Oblivion Rumors!! New Elder Scrolls??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GT_VoodooChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GT_VoodooChild
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts

hey guys... i know that fallout 3 has caught just about everyones attentionand the new expansion just came out but i have heard rumors about a NEW obilvion Exapansion! but rumors will be rumors...

speaking of rumors... bethesda Announced an Elder Scrolls MMORPG back in 06 so we will see what happens...

opinions? Thoughts? Questions?

WEINER-GOBLIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 WEINER-GOBLIN
Member since 2009 • 154 Posts
There will be NO MMORPG, and no new Oblivion expansion. The next Elder Scrolls will come out in 2010, and will be set in Skyrim, home of the Nords.
Carnifex726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Carnifex726
Member since 2008 • 407 Posts

if the new elder scrolls is successful, I bet Bethesda would hop the MMO train and make an Elder scrolls MMORPG. That would be the greatest game ever created, period

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#4 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
They're prepping ES5, so I see no reason why Oblivion would get anything new, especially since they haven't released anything for it in over a year.
Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

if the new elder scrolls is successful, I bet Bethesda would hop the MMO train and make an Elder scrolls MMORPG. That would be the greatest game ever created, period

Carnifex726

That is a really stupid idea.

WEINER-GOBLIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WEINER-GOBLIN

Carnifex726
I disagree 100%. I think they should make some online play so that you could assemble a group of some of your friends, maybe 4 or 5 and go around doing quests. I just don't think an MMORPG would work well with TES or the Xbox 360.
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts
Bethesda already said they are working Elder Scrolls 5 and Fallout: New Vegas, that they are done with expansions for both Fallout 3 and Oblivion, and that the MMO has been canceled.
seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

There will be NO MMORPG, and no new Oblivion expansion. The next Elder Scrolls will come out in 2010, and will be set in Skyrim, home of the Nords.WEINER-GOBLIN

Let me fix this for you:

"I'm assuming that the next Elder Scrolls will come out in 2010, and I'm assuming it will be set in Skyrim, home of the Nords. However, I have absolutely nothing to back any of that up, I'm plain guessing."

Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ilikemyname420

[QUOTE="WEINER-GOBLIN"]There will be NO MMORPG, and no new Oblivion expansion. The next Elder Scrolls will come out in 2010, and will be set in Skyrim, home of the Nords.seankane

Let me fix this for you:

"I'm assuming that the next Elder Scrolls will come out in 2010, and I'm assuming it will be set in Skyrim, home of the Nords. However, I have absolutely nothing to back any of that up, I'm plain guessing."

Bethesda said ES5 is planned for a 2010 release and they have also trademarked the name Skyrim....pretty educated 'guess' if you ask me.
TheSoundSystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheSoundSystem
Member since 2009 • 133 Posts

[QUOTE="WEINER-GOBLIN"]There will be NO MMORPG, and no new Oblivion expansion. The next Elder Scrolls will come out in 2010, and will be set in Skyrim, home of the Nords.seankane

Let me fix this for you:

Thank you!

Though Bethesda have said themselves that TES:V will come in 2010, WEINER have no clue.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
no more expansions for Oblivion, and the next Elder Scrolls game is likely to be Skyrim since that is the name they copyrighted and secured the rights for the web address.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
I hope it isn't an MMO. Not my type of style.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Bethesda Game Studios is likely working on Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and ZeniMax Online is in preproduction for an Elder Scrolls MMORPG. Two separate companies with the same parent company.
WEINER-GOBLIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WEINER-GOBLIN
[QUOTE="Ilikemyname420"][QUOTE="seankane"]

There will be NO MMORPG, and no new Oblivion expansion. The next Elder Scrolls will come out in 2010, and will be set in Skyrim, home of the Nords.WEINER-GOBLIN

Let me fix this for you:

Bethesda said ES5 is planned for a 2010 release and they have also trademarked the name Skyrim....pretty educated 'guess' if you ask me.

Thanks for the backup. lol
BenBenBen93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 BenBenBen93
Member since 2007 • 828 Posts

It's common knowledge that bethseda are looking into TES5. I.E working the story, making design decisions ect. but that is at a very low cost. they will need to secure funding before they make their game. i mean even for those expansion pack for fallout 3 they still waited for funding off Microsoft to make them. they are a very clever ferm who will not jump into anything.

as for an MMORPG. its simply NO! there is no room in the story or lore for millions of Heros all togeter at te same time.

