OMFG, My city name is bad according to M$

• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gdogghenrikson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 gdogghenrikson
Member since 2005 • 3028 Posts
No joke, I cant put Coon Rapids, MN for my location on my gamer tag, yet I says it on my Contact Info. LOL
gdogghenrikson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gdogghenrikson

what, look it up, Coon Rapids MN is a real place

http://www.ci.coon-rapids.mn.us/

Avatar image for comebackkid1701
comebackkid1701

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 comebackkid1701
Member since 2007 • 165 Posts
It is I live in Minnesota as well to back this up!
GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 GEARSofWAR360
Member since 2006 • 1405 Posts
Call micosoft and cuss them out because that's some BS right there.
gdogghenrikson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gdogghenrikson

Call micosoft and cuss them out because that's some BS right there.GEARSofWAR360

not worth it, it is only my gamertag info and I have those blank

GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GEARSofWAR360

[QUOTE="GEARSofWAR360"]Call micosoft and cuss them out because that's some BS right there.gdogghenrikson

I think it is worth it. Stand up for your rights as an American. I think it's pretty funny how white people get blamed for racism all the time when there's all kinds of racist things black people say, and don't get in trouble for.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
[QUOTE="gdogghenrikson"]

[QUOTE="GEARSofWAR360"]Call micosoft and cuss them out because that's some BS right there.GEARSofWAR360

I think it is worth it. Stand up for your rights as an American. I think it's pretty funny how white people get blamed for racism all the time when there's all kinds of racist things black people say, and don't get in trouble for.

White people aren't liked anymore. If you don't treat black people better than white people it's racism. I don't know whatever happened to equal right but now white people need it.

mrcong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 mrcong
Member since 2007 • 3929 Posts

This is the society we live in...Crazy, isnt it?

This is a world where Barack Obama can run for President and be taken seriously.

morpheusnj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 morpheusnj
Member since 2004 • 1943 Posts
[QUOTE="mrcong"]

This is a world where Barack Obama can run for President and be taken seriously.

craigalan23

haha.. sucks having the middle name of someone the US hates. eh?

Exactly since he used to give speeches with a man that sent bombs to people and police stations.. After i heard that i gave up on the political system.

defiant3279

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 defiant3279
Member since 2007 • 699 Posts
[QUOTE="gdogghenrikson"]

[QUOTE="GEARSofWAR360"]Call micosoft and cuss them out because that's some BS right there.GEARSofWAR360

As much as I agree with you, If a white guy stands up and says he is being treated unfairly because of his race, he himself will be branded a racist. It's crap but I've seen it too many times. It doesn't matter if the black person started it or what he said because apparently the law doesn't want to get involved. If you label a black person a racist, someone like Rev. Al Sharpton will just rush to the scene in hopes of getting some TV time, spouting out words of racism and hate and he'll be branded a "defender of justice" for it. The government thinks it better not to get involved because it will most likely cause black population to riot. Remember the Los Angeles Riots of 1992? Wo's is too say they won't do it again?

GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GEARSofWAR360
[QUOTE="GEARSofWAR360"][QUOTE="gdogghenrikson"]

[QUOTE="GEARSofWAR360"]Call micosoft and cuss them out because that's some BS right there.defiant3279

As much as I agree with you, If a white guy stands up and says he is being treated unfairly because of his race, he himself will be branded a racist. It's crap but I've seen it too many times. It doesn't matter if the black person started it or what he said because apparently the law doesn't want to get involved. If you label a black person a racist, someone like Rev. Al Sharpton will just rush to the scene in hopes of getting some TV time, spouting out words of racism and hate and he'll be branded a "defender of justice" for it. The government thinks it better not to get involved because it will most likely cause black population to riot. Remember the Los Angeles Riots of 1992? Wo's is too say they won't do it again?

