (which is still hard but not impossible) and then its guarenteed nuke...the way it is set up now is i have to get 7 kills, then hope my harrier gets me to 11 and then hope the other team is stupid and doesnt shoot my chopper gunner down, or they keep running outside like idiots instead of waitin 45 seconds for it to go away

Whether it' s glitched or intended I still find it upsetting the pave low is relativley easy to shoot it down if you just use cold blooded and some launchers. On a side note it' s really hard to get harrier without the assistance of a predator missle guess I' ll stick to chopper gunner.
TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts

MadVybz
ridiculous statement. Any killstreak that you worked for deserves to be added to your current killstreak.