They could happily but a trading post are where you can trade with millions of people or have spells which allow you do something multiplayer-ish but as for MMORPG Big NO!

Fallout new vagas i being developed by a diffrent company an will not effect the production of TES5 or fallout 4.

and as for me. they will most likely morrowind or High Rock and/or Hammerfell. with summerset isles as he main downloadable content in similar fashion as Shivering isles.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KC_Hokie
Since when has Zenimax, Bethesda's parent company, had to 'wait for funding'? They are loaded with cash right now. The Elder Scrolls V is fully funded and in top gear right now.
BenBenBen93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BenBenBen93
Since when has Zenimax, Bethesda's parent company, had to 'wait for funding'? They are loaded with cash right now. The Elder Scrolls V is fully funded and in top gear right now. KC_Hokie
they want to make profit from their games an will not spend a penny of their money until they have secured funding from somewhere. i.e 2K funded oblivion. even though they knew it was probably going to be their bet financial success to date they didn't spend there own money. fallout 3 was a one off chance to test if they could make million of pound which they did. but were still to scared to spend money on DLC? that only cost fractions to make compared to he main game.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Since when has Zenimax, Bethesda's parent company, had to 'wait for funding'? They are loaded with cash right now. The Elder Scrolls V is fully funded and in top gear right now. BenBenBen93
they want to make profit from their games an will not spend a penny of their money until they have secured funding from somewhere. i.e 2K funded oblivion. even though they knew it was probably going to be their bet financial success to date they didn't spend there own money. fallout 3 was a one off chance to test if they could make million of pound which they did. but were still to scared to spend money on DLC? that only cost fractions to make compared to he main game.

ZeniMax and Bethesda are now investors because of their success. They don't need to wait for investors. They just bought id by the way...which was HUGE purchase and are now publishing many upcoming games.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

[QUOTE="BenBenBen93"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Since when has Zenimax, Bethesda's parent company, had to 'wait for funding'? They are loaded with cash right now. The Elder Scrolls V is fully funded and in top gear right now. KC_Hokie

ZeniMax and Bethesda are now investors because of their success. They don't need to wait for investors. They just bought id by the way...which was HUGE purchase and are now publishing many upcoming games.

I was just about to say that.
BenBenBen93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BenBenBen93

[QUOTE="BenBenBen93"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Since when has Zenimax, Bethesda's parent company, had to 'wait for funding'? They are loaded with cash right now. The Elder Scrolls V is fully funded and in top gear right now. KC_Hokie

so huge they don't have much money left
lman013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lman013
Member since 2007 • 1166 Posts

They won't make a MMO.. Then we would have to pay for a membership and that would get nasty. TES is perfect how it is. I love oblivion and will love the 5th.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="BenBenBen93"]they want to make profit from their games an will not spend a penny of their money until they have secured funding from somewhere. i.e 2K funded oblivion. even though they knew it was probably going to be their bet financial success to date they didn't spend there own money. fallout 3 was a one off chance to test if they could make million of pound which they did. but were still to scared to spend money on DLC? that only cost fractions to make compared to he main game. BenBenBen93

Your neat personal theories and the facts seem to be in conflict.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KC_Hokie

They won't make a MMO.. Then we would have to pay for a membership and that would get nasty. TES is perfect how it is. I love oblivion and will love the 5th.

lman013
ZeniMax online was created to make MMOs and one of the websites they own is called Elderscrollsonline.com and they own the rights to Star Trek and Elder Scrolls so their MMO will be one of those. Bethesda Game Studios, their sister company, is working on Elder Scrolls V.
NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts

Let me fix this for you:

WEINER-GOBLIN

Thanks for the backup. lol

If it WILL be set in Skyrim, that'd be awesome. But who knows, this guy probably doesn't know anything.

Meejoe27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Meejoe27
Member since 2009 • 786 Posts

New elder scrolls?

Please

1.Don'tscaleenemies to the players level.

2. Bring back the flight and jump spells from morrowwind.

That's all i ask.

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 seankane

[QUOTE="seankane"]

[QUOTE="WEINER-GOBLIN"]There will be NO MMORPG, and no new Oblivion expansion. The next Elder Scrolls will come out in 2010, and will be set in Skyrim, home of the Nords.Ilikemyname420

Let me fix this for you:

Unless they're already hard at work on it, then we wont see it in 2010. Games like that simply take more than a year to develop.

