Overwatch on Xbone

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lezbowsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Lezbowsky
Member since 2017 • 12 Posts

Hey there. I've switched to console gaming few months ago and now i am looking for some online shooter to spend my evenings after work :) Thought that Overwatch is really nice game, looks similiar to Team Fortress 2, where i have more than 6000 playtime hours since its release.

But i am not sure. As i heard there are no chat and people rarely use voice comm. Is it true? How people play team-based FPS without communication? In TF2 it was most horrible experiecne where people dont communicate and dont care about teamwork. And because it is team-based game... you know rest, defeat after defeat. Dont want to feel lonely playing with other people :/

And does it worth it at all for beginner in console gaming? I know that console is not best platform for multiplayer FPS, heard much about gamepad vs mouse holywars, but i dont care much. At first it was really awkward experience, but after few days in Doom and Wolfenstein i think that controls are not that bad as some PC-gamers claim it to be. How big online is on xbox? Dont want to spend 65 euro on a game with zero people online :/

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

I think the usage of voice comm will depend on what mode you're playing. If it's anything other than competitive then you won't hear a word. If it's competitive then it depends on what rank you're at. The higher your rank, the higher the chance you'll hear people use voice comm more often.

Disclaimer: I play this game on pc, I just assume that it's a similar situation on console.

Also the game is very beginner friendly so you should be fine I think.

AsaltedGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AsaltedGhost
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

I enjoy playing Overwatch on my Xbox One, I tend to play with my friends. I do not like playing with random people.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

I've enjoyed Overwatch, but there is no voice communication, which is ok with me. Usually just some fool on the mic sometimes.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I think Overwatch is one of those games where a lot of people are in private parties chatting

Lightning77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lightning77
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

I have always wanted to play Overwatch too, but as someone stated earlier, i don't think this is a game i'd enjoy playing with random people after seeing some YT videos.