Exactly, and it's ridiculous. Who says white people can't have a civil rights movement. It might happen depending on what Obama does if he's president.
Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
i found that hilarious and absurd man. I hate that I can't put anything Christian in my motto or bio but other people can but Satan and 666 and Devil in theirs. So I just file a complaint on everyone that has something like that in their gamertag. If God offends some people, doesn't Satan offend some people (hopefully a lot more). I'd def call and give MS a piece of my mind, even though it won't do any good. Or at least send an email.
Avatar image for luigismansion101
luigismansion101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 luigismansion101
Member since 2003 • 733 Posts
I agree with the above guys too. blacks always scream racism when they are offended by anything, but at the cost of the white person. our society has changed from white>black to black>white, why can't they just make it black=white and be happy. It's just a skin color, and no one should feel different because of it. Blacks have a BET, whites don't have a WET. Blacks have NAACP, but we don't have NAAWP. affirmative action forces employers to hire a colored person with the same credentials as a white person because he is black. The race issue should have been solved in the days of Washington and Jefferson, but unfortunately it's still not solved in the Bush and most likely Obama eras.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
I doubt Obama will win after saying Oprah's going to be his vice president that was just sad. I hope McCain wins or jeez i'd rather Hilary win. I'll be voting for Mccain for president.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
OK, you all should really chill-out and stop with the black people this black people that, when white people weren't the ones enslaved for many many years (and still suffer extreme racism whether you wanna acknowledge it or not)..so please get over the non-sense!! Can we please leave these topics for the Fox News Channel and keep our gaming world free of the ridiculous politics of the world? This thread should be closed!!
thizelle11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thizelle11
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
why would you vote for mccain? have you even researched any of the candidates? its the f***ing leader of our country we are talking about. your saying you dont like obama for some stupid ass reasons like hes gonna create an anti white movement or "he used to make speeches with people that would send people bombs" can you explain what that means please? oprah being vice president? what??? mccain???? are you serious??? 100 more years in iraq??? thats what you want.. i really need to get out of this country i hope all of you who vote for mccain die a painful and slow death much like our bill of rights is sufferering right now.
Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts

Well you guys are not black, and don't understand what it's like to be harassed by people because of your skin color, our world is totally different from yours, most white people have no validation for hate toward black people, yet they do it anyway.

Its kind of weird when people that don't know you stereotype you before they even get to know you.

Take me for example I'm black but I'm not GaNgSta and I dress some what middle class casual, I speak very proper to people and im willing to help anyone that helps me.

When I go out to store or what ever you should see how many "white ladies" start grabbing their purses like im going to steal it or something or the looks I get from some people when I walk in small stores.

I basically get grouped in with the black people that do stupid s**t on tv and the media just pounds it in to peoples head that all blacks steal and what not.

Now im not saying that's raciest, im not even saying I got a problem with that because honestly I don't care, its just that I wish all people would stop stereotyping people before you even get to know them. Not all black's are bad, not all whites are crazy and im sure not all Mexicans like taco's I mean hell I don't know.

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dub_c6969

Well you guys are not black, and don't understand what it's like to be harassed by people because of your skin color, our world is totally different from yours, most white people have no validation for hate toward black people, yet they do it anyway.

Its kind of weird when people that don't know you stereotype you before they even get to know you.

Take me for example I'm black but I'm not GaNgSta, I dress some what middle class casual, I speak very proper to people and im willing to help anyone that helps me.

When I go out to store or what ever you should see how many "white ladies" start grabbing their purses like im going to steal it or something or the looks I get from some people when I walk in small stores.

I basically get grouped in with the black people that do stupid s**t on tv and the media just pounds it in to peoples head that all blacks steal and what not.

Now im not saying that's raciest, im not even saying I got a problem with that because honestly I don't care, its just that I wish all people would stop stereotyping people before you even get to know them. Not all black's are bad, not all whites are crazy and im sure not all Mexicans like taco's I mean hell I don't know.

YoungRome32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 YoungRome32
Member since 2004 • 423 Posts

People have got to face it the whole world is basically racist, no matter if ur black yellow pink white green orange blue. Racism is the equivelent of world hunger. Everybody wants to stop it but it cant be stopped

ya i think thats messed up that u cant put ur adress but xbox has that code of conduct and coon doesnt really sound like a swear word but in microsoft's eyes it is???

bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts

Take me for example I'm black but I'm not GaNgSta, I dress some what middle class casual, I speak very proper to people and im willing to help anyone that helps me.

Dub_c6969
I don't know that it is necessarily fair to say that most white people hate black people. That's exactly the same stereotyping that you're complaining about. To affect change in the world you have to start with yourself. I know what it is like to be judged simply by the color of my skin and I'm not black. Racism affects everyone.
sly_fiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sly_fiz
Member since 2007 • 563 Posts
as the late Martin Luthur King Jr. once said, "The Black Heritage is not one of choice, but one just like the white bretheren are born unto. What that individual does in their life will affect the world more than the color of their skin"

Racism is pretty bad in America still, but i think a lot of different races are paranoid about it and think EVERYTHING is racist nowadays : /
Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dub_c6969
[QUOTE="Dub_c6969"]

bdhoff
I don't know that it is necessarily fair to say that most white people hate black people. That's exactly the same stereotyping that you're complaining about. To affect change in the world you have to start with yourself. I know what it is like to be judged simply by the color of my skin and I'm not black. Racism affects everyone.[/QUOTE

Can i ask you what do you mean start with my self?

