Online Connectivity

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Jmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Jmac
Member since 2006 • 278 Posts

Hey all,

Planning on getting a 360 with my tax refund cheque in a few weeks (FINALLY).  Had some trouble connecting the Wii to the wireless router in my house, and had to opt for the USB connector into the computer. 

Is Xbox Live easy to connect to a wireless router, even with some firewalls and stuff on it?  I probably need the network key, correct?  (dont have the network key anymore...got the router a few years ago)

What would be my best bet to MAKE SURE I can jump on Xbox Live with minimal headaches...I was thinking the wall-plug network extender, so I can just go straight into the Xbox (might be easiest), but what would be your guys/girls' advice?

Thanks Gamers,

SwirvyIrvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 SwirvyIrvy
Member since 2006 • 343 Posts
I have mine connected to a router with the ethernet cable which came with the 360...just remember to follow the guide in the manual...so many people have said 'cant get onto xbox live cant fidn the ip' remmeber make sure eveythings off before you connect INCLUDING the router...just in case you never knew...so many how can i put this....idiots out there who dont read the manual Hope i helped :) Oh btw my friend has his on wireless and his just connected straight away, he had no problems, he just kept everything on automatic =)
The_Jmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 The_Jmac
Member since 2006 • 278 Posts
Sweet, thanks. I hope I dont have firewall problems, or need the network key. But I hope it all works out well.