orange light.. but console wont power on? any ideas?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ohtonnyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ohtonnyy
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
My xbox 360 has the orange light on the power supply but it doesnt want to turn on. I pushed the on button on the console itself and on the remote and nothing happens. i read around and figured it might've been the power supply, so i went out and ordered another and received it today. Plugged it in.. nothing.. same thing as before.. so now im guessing it may be my console itself.. or the plug coming from the wall outlet to the power supply. Please if anyone knows whats going on please help me.
Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

Are you pushing the plug completely in to the 360? Other than a loose wire/hardware malfunction of some type, that is all I can think of.

ohtonnyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ohtonnyy
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
yea ive done it over and over with both power supplies. everything is pushed in firm. it cant be the wire coming from the outlet to the power supply otherwise the light wouldnt even turn orange? correct? so the only thing i can think of.. is something inside the xbox.. and its a few years old so nomore warranty lol. i really cant think of anything else. and its bugging the sh*t out of me. i came home from out of town and it just wouldnt cut on. like a power surge or something fried it. but i dont know.
BiThBhE0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BiThBhE0
Member since 2008 • 1643 Posts
I had the same issue about 6 months back. I called customer support and he went through all the steps and told me I had to send in my console for repairs. Then he told me to unplug all the wires and read him the serial. I first unplugged the plug and play and I noticed that the light on my power brick turned green again. So I decided to try my 360 and it turned on. I went and got another plug & play and it's been working fine ever since.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#5 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Hmm....well orange light usually means the console is only getting half the power. So are you sure you have everything plugged in? If so than I would contact MS and have them help you with the issue. Although you might have a hard time understanding the guy...he's an outsourced Indian.

gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
When the console is turned on the light on the power brick should be solid green and when off it should be solid yellow/orange. I doubt it's a problem with your brick otherwise it'd be displaying a red light, it's most likely your console. Just call up Microsoft customer support, good luck.
Avatar image for Anthonyanator06
Anthonyanator06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Anthonyanator06
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I just read this blog. And I am also searching for a fix for the same exact issue. I read some thing about the usb ports sometimes the metal pieces get bent inside and that can cause the orange light also. But as far as I can see my ports seem to be fine other than some dust. The wires are all tightly in. Some times it kicks on and works other times I can't seem to get it to do anything but show me the orange light. Any suggestions? Or do I need to suck it up and ship it off for repairs? I really don't have the patience for the Indian MS dude at support. I may try to find someone local if thats what I have to do. Of course that being last resort. Any helpful hints are appriecated....
XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

yea ive done it over and over with both power supplies. everything is pushed in firm. it cant be the wire coming from the outlet to the power supply otherwise the light wouldnt even turn orange? correct? so the only thing i can think of.. is something inside the xbox.. and its a few years old so nomore warranty lol. i really cant think of anything else. and its bugging the sh*t out of me. i came home from out of town and it just wouldnt cut on. like a power surge or something fried it. but i dont know.ohtonnyy
Did you try hitting the eject button? Another thing I'd try is to completely unplug the console until the orange light is off, replug it, then try using your controller to turn it back on. If the orange light's on, then your console's getting enough power. Worst case scenario would be a faulty connection.

Edit- Try disassembling the entire brick. The plug and play part and the part that connects to the console itself. If that doesn't work, then I'm thinking the power cord slot in the back of your console's messed up. (You can also try unplugging the pug and checking the connection in the back of the 360, making sure no dust or anything weird's back there. Also, make sure the connection in the back of your console isn't loose. Meaning, the slot where the plug is plugged in shouldn't be able to move. You could simply need to press it back in if it's loose) Good luck.

Avatar image for Anthonyanator06
Anthonyanator06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Anthonyanator06
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Ok. ill try.Thanks.