overrated games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spyhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 spyhomer
Member since 2008 • 102 Posts

The game that I think is the most overrated is braid like seriously its a stupid arcade game yet it got the same rating has halo 3 and is on the top of the best xbox 360 games like gta 4 halo 3 rock band and its just an arcade game :twisted:

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts

We've had so many 'overrated' and 'braid wtf?' threads recently. yes you're right, braid is terrible, avoid it and leave it alone and since you don't enjoy, don't think about it, problem solved.
GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
I thought Assasins Creed was really overrated.
BRAWLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 BRAWLL
Member since 2007 • 307 Posts
well i would say HALO.... it looks like everytime you talk about xbox live someone has to SAY HALO 3.... i do understand thats its the most popular game but its been a year almost and people keep refering to it as the best FPS... sorry to say that COD4 is the best FPS ive ever played, HALO is a fan based game
ThEmAk_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ThEmAk_XD
Member since 2008 • 764 Posts

So what if its overrated man its done already deal with it

NRGray555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NRGray555
Member since 2008 • 103 Posts
I agree completely. Halo fun but way too many people seem to be way too obsessed.
MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts
Braid is not overrated. Its earned the praise because its a great piece of gaming art. A one of a kind masterpiece. And it cost $15. They rate according to worth of purchase. For $15 you get an equal amount of enjoyment as paying $60 on Halo 3.
Mstrchiefpwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Mstrchiefpwns
Member since 2006 • 814 Posts

I thought Assasins Creed was really overrated.GoreObsessed

Yea it was a very repetitive game, if all of the cities were uniq instead of having the same side quests and the same methods of hiding it would've been much better, and the story was a complete waste of time. It was worth a rent tho.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

well i would say HALO.... it looks like everytime you talk about xbox live someone has to SAY HALO 3.... i do understand thats its the most popular game but its been a year almost and people keep refering to it as the best FPS... sorry to say that COD4 is the best FPS ive ever played, HALO is a fan based gameBRAWLL

Blah, Cod2 is way better than 4.

I would have to say GTA. I mean come on.

McNulty5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 McNulty5
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts
Honestly, Braid is a much better game than GTA IV, in terms of awesomeness.
great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts

The game that I think is the most overrated is braid like seriously its a stupid arcade game yet it got the same rating has halo 3 and is on the top of the best xbox 360 games like gta 4 halo 3 rock band and its just an arcade game :twisted:

spyhomer

A guy with a GOW logo on his image is talking about overated games, oh the irony.

great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts

Honestly, Braid is a much better game than GTA IV, in terms of awesomeness.McNulty5

Even Frogger is better than GTAIV.

Avatar image for NotQuiteHuman89
NotQuiteHuman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NotQuiteHuman89
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts
Call of Duty 4 is pretty overrated. Yes the online multiplayer is fun for a while, but once you realize that there aren't any online achievements, and so few maps, it gets awfully dull. Sure, go ahead and beat every challange, and please be my guest and enter prestige mode 12 times, your gamerscore won't increase...
ABoffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ABoffman
Member since 2008 • 726 Posts

ASSassins Creed wasn't good at all, I couldn't even get pasted the 3rd mission because of how boring it was. The CP SUCKED HORRIBLY they weren't even fun to kill. The combat was dull as hell, don't forget that.

COD4 was pretty overrated. The single player was pretty bad. It was short, repetitive and the graphics are bland as hell. The multiplayer saves the game with a nice level up system and decently fun gameplay, but overall it didn't do enough to make the game amazing.

The Rock Band and Guitar Hero games are seriously overrated. They get WAAAAAAYYYY to much attention, they aren't what I would consider a real game.

quader_ac400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 quader_ac400
Member since 2007 • 801 Posts
Bioshock i think was terriblely overrated.....Halo 3
KoreanPork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KoreanPork
Member since 2006 • 137 Posts
Well most of the overrated games are the really good games, like COD4, Halo 3, and GTA4.
tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts
Braid is not overrated. Its earned the praise because its a great piece of gaming art. A one of a kind masterpiece. And it cost $15. They rate according to worth of purchase. For $15 you get an equal amount of enjoyment as paying $60 on Halo 3.MuffinPunk
No they don't, because the Orange Box was $60 for five games and they thought Portal was too short.
Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts
Bioshock, the game is so overrated.
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
I say Gears of War.
Simsfreak14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 Simsfreak14
Member since 2006 • 1480 Posts
I though Halo 3 was highly overrated. But the halo fan boys must defend it!
tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts

ASSassins Creed wasn't good at all, I couldn't even get pasted the 3rd mission because of how boring it was. The CP SUCKED HORRIBLY they weren't even fun to kill. The combat was dull as hell, don't forget that.

COD4 was pretty overrated. The single player was pretty bad. It was short, repetitive and the graphics are bland as hell. The multiplayer saves the game with a nice level up system and decently fun gameplay, but overall it didn't do enough to make the game amazing.

The Rock Band and Guitar Hero games are seriously overrated. They get WAAAAAAYYYY to much attention, they aren't what I would consider a real game.

ABoffman
COD4 has repetitive missions and bland graphics, Rock Band and Guitar Hero not real games?! Mental therapy is the thing for you good sir.
bitemeslippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#22 bitemeslippy
Member since 2005 • 1626 Posts
[QUOTE="spyhomer"]

great_rulo

A guy with a GOW logo on his image is talking about overated games, oh the irony.

Haha I could not agree more.

tomsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 tomsten
Member since 2005 • 556 Posts
gears is so overated
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

well i would say HALO.... it looks like everytime you talk about xbox live someone has to SAY HALO 3.... i do understand thats its the most popular game but its been a year almost and people keep refering to it as the best FPS... sorry to say that COD4 is the best FPS ive ever played, HALO is a fan based gameBRAWLL

Yeah and calling a good overall shooter the best shooter out is so much better. COD4 is great but by far not the greatest. Sorry to say Duke nukem,Doom,Wolfenstein,and etc. >COD4 anyday.

Anyway my vote goes to COD4 because it gets far too much praise than it deserves. It's an awesome game but it seems that everyone thinks it's the best shooter of all time.

Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
GEARS OF WAR.
Warlock89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Warlock89
Member since 2005 • 2200 Posts

I don't think Halo3 is overrated, because a lot of people seem to hate it. I can't recall anyone saying it was some Epic FPS game. Everyone seems to bash it, even though its a respectable game.

But for overrated. CoD4 and GTA4. CoD4 was just okay IMO and GTA4 was just broken and horrible. Worth $25 - $30 IMO

grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts

Halo 3 - Solid shooter, but not as good as everyone made it out to be.

Assassin's Creed - Bored me to tears.

Grand Theft Auto 4 - Great game but doesn't deserve all the 10's and perfects it got from the reviewers.