Original headset vs. Turtle Beach X1?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cammby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1 cammby
Member since 2003 • 113 Posts
For someone who likes to play online here and there,is itworth the extra money for the X1??? Last game I've REALLY played a lot on Live was COD:MW. Haven't played much since then but expect to play a lot when MW2 arrives. I'm also having a hard time trying to get past the extra wires that the X1's will need too...I obviously don't want to spend $150-200 on a headset (Tritton AX Pro, TB X4) that isn't used all of the time, so the $46-50 X1 looked like a possibility to use over the original set. Should I give them a whirl?
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

I would and I think I'll be buying a pair around Christmas. I've heard great things about that headset.

Avatar image for insomniac_loser
insomniac_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 insomniac_loser
Member since 2005 • 168 Posts

I honestly would only recommend it if you played alot online like myself. Or if you dont wanna make too much noise its perfect just putting your TV on mute and listening to everything on the headset. I say go out to best buy and get it becasue you do have 30 days with it and can return it if the cables are a problem or if you jsut dont like it, thats what i did and i really like it man the sound is fantastic. Also keep in mind if you have the chat pad on your comtroller the X1 wont connect with it on so youll have to be without it, just FYI.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
have x1's and they are amazing go buy them you wont be disappointed! or keep buying the 20$ cheap xbox ones that break after 2 months.
imperial_agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 imperial_agent
Member since 2006 • 2195 Posts

I just bought the Turtle Beach X1.

What I like about it:

Big, comfortable, soft ear muffs. You can leave them on all day and it'll never get uncomfortable.

The sound quality is amazing. Thumping bass, subwofer. All around the sound is really good, I can not go back to playing games on my normal speakers now. Really immersive.

It's a dual headphone and mic as well. So you can have the awesome sound while using it as a Mic to talk to other people.

What I don't like:

I have to connect to the back of the Xbox and to my computer monitor speak-out jack. then when I want to use the mic, I have plug in the seperate puck for it. It's good that the puck can be detatched, because I don't want to chat all the time when I play games. Its just not very streamlined, but if you can get past the wires it's worth it.

The quality of voice feedback from others is not very crisp. you can still hear them just fine, but it sounds like it's going through an audio filter.

Overall, I think it's worth it. The price is affordable compared to other brands, the sound quality is mind blowing awesome. you can adjust the volume level direction from the headset, and you can adjust the voice chat volume seperately. It's a good deal if you want really good sound wiht the option to voice chat as well.

cammby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cammby

Thanks guys. Another question for those that do already use them...

How are they hooked up (in simple terminology please) to the xbox and HDTV if I'm already using HDMI to connect the 360 to the TV?

I can't quite figure out by the diagram of the packaging... stupid me.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts

Thanks guys. Another question for those that do already use them...

How are they hooked up (in simple terminology please) to the xbox and HDTV if I'm already using HDMI to connect the 360 to the TV?

I can't quite figure out by the diagram of the packaging... stupid me.

cammby

They hook up to the audio cords that would normally go into the tv, if ur using hdmi like me, there should of been an audio cords plug in to separator the audio from the hdmi. it looks like this http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/news/images/xbox-360-elite/360elite%20062.jpg that is where you plug the phones into. audio and vido still sync through the hdmi to tv aswell.

cammby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cammby
I have an Arcade console with an added-on 120GB HDD, so not sure if I have the cable I'd need to do this. I bought my HDMI cable from Monoprice, but it's just a plain HDMI cable. Only cable in the box I still have is a composite AV cable. P.S. For some reason, I get a forbidden page when clicking on the above link.
cammby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cammby

Anyone?