Online achievements...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aftermath6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Aftermath6
Member since 2004 • 606 Posts

Am I the only one who is extremely frustrated with the online achievements...

I think it makes much more sense for the achievements to be in the single player format.

Am I completely off base with thinking that??

outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts
what do u mean like u want to get 1000 points in a multiplayer game but u suck at it and could never get the full 1000...cause thats what happenend to me and gears of war....the seriously... achievement is impossible for me and thats the one i only need.
Master-blobby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Master-blobby
Member since 2007 • 528 Posts
There are single and multiplayer achievements wich is how it should be its very fun and challanging to get achievemnts online.
benjovi-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 benjovi-uk
Member since 2006 • 43 Posts

There are single and multiplayer achievements wich is how it should be its very fun and challanging to get achievemnts online.Master-blobby

It's a great idea for both, but what about the other 4 million without live? Ouch... 

Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts

....what?

Master-blobby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Master-blobby
Member since 2007 • 528 Posts

[QUOTE="Master-blobby"]There are single and multiplayer achievements wich is how it should be its very fun and challanging to get achievemnts online.benjovi-uk

It's a great idea for both, but what about the other 4 million without live? Ouch... 

Its another way to make more xbox live clients I suppose ou cant get 1000pts out of 1000pts if you dont have live.

Aftermath6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Aftermath6

Not only does not everyone have live (which I do)...but the online achievements just seem a little overboard...especially the GOW achievements...it would just take forever to get those achievements and i'm not a huge fan of GOW online...but I do not suck at any of the games online...i would just rather play single player games.

TheUnionFrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 TheUnionFrag
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts
The only complaints I have are the Vegas MP achievements - which seem to make up most of the score. GRAW 2 and other games I can understand - because the MP is absolutely fantastic, but Vegas is a game which me and my mates just prefer to pick up and have a bit of fun on.
TraXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 TraXxX
Member since 2006 • 1820 Posts
I hate some of the online achievemnts, mostly in sports and fighting games that you have to win like 15 games in a row.
The_Crowing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 The_Crowing
Member since 2005 • 1189 Posts

[QUOTE="Master-blobby"]There are single and multiplayer achievements wich is how it should be its very fun and challanging to get achievemnts online.benjovi-uk

Why would you care about achievements if you had no where to show them off?

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

Am I the only one who is extremely frustrated with the online achievements...

I think it makes much more sense for the achievements to be in the single player format.

Am I completely off base with thinking that??

Aftermath6

I'd agree, but I think some developers need to lower some of the criteria of achievement points-- I am not saying make them 'easier' but have less time achieveing them, because not everyone has time. I own all three next-generation consoles and I just don't have time for one specific console, because theres so many other games I'd like to play, and lack of time(job, and a girlfriend) to deal with that stuff. 

10,000 kills I think is one achievement point for Gears of War online-- are you kidding me? And also give more damn gamerpoints. I played "Master" setting the highest one on Ultimate MK3 reached Shao Khan beat him, and only got 22 points! If I would have known that I would have just beaten the 'Novice" setting, I thought you'd get more points the higher the difficulty.

Aftermath6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Aftermath6

I think you are right about them being time consuming...but if you don't have the time then it might not be for you...I was not saying that achievements are time consuming (which of course they can be if you make them)...I was saying that i don't like games that have half single player/half online achievements...i think there should be more single player achievements...maybe like an 80/20 ratio would be good.

alsha3er78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 alsha3er78
Member since 2005 • 812 Posts
they are nothing more than braging rights.  to me the more achievements you have the less live you have!
alsha3er78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 alsha3er78
Member since 2005 • 812 Posts

they are nothing more than braging rights.  to me the more achievements you have the less live you have!alsha3er78

live=life!

cammonag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 cammonag
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts

there should be a mix so its more challenging , if you like single player achievements you should go play king kong , easy 100 there :)