I'm not racist by any means and im not saying ALL whites hate blacks its just that i see so much hate towards us but for what, I mean the white man did bring us over here to work fields and what not, and when i get on xbox all i hear sometimes is go back to Africa or N word this N word that, I mean aren't we the ones suppose to be hating you?

Most black people I hang around don't even mention white people yet when we go in to a HALO lobby all we hear mostly is white people talking about blacks or they will start when they hear us, and for what reason I don't know, do you guys think we just sit around and crack white people jokes all day well we don't.

you people.
Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dub_c6969
[QUOTE="Dub_c6969"]

bdhoff
I don't know that it is necessarily fair to say that most white people hate black people. That's exactly the same stereotyping that you're complaining about. To affect change in the world you have to start with yourself. I know what it is like to be judged simply by the color of my skin and I'm not black. Racism affects everyone.

I'm not racist by any means and im not saying ALL whites hate blacks its just that i see so much hate towards us but for what, I mean the white man did bring us over here to work fields and what not, and when i get on xbox all i hear sometimes is go back to Africa or N word this N word that, I mean aren't we the ones suppose to be hating you?

Most black people I hang around don't even mention white people yet when we go in to a HALO lobby all we hear mostly is white people talking about blacks or they will start when they hear us, and for what reason I don't know, do you guys think we just sit around and crack white people jokes all day well we don't.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

I don't know what to say in response to half the posts in this thread.

I'm too busy shaking my head in disgust at the blatant lack of intelligence put forth by many. Like saying that you hate Obama because he joked about making Oprah his Vice President? So you hate Obama because he has a sense of humor?

Besides, this topic was about Microsoft's automatic censoring tools equiped on Live. Certain words are considered racist and "Coon" is a rasist slang. It is however also a legitimate place, so if you simply contact Microsoft, they can fix the block preventing you from putting your hometown in your profile. Not that big a deal.

Avatar image for Enraged_Bannana
Enraged_Bannana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Enraged_Bannana
Member since 2008 • 671 Posts
[QUOTE="gdogghenrikson"]

i know what you mean. there is a kid at my school, who is black, and calls a bunch of white kids crackers. if i said anything i would get it so much trouble

Enraged_Bannana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Enraged_Bannana

I agree with the above guys too. blacks always scream racism when they are offended by anything, but at the cost of the white person. our society has changed from white>black to black>white, why can't they just make it black=white and be happy. It's just a skin color, and no one should feel different because of it. Blacks have a BET, whites don't have a WET. Blacks have NAACP, but we don't have NAAWP. affirmative action forces employers to hire a colored person with the same credentials as a white person because he is black. The race issue should have been solved in the days of Washington and Jefferson, but unfortunately it's still not solved in the Bush and most likely Obama eras.luigismansion101

your right about that bet wet thing. i was thinking about that one day

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11926 Posts
I guarantee it's because of the Coon part. Not that it makes it any less silly to take it that far, but that's just how it is.nosferatu
I'm sure it is, but that is still no excuse for them not recogtnizing an entire town.
Enraged_Bannana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Enraged_Bannana
[QUOTE="bdhoff"][QUOTE="Dub_c6969"]

Dub_c6969

on xbl i only here black men call each other the n word. i never heard a white man on xbl call a black man the n word

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dub_c6969
[QUOTE="Dub_c6969"][QUOTE="bdhoff"][QUOTE="Dub_c6969"]

Enraged_Bannana

on xbl i only here black men call each other the n word. i never heard a white man on xbl call a black man the n word

LOL oooooooooooooooook.
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts

wth, what kinda of town do you live in?

jk

actually i find it funny that your town has the word "coon" in it, im just glad i dont live there

magdalene1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 magdalene1
Member since 2006 • 407 Posts

Dub_c6969

This is one of the most thoughtful, intelligent, and understanding statements that I have ever read on the topic of race. I can't believe I read it in a video game forum. Amen!

