Oblivion GOTY edition question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cowing30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Cowing30
Member since 2007 • 450 Posts
i recently got Oblivion GOTY edition. ya i know i got it late. anyway im pretty sure that the shivering isles and knights of the nine download off the disc on to your hard drive. anyway if this is so can i download it onto my hardrive then give it to a friend and allow him to download it on his hard drive so we can both play it?
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
I believe so, unless the disc has something on it to where it only works with the other GOTY disc.
BlueTimber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BlueTimber
Member since 2004 • 722 Posts
It doesn't download to your hard drive. Even if it did, you still need the disk in the 360. If he wants to play it, he'll have to buy the GOTY edition, or the regular and download the expansions off Xbox Live. Either way, you need the disk.
mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts

It doesn't download to your hard drive. Even if it did, you still need the disk in the 360. If he wants to play it, he'll have to buy the GOTY edition, or the regular and download the expansions off Xbox Live. Either way, you need the disk.BlueTimber

**sigh** if you don't know the answer to a question, don't make something up like you do.

Yes TC, that will work just fine...

BlueTimber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BlueTimber
Member since 2004 • 722 Posts

[QUOTE="BlueTimber"]It doesn't download to your hard drive. Even if it did, you still need the disk in the 360. If he wants to play it, he'll have to buy the GOTY edition, or the regular and download the expansions off Xbox Live. Either way, you need the disk.mfp16

**sigh** if you don't know the answer to a question, don't make something up like you do.

Yes TC, that will work just fine...

Please, please do me a favor. Tell me you just said MS released a game that can be downloaded from a disk and traded to friends who can in turn download the game, and this can be repeated as many times as anyone likes. Please tell me you just said MS made it that easy for gamers to download games. Because then I can know once and for all that you're full of **** and do not know what you're talking about. You need a disk in the console to play it. You cannot stream the Shivering isles, because you can't stream the entire game. You don't start off in the Shivering isles, you have to travel to the gateway to enter it.

But as I said, please tell me MS made it that easy to download content they are charging for free of charge, and went through the trouble of making a GOTY edition which they are again, charing for. Please tell me that, so I can know without a shadow of a doubt, that you are full of **** and know nothing about which you speak. Go on.

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mfp16

Please, please do me a favor. Tell me you just said MS released a game that can be downloaded from a disk and traded to friends who can in turn download the game, and this can be repeated as many times as anyone likes. Please tell me you just said MS made it that easy for gamers to download games. Because then I can know once and for all that you're full of **** and do not know what you're talking about. You need a disk in the console to play it. You cannot stream the Shivering isles, because you can't stream the entire game. You don't start off in the Shivering isles, you have to travel to the gateway to enter it.

But as I said, please tell me MS made it that easy to download content they are charging for free of charge, and went through the trouble of making a GOTY edition which they are again, charing for. Please tell me that, so I can know without a shadow of a doubt, that you are full of **** and know nothing about which you speak. Go on.

BlueTimber

That is correct, oblivion GOTY edition comes with two disks, the first disk (the play disk) is exactly the same as the regular old oblivion disk. The second disk contains all the downloadable content for shivering isles and knights of the nine. When you put the second disk in the system it transfers all information to your HDD. You never need the second disk again. The disk has no idea thats it's been used on any system at all, so you can use it on as many different consoles as you would like. You also do not need to use a GOTY edition play disk to get it to work, a standward one works just fine.

I can say all this because I did it. Now before you continue arguing with me and making yourself look silly, why not go over the the oblivion GOTY forum and ask over there, they will tell you the same thing. The TC isn't asking whether he can drop the entire game on the HDD and walk away, you still need a playdisk (i.e. an orginal oblivion disk or a GOTY play disk).

