Oblivion GOTY Edition Save File Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

d_rios48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 d_rios48
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts
Ok, I own the original Oblivion and I was thinking about getting the GOTY Version, my save game's level is 24 and i don't want to lose it, so does a save file from the original transfer over to the GOTY Version?
AnGeLaXl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 AnGeLaXl
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts
well,as long as the actual disk for the "GOTY edition" is the same thing.it should find your old data in your memory card when you try to load the game,but im only 75% sure about that
thekidmrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thekidmrj
Member since 2004 • 200 Posts
I suppose you could buy me the GoTY edition, and I could tell you afterwards, but that seems the long way to find out your answer.
eterpay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 eterpay
Member since 2005 • 334 Posts
Ok, I own the original Oblivion and I was thinking about getting the GOTY Version, my save game's level is 24 and i don't want to lose it, so does a save file from the original transfer over to the GOTY Version?d_rios48
i am 95% sure it does
PassageD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PassageD
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts

GOTY Oblivion = Original Oblivion (Disc 1) + Two Expansions (Disc 2)

The only new aspect of it is Disc 2, which involves you inserting the disc, installing the two expansion packs to your hard drive, and putting the disc back into its case where you'll probably never need to use it again (unless by some unfortunate event your hard drive gets reformatted).

So basically, you're good. (I think.)

pixiecheats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pixiecheats
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

GOTY Oblivion = Original Oblivion (Disc 1) + Two Expansions (Disc 2)

The only new aspect of it is Disc 2, which involves you inserting the disc, installing the two expansion packs to your hard drive, and putting the disc back into its case where you'll probably never need to use it again (unless by some unfortunate event your hard drive gets reformatted).

So basically, you're good. (I think.)

PassageD

um you do know that goty is one disc with everything in no installing oblivion shivering isles and knights of te nine in one disc

twmisks123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 twmisks123
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

hey there guys and gals, well just bought the GOTY today and it is 2 Discs and it does keep your saved games it simply just tacks on the 2nd discs expansion packs :)

btw if you installed oblivion(original) and use the goty disc you would need to reinstall the new one as it doesnt keep the same data on the drive.

l8r