Also, can you show me a link where they said this?

As for 'Skyrim' being trademarked, that doesn't mean the new game will be set there. There's other reasons people trademark names, ya know.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KC_Hokie

Unless they're already hard at work on it, then we wont see it in 2010. Games like that simply take more than a year to develop.

As for 'Skyrim' being trademarked, that doesn't mean the new game will be set there. There's other reasons people trademark names, ya know.

seankane

Bethesda has two development teams and the next Elder Scrolls game started preproduction immediately after Oblivion. And I bet the majority of both teams have been working on the next Elder Scrolls game since Fallout 3 came out. Only a small team was likely working on the Fallout DLC.

GT_VoodooChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GT_VoodooChild

New elder scrolls?

Please

That's all i ask.

Meejoe27
GT_VoodooChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GT_VoodooChild

New elder scrolls?

Please

That's all i ask.

Meejoe27

i can definately say i strongly agree with option 1...

as for 2, i havent played marrowind..

GT_VoodooChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GT_VoodooChild

And as for thethread...

thanks you guys for all of your well-researched and false information!

this thread was more successful than i thought it would be, i will be posting more in the near future!

thnks!

~GT VoodooChild~

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 seankane

[QUOTE="seankane"]Unless they're already hard at work on it, then we wont see it in 2010. Games like that simply take more than a year to develop.

KC_Hokie

Bethesda has two development teams and the next Elder Scrolls game started preproduction immediately after Oblivion. And I bet the majority of both teams have been working on the next Elder Scrolls game since Fallout 3 came out. Only a small team was likely working on the Fallout DLC.

Again, can anyone give me a link to where any of this stuff you guys are saying is confirmed?

I'm sorry, but this is the internet, and I certainly dont automatically believe everything I hear.

Golightsaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Golightsaber
Member since 2009 • 39 Posts
OMFGFGFG! I will be Crossing my fingers, Stalking Todd Howard, and casting Frenzy on my cat until such a game comes out. So for Todd and Kiko's sake, Make it soon.... I'll be waiting.
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ilikemyname420

Let me fix this for you:

seankane

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2008/10/bethesda-wants/

And yeah there could be some other reason for trademarking the name "skyrim'...but it seems unlikely considering they trademarked oblivion, and morrowind in a similar secritive fashion....and now they're making a new game.

LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LeGoofyGoober
Member since 2009 • 3168 Posts

there is no oblivion expansion in the works. bethesda stated they would stop making DLC/expansions for Oblivion a while ago. they shifted their focus to Fallout 3, and now that the last DLC for Fallout 3 is released, they'll probably start working on ESV.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="seankane"]Unless they're already hard at work on it, then we wont see it in 2010. Games like that simply take more than a year to develop.

seankane

Again, can anyone give me a link to where any of this stuff you guys are saying is confirmed?

I'm sorry, but this is the internet, and I certainly dont automatically believe everything I hear.

In July 2004 Todd Howard (Executive producer of Oblivion, Morrowind and Fallout) said, "we have been expanding our group and prepping for our 'second project,' and this is it. It really helps to have multiple projects going for a studio, as it allows us to move staff around at key times." The first project turned out to be Oblivion. And in Jan. 2007 Todd Howard said, "We started work (on Fallout 3) in late 2004 with a few people. We only had about 10 people on it until Oblivion wrapped, but most of our staff is on it now."

Those two quotes confirm that Bethesda has two development teams and two months before Shivering Isles came out most of the staff was working on Fallout 3. So I suspect a small number of people were working on the Fallout 3 DLC for the past few months with the majority of Bethesda working on the next Elder Scrolls game.

Rohan1627

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rohan1627
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="BenBenBen93"]they want to make profit from their games an will not spend a penny of their money until they have secured funding from somewhere. i.e 2K funded oblivion. even though they knew it was probably going to be their bet financial success to date they didn't spend there own money. fallout 3 was a one off chance to test if they could make million of pound which they did. but were still to scared to spend money on DLC? that only cost fractions to make compared to he main game. BenBenBen93

with all due respect, your a moron. why would a major game company like Bethesda buy out a company if it would cause them to go bankrupt as well. Way to use your brain, dumbass.