Don't worry, everyone is wrong sometimes...

drumbreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 drumbreak1
Member since 2008 • 1316 Posts

It doesn't download to your hard drive. Even if it did, you still need the disk in the 360. If he wants to play it, he'll have to buy the GOTY edition, or the regular and download the expansions off Xbox Live. Either way, you need the disk.BlueTimber

it does dl to you rhard drive you couldnt be any more wrong lol epic phail :D

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mfp16

Here are some links for you just...

so I can know without a shadow of a doubt, that you are full of **** and know nothing about which you speak. Go on.

BlueTimber

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26532041

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/obliviongoty/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-44670668&pid=941875

ZarMulix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ZarMulix
Member since 2008 • 195 Posts
That is correct, oblivion GOTY edition comes with two disks, the first disk (the play disk) is exactly the same as the regular old oblivion disk. The second disk contains all the downloadable content for shivering isles and knights of the nine. When you put the second disk in the system it transfers all information to your HDD. You never need the second disk again. The disk has no idea thats it's been used on any system at all, so you can use it on as many different consoles as you would like. You also do not need to use a GOTY edition play disk to get it to work, a standward one works just fine.

I can say all this because I did it. Now before you continue arguing with me and making yourself look silly, why not go over the the oblivion GOTY forum and ask over there, they will tell you the same thing. The TC isn't asking whether he can drop the entire game on the HDD and walk away, you still need a playdisk (i.e. an orginal oblivion disk or a GOTY play disk).

Don't worry, everyone is wrong sometimes...

mfp16

This guy's right. End of story no matter how much you want to argue it.

Lilirch100302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Lilirch100302
Member since 2004 • 154 Posts
Wow you sir BlueTimber are a moron... you wrote all that for an EPIC FAIL.... Shivering Isles installs to the HD and you play off the first disc so yes you can let a friend install on his 360 and install and everything will work fine... please delete your account off Gamespot before you infect others of your stupidity... U SIR ARE FIRED!
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
i wounder thyat question my self in a way i think there be lock where onloy works with new disk just give it to him an test it or have him bring his copy over
gilv3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gilv3r
Member since 2006 • 1082 Posts
Sorry blue timber I have the GOTY and I let my friend download the content. Guess what. We can BOTH play the shivering isles lol. You have no idea what you are talking about. Why did you sound so sure of yourself? lololol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 55592
Member since 2003 • 828 Posts
Bring back the insecure guy! encore!
mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mfp16

i wounder thyat question my self in a way i think there be lock where onloy works with new disk just give it to him an test it or have him bring his copy over k2theswiss

there isn't any sort of "lock" it works just fine.

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#16 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

wow, alright...i guess im going to rent GOTY edition to get the extra content....BOOOYYA

thanks for the info guys

Sub-ZeroJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Sub-ZeroJoe
Member since 2007 • 377 Posts

wow, alright...i guess im going to rent GOTY edition to get the extra content....BOOOYYA

thanks for the info guys

chex81
thats what im doing as soon as i get my 360 back from repairs.
Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts
yes i had the game, then borrowed the shivering isles and knights of the nine from a friend.
Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts
i was gonna get the GOTY addisition but they were out of stok so i got collectors edition 2day i kno im late to but im always renting it and its only 25 bucks
dalafor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dalafor
Member since 2007 • 278 Posts
actualy yes i have the first oblivion but it broke when my xbo fell and i sounded like the game was being eaten so i liked the game so much that i bought it again but the goty so i complet it and the give it too a friend a 2 months later and i get bord so i get my old oblivion disc and a few trys later it works i go to the load screen and it said some object canot be used and so on so i start a new game and after an oblivion day a sign come up and says the door to watever has apeared i tought it was a glich but it wasnt it worked
Cowing30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cowing30
Member since 2007 • 450 Posts

actualy yes i have the first oblivion but it broke when my xbo fell and i sounded like the game was being eaten so i liked the game so much that i bought it again but the goty so i complet it and the give it too a friend a 2 months later and i get bord so i get my old oblivion disc and a few trys later it works i go to the load screen and it said some object canot be used and so on so i start a new game and after an oblivion day a sign come up and says the door to watever has apeared i tought it was a glich but it wasnt it workeddalafor

wow i had some serious difficulty understanding that