Only 9 Levels in Halo 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GoofyGoober88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GoofyGoober88
Member since 2007 • 61 Posts
SO the leaked Achievements lists says only 9 Levels thats gonna suck....look Halo 2 had like 14 & was short as hell & if Halo 3 is only gonna have 9 then its gonna be shorter.....unless the levels r gonna take like 3 hours each to complete which i doubt =/..does any1 else thinks this is kinda a letdown?
Iloverouge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Iloverouge
Member since 2007 • 161 Posts
halo 1 had 10 and was overwhelmly long.
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

halo 1 had 10 and was overwhelmly long.Iloverouge

i think Halo 1 was the perfect length...long but not so long its boring

Avatar image for sleepisawesome2
sleepisawesome2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 sleepisawesome2
Member since 2005 • 1367 Posts

SO the leaked Achievements lists says only 9 Levels thats gonna suck....look Halo 2 had like 14 & was short as hell & if Halo 3 is only gonna have 9 then its gonna be shorter.....unless the levels r gonna take like 3 hours each to complete which i doubt =/..does any1 else thinks this is kinda a letdown?GoofyGoober88

YEAH GOOFY TAKE THAT

halo 1 had 10 and was overwhelmly long.Iloverouge
Avatar image for HolyHandGrenad3
HolyHandGrenad3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HolyHandGrenad3
Member since 2007 • 932 Posts

SO the leaked Achievements lists says only 9 Levels thats gonna suck....look Halo 2 had like 14 & was short as hell & if Halo 3 is only gonna have 9 then its gonna be shorter.....unless the levels r gonna take like 3 hours each to complete which i doubt =/..does any1 else thinks this is kinda a letdown?GoofyGoober88

How is it a letdown? You have no idea how long these nine levels are. People will complain about everything the game doesn't even come out for a couple months and there is already a thread complaining about the single player.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts
The transitions between levels in Halo 2 really showed a lot of the story so what is to say that the transitions between levels in Halo 3 won't be 3 times longer than those of Halo 2? I think the story will be longer even with less levels. I mean hell Halo 1's library was like an hour level (first time play through). If all of Halo 3's levels are that long or longer plus perhaps longer level transition cutscenes the game could be way longer than Halo 2.
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
yeah thats right halo 3 is going to be very short and its going to suck so you shouldnt buy it...
IONz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 IONz
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts
yeah thats right halo 3 is going to be very short and its going to suck so you shouldnt buy it...
ag1002
not to mention the mediocre multiplayer of the beta. The full game is gonna suck. I'm just gonna do myself a favor and not reserve a copy of the best game of the year. :P
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts
forget the singleplayer anyways what u play it and beat it and never play it again... its all about the multiplayer in that game... if u want long single player i think halo wars is the game for u
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
halo 2 actually only had like 7 levels, caus the opening cutscene could be selected as if it was a level, and the rest where just devided into "2 halfs". besides MS has stated that the list of achievements isn't final so there could be more levels to come.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

Halo 2 only had 9 or 7 depending on how you look at it and halo:ce had 10.

You have no idea how long they are, stop complaining.

wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts

lol thats the most ho mo sig i ever seen

anyways back onto topic

halo 3 single player isnt even important cause when u finish it ure done then multi-player, which is what the game got popular for

jameeler91

thats is so not true at all. why do you think so many ppl care about the story? besides me and so many ppl i know played the first halos campaighn just as much as the MP caus the action was that much fun.

GoofyGoober88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GoofyGoober88
Member since 2007 • 61 Posts
I played Halo 1 single player like 4 times.....bymself & 3 times on harder setting in co-op = & i aint complaining jus stating 9 levels is kinda blah wow its easy to get the marks going lol
supras989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 supras989
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts

lol halo 1 was not long me and my friend finsihed it at his place about 3 yrs ago in yr 7 and we did it in 1 night, taking into mind that we werent even really into games he just happened to have an xbox and i dont think it was very hard, but i guess co-op will help you finish it quicker (definately the case when defeating RAAM on insane.... way easier on co-op)

Dreyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dreyson
Member since 2003 • 521 Posts
Well you have to remember.....this really is only the second half of Halo 2. So you put the two of them together and you get a complete game. :)
RogueEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RogueEdge
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

I played Halo 1 single player like 4 times.....bymself & 3 times on harder setting in co-op = & i aint complaining jus stating 9 levels is kinda blah wow its easy to get the marks going lolGoofyGoober88

And how do you possibly know how long a level is? You seem like a fakeboy to me out for flaimbait. There is no way you know how long a level takes to beat. So you can't complain about anything. Unless, you are infact a fakeboy.

Paper_Knife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Paper_Knife
Member since 2006 • 1592 Posts
it's not like it matters. you only play it once or twice, and then you play online for months and months.
snoz_dawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 snoz_dawg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

gears had 5. i dont really see your point.