Firex777x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Firex777x
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

I doubt Obama will win after saying Oprah's going to be his vice president that was just sad. I hope McCain wins or jeez i'd rather Hilary win. I'll be voting for Mccain for president.craigalan23

i second that

Firex777x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Firex777x
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

I doubt Obama will win after saying Oprah's going to be his vice president that was just sad. I hope McCain wins or jeez i'd rather Hilary win. I'll be voting for Mccain for president.craigalan23

i second that

nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts
[QUOTE="mrcong"]

craigalan23

Exactly since he used to give speeches with a man that sent bombs to people and police stations.. After i heard that i gave up on the political system.

wow. ignorance is bliss. you ignorant, unitelligent, wastes of flesh.
darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts
[QUOTE="Enraged_Bannana"][QUOTE="Dub_c6969"][QUOTE="bdhoff"][QUOTE="Dub_c6969"]

Dub_c6969

LOL oooooooooooooooook.

I don't think your XBL problem is from hate so much as obnoxiousness. If something distinguishes you from the crowd people just jump on it because they think it's funny. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying well...it's the internet.

Pete5506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#42 Pete5506
Member since 2006 • 10112 Posts

No joke, I cant put Coon Rapids, MN for my location on my gamer tag, yet I says it on my Contact Info. LOL gdogghenrikson

LOL.........I live in Hastings MN and well coon rapids is not the best city

nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts

People on this thread are extremely uninformed. Also, they focus there attention on only the facts that make their argument valid.

Avatar image for RollingZeppelin
RollingZeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RollingZeppelin
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts

I wonder where the people beofore me got their facts about Obama. Most likely fox news. If you think fox news is a legitimate news stations than you are horribly ignorant and need to look for the true deninition of an unbiased news report. I live in canada and Im pretty sure i have a more informed opinion on the presidential candidates than most americans.

I do believe afirmative action is wrong though. It's anti-racism, but it's still a form of racism. Now instead of black people getting looked over because of their skin colour, now it's white people. We deserve equal treatment just as much as the next guy and affirmative action is just another form of racial discrimination.

I hope Obama wins. America needs to open their eyes and see that their civil liberties and constitutional rights and getting destroyed slowely but surely by the republicans. If you want your country to stay a democracy then you need a democrat in office.

sly_fiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sly_fiz
Member since 2007 • 563 Posts

How bout that PS3, and Wii? :DIronhorse001

this is the 360 forums YOU RACIST!

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I wonder where the people beofore me got their facts about Obama. Most likely fox news. If you think fox news is a legitimate news stations than you are horribly ignorant and need to look for the true deninition of an unbiased news report. I live in canada and Im pretty sure i have a more informed opinion on the presidential candidates than most americans.

I do believe afirmative action is wrong though. It's anti-racism, but it's still a form of racism. Now instead of black people getting looked over because of their skin colour, now it's white people. We deserve equal treatment just as much as the next guy and affirmative action is just another form of racial discrimination.

I hope Obama wins. America needs to open their eyes and see that their civil liberties and constitutional rights and getting destroyed slowely but surely by the republicans. If you want your country to stay a democracy then you need a democrat in office.

RollingZeppelin

I don't really like any of the candidates for the upcoming election. I definitely have no reason to hate one over the other.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

RollingZeppelin

Obama wont be protecting your rights if he does happen to get prechosen for president. Get ready to lose more rights, and get ready to say goodbye to your guns if you have them. Same goes for Hitlery though, shes every bit as bad, if not worse. Actually all 3 pretty much equal prolonged war (a new war with Iran) and loss of liberty. Thats just me though, I feel that all 3 are the most laughably FAKE candidates I have seen in a long while. However America just seems to eat it up, programming FTW!

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

RollingZeppelin

Obama wont be protecting your rights if he does happen to get prechosen for president. Get ready to lose more rights, and get ready to say goodbye to more of your gun rights if you own weapons. Same goes for Hitlery though, shes every bit as bad, if not worse. Actually all 3 pretty much equal prolonged war (a new war with Iran) and loss of liberty. Thats just me though, I feel that all 3 are the most laughably FAKE candidates I have seen in a long while. However America just seems to eat it up, programming FTW!

zellwood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 zellwood69
Member since 2008 • 224 Posts
xbox and MS are going nuts my brother had to change his gamertag that he had for over a year and it was nothing. it just shows how easy people get upset over nothing these days.