overheating with an intercooler huh?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Full_Metal_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Full_Metal_Fan
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts
My xbox has been fine for the year ive had it. Just recently it has begun to freeze randomly, in different points of different games and on xbox live. i got the 3 red ring of death, i looked it up online and found out it ment overheating. so i do my research i look all of it up and after about a week of overheating and having to leave my xbox alone and only play for 1/2 hour intervals once every 5 hours instead of being able to play a couple solid hours, i decided to buy a NYKO TS INTERCOOLER. everybody said that this was the best. i bring it home and set it up, i play my xbox for about an hour maybe more and just when i think its working IT OVERHEATS AGAIN. What is going on? How can it keep **** overheating from minimal play, with a god damn intercooler?????? Anybody ever had this problem before? Is intercooler malfunction common?
GamerTron0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 GamerTron0
Member since 2008 • 561 Posts
Its not the inter cooler, u have to get ur 360 fixed from the 3 red lights and if u keep the inter cool the xbox 360 probaly wont get the RROD again or atleast for a long time.
Avatar image for michael_brennan
michael_brennan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 michael_brennan
Member since 2005 • 201 Posts

DONT use the intercooler! They are like airbags they kill more than they save.

The intercoolers are actually bad for your system because they cause an indirect connection from the plug in to the xbox which can effect the power used to power your fans. This is not good. With the intercooler fans blocking your xbox's fans and sucking up power that could be used for your fans your basically asking for RROD by putting that thing on their. The only known fix that i know works is the X clamp, but what you should do is send it into Microsoft seeing how they have booted their warranty's up to 3 years. Once it arrives back however, trash the intercooler its a piece of junk made by a cheep company.

N9ne-xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 N9ne-xx
Member since 2008 • 317 Posts

DONT use the intercooler! They are like airbags they kill more than they save.

The intercoolers are actually bad for your system because they cause an indirect connection from the plug in to the xbox which can effect the power used to power your fans. This is not good. With the intercooler fans blocking your xbox's fans and sucking up power that could be used for your fans your basically asking for RROD by putting that thing on their. The only known fix that i know works is the X clamp, but what you should do is send it into Microsoft seeing how they have booted their warranty's up to 3 years. Once it arrives back however, trash the intercooler its a piece of junk made by a cheep company.

michael_brennan

Take it from a guywho has the intercooler, it works..If you get the rings of death, unplug the intercooler, let it relax; plugit back in,
X clamp is the problem for 3
2 rings mean it needs to chill

Orbnotacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Orbnotacus
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I also have an intercooler... but i get two lights... (the two left ones, 1st controller and 3rd) and i looked it up and it said it was overheating... I have an intercooler AND a small house-fan next to it to help ventilation... Anyone know what i can do WITHOUT sending it in? I sent my box in before but that was when i still had my warentee, which i don't have anymore, and im broke as a joke... so any helpful input would be greatly appreciated...
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
Using the intercoolers just draw power away from the console, just unplug your intercooler and see if that helps. Also, your powerbrick could be overheating, make sure that is in an open area as well
Orbnotacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Orbnotacus
yea i just did some more reading and i took off my intercooler, put my xbox up on a couple books to free up the underside ventholes, and i put a small, light, house fan on top of it that points directly up, to help move warm air out and up from the system... and thanks for the idea about the power brick... ill try that... THANKS!!!
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
the fan doesn't work as u think.
Orbnotacus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Orbnotacus
how so? I figured it will do more good than bad...