Party Chat Limitation in Modern Warfare 2?!?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slipstream720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Slipstream720
Member since 2008 • 287 Posts

modernwarfare247.com/news/party-chat-limitations-in-multiplayer

This is f@#zing stupid! Personally, I am CONSTANTLY in party chat with friends who are playing other games, usually when I am play Search and Destroy in Call of Duty 4. Infinity Ward is over-reacting about the occasional people who cheat (if you call it cheating) in Free-For-All and S&D. It isn't grounds for me to boycott the game, but it's still insanely stupid.

pakman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 pakman3000
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts

Welcome to last weeks news.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

pakman3000
This and at least the 360 has party chat, other systems are dying to even get that feature.
RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

Why don't you wait and see how it actually works before you start freaking out!?!?!?

I'm pretty sure it's only gonna be for certain game modes, which is good because ever since party chat came out no one ever talks in the game. I miss the good old days of XBL when everyone would talk in games like GeOW, and Call of Duty 4. So this is really good news for me anyways.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#5 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I think it's really dumb. I'm almost always in a party. now I can't be in one! but whatever, I'll live :P
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Why don't you wait and see how it actually works before you start freaking out!?!?!?

I'm pretty sure it's only gonna be for certain game modes, which is good because ever since party chat came out no one ever talks in the game. I miss the good old days of XBL when everyone would talk in games like GeOW, and Call of Duty 4. So this is really good news for me anyways.

RAGINGxPONY

see how it works out?? if some people are always in party chat with other friends to have good time jokin around but no IF has to stop that and try force us play the game 4real.

in the cod4 before party chat every time i went in a game i only heard like 2 out 16 people talkin. Also the only time i payed cod4 in the first place was because i want to be by my self.

microsoft need shut this down before a lot of devs take control of this and force a lot games to have no party chat.

TaxAndDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TaxAndDeath
Member since 2009 • 456 Posts

it really does suck. The fact that I can't play...headquarters and talk to a friend that is playing another game sucks pretty hard

SavingPvtToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 SavingPvtToast
Member since 2009 • 115 Posts

Another problem is also occasionally I'll just join a party randomly on my own and take out my mic, so then I can't hear the people in game chat playing music down the mic or shouting at each other.

I think I just lost the rest of the respect I had for the Call Of Duty franchise now, not that I had all that much anyway...

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
It definitely makes sense to block it from Search and Destroy. Everything else doesn't seem like it would be a big deal, but whatever. I don't really care.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

RAGINGxPONY

I see what you are saying, but in all honesty, I am SO happy that we have party chat now because 9 times out of 10, it's just the idiots that are talking and they just ruin the game for everyone. And I totally get that there are some game modes that make it unfair if you are using party chat but it's not a big enough deal that they should stop people from getting to use it. They need to not be dumb and just let people play and have their party chat!

Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

So get with your buddies you want to play the game with...JUMP on Teamspeak and chat....problem fixed and nothing MS or anyone else can do about it..:)

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#12 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Good, it's not even a big deal anyway. If you're playing MW2 and you have a mic you should be communicating with your team, end of story
Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

Best feature I've read about so far. I'm sick of not being able to talk to my teammates.

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

[QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]

k2theswiss

see how it works out?? if some people are always in party chat with other friends to have good time jokin around but no IF has to stop that and try force us play the game 4real.

in the cod4 before party chat every time i went in a game i only heard like 2 out 16 people talkin. Also the only time i payed cod4 in the first place was because i want to be by my self.

microsoft need shut this down before a lot of devs take control of this and force a lot games to have no party chat.

I'm just saying wait and see, I doubt it will be for every game mode. Maybe there will bea team Deathmatch where you can be in chat and maybe one where you can't be in chat. Then people who want to chill and talk to there friends canand people who want to talk to strangers have the option too.

Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts

Cool, all that means is that I'll have to mute everyone in the matchthats not one of my friends.

RockysCatnipCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RockysCatnipCo
Member since 2005 • 3165 Posts

I actually like the change. Party chat has kind of limited the XBL experience for me recently. It used to be tons of fun joining a room with my clan and exchanging trash talk with the occasional opposing clan. And most importantly, 99% of my clan, I met through game chat. You can't meet new people if you're in private chat with the same 8 people all the time.

MissMorphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 MissMorphine
Member since 2008 • 1156 Posts

pakman3000

^^ second that :P

valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts

RAGINGxPONY
I agreeeee. It sucks when no one talks. I play a lot of COD4 but lately I've been thinking that I should try Halo 3 again because people talked there. But well, hopefully this problem will be fixed by this new "feature".
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

pakman3000

Yup.

Orgymang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Orgymang
Member since 2003 • 314 Posts

Currently the only playlists that will allow party chat are 3rd Person Teams, FFA, and Merc TDM.

gamer_96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 gamer_96
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts

Too bad

lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts
A bit late there buddy.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

I actually like the change. Party chat has kind of limited the XBL experience for me recently. It used to be tons of fun joining a room with my clan and exchanging trash talk with the occasional opposing clan. And most importantly, 99% of my clan, I met through game chat. You can't meet new people if you're in private chat with the same 8 people all the time.

RockysCatnipCo
oo wow... this is the whole reason why people go/want party chat because of people like your clan