Amit_Raj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Amit_Raj
Member since 2007 • 381 Posts

^^totally i was just abt to type that......no. of levels not imp....time to finish them is....so u cant comment on that

Rentago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#23 Rentago
Member since 2006 • 1543 Posts
[QUOTE="ag1002"]yeah thats right halo 3 is going to be very short and its going to suck so you shouldnt buy it...
IONz
not to mention the mediocre multiplayer of the beta. The full game is gonna suck. I'm just gonna do myself a favor and not reserve a copy of the best game of the year. :P

totally didn't understand above poster ^_^ Yeah I'm doing myself a favor a sticking with my friends, because 99% of the 115% population is a dick who likes to standby and find glitches and do some cheap crap to give them a cheap advantage because they stand for everything a nubcake who complains alot stands for. So I'm going to avoid ALL OF YOU and become a hermit who plays his own custom matches with like three people, because you all want to kill the game. I can't wait for someone to come out with some retarded and uninteresting game type where he tries to put Dead Rising gameplay into a game about aliens, cyborgs, and some weird none related fortress (Like Area 51) and probably turn it into a mall of goodies. I'm dissappointed about what happened to the online of halo2 and if the above made no sense I'll make it more related, Swords Only match... with plasma grenades, it turns into dodge ball. Even though that kind of ruins the point the person who can't hit you with the sword and instead always sticks you has the nerve to talk trash, when hes 7 years old and knows more than he should. If anything is going to happen, I'm in my own little low as hell gravity room with super speed and warthog demolition derby.  Cheaters like you cause people to commit suicide over frustration, Jack Thomson is coming for your asses
trexnine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 trexnine
Member since 2006 • 106 Posts
The scale of the levels should be gigantic they explain it in some of the videos of the scale or hint at it with the announcement trailer.
Mosquite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mosquite
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts

It says 9 missions not levels and in one mission can be many levels. Think them like acts in Gears Of War. (They are only 5 in GoW and still it was long enough)

Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
The scale of the levels should be gigantic they explain it in some of the videos of the scale or hint at it with the announcement trailer.trexnine

Exactly. I'm going tohesistate to say the TC has low intelligence (i.e mindless bashing)because most people who know Halo, should have seen the video documentaries or read the updates.

Bungie have commented NUMEROUS times on the scale of this game. Back to Halo's roots I'd say. It's going to be massive and I can't wait for it!
Schumi7WDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Schumi7WDC
Member since 2004 • 1689 Posts

This is just so pointless worrying about the fact that it appears that the game will only have 9 missions.I mean first of all, what are we really expecting this to be, this maybe Halo, and it may be the finally and everybody wants a lot, but you still have to be realistic, I'm much more a fan of single player than MP, so I want as long a campaign as anyone, but we have to be realistic, We aren't going to get some 25 hour mega campaign, it ain't gonna happen ever.

Even if this game is a monster epic, and huge in scale and a long story, we still are gonna be lucky if the game tops much more than 15 hours. It's a shooter, and 8-12 is pretty much the scope of what we get, so if they can pull off a 14-16 hour campaign, I think everyone should be thrilled, and there is no reason that 9 missions can't have that kind of length. Honestly anyone who has ever played a shooter campaign should know that you cannot judge length of campaign by how many missions there are, it all depends on layout.

Just to give some reference, Rainbow 6 Lockdown on the xbox, had 14 or 15 missions, but you could beat each one in maybe a half an hour, so you ended up with a short game, Gears of War had only 5 missions, but managed a game length of 7 or 8 hours, so if they would have managed 9 missions, we would have had a really nice long campaign probably in the 12 to 14 hour mark. Look at Lost Planet, one mission you would have a 45 minute or more monster voyage through a huge landscape, and then the next mission would be a 5 minute boss fight. You just never know, just shut up and wait until the game comes out and give it a chance before you start complaining about it.

The bottom line is that Bungie knows people complained about how short the Halo 2 campaign was, they have essentially delayed the game nearly a full year from when people first thought we would see it, in order to add to it, make it longer and more enjoyable. Bungie have constantly stated this game will be bigger in scale and in depth to Halo 2, and on top of all that, if those pics we saw a while back are right, the game could be on 2 seperate discs, and that surely speaks to how large it must be.

Clinton015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#28 Clinton015
Member since 2005 • 9039 Posts
halo 1 had 10 and there prolly isnt an achivement for the last on since it is beating the game
djc509

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 djc509
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts
hopfully it will not be to short or it would be a waste of money, i hope they havent concentrated on the online play to much and forgot the story or offline modes and id it gona be 2 player story offline like halo 2
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts

Anything longer than a 4 hour campaign is too long. ;)

::Insert Sarcasm Here::

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

As you point out - the levels could be extremely long with super huge maps - I'm sure the game will satisfy just fine. :)

blackdragn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blackdragn
Member since 2005 • 203 Posts
Yea man, there is no use in complaing about the length of the game since you have no idea how long each level is. Bullet Witch is a good example. It only had 6 levels, but each level was long as H377. :)
Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
A pretty pointless thread this one ... I have to say any concerns are only concerns when I get the game!