Nyko Intercooler EX (not the old one)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

earnhardtfan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 earnhardtfan77
Member since 2007 • 1808 Posts
I had the old nyko intercooler also which never ever gave me any problems, i had that on for about a year and now i have gotten the new intercooler ex, which has a metal power houseing now instead of plastic ( so no more melting onto the 360 problem)and added clips to make sure its connected onto the 360, for everyone who has this item have you had any complaints, or does it work perfectly fine...also how long have you had it attatched for here is a pic of the old and the new side by side http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=569611&pid=588653520&st=0&#entry588653520
Spindoc_SEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Spindoc_SEI
Member since 2005 • 1349 Posts
The question is is it still blowing air into the exhaust ports or sucking air out? If it's sucking air out then it would be better, but I would still never use such a product. I have left my 360 on for more than 30 hours straight at room temperature and never had a problem.
earnhardtfan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 earnhardtfan77
no it pulls more air out it does not blow air in
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
I have had one for a long time and it works great . I hear a lot of people that have never had one talk crap but I am telling you it works great except for a little bit more noise. IT`S WORTH EVERY PENNY!(The EX not the old one)
earnhardtfan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 earnhardtfan77
the old one never gave me any probs either and this seems to be even better built so i think its a win win, system never gets warm, even if you have your system in a cool area i think i would still put one on it
tennisacerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 tennisacerg
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts
hmmm, i might look into it; however i haven't had any problems with overheating
tonyandsteff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tonyandsteff
Member since 2007 • 407 Posts

yes it does have a metal plug now, there are clips holding it into place, and the fans do blow air OUT of the console... However, does it still draw too much power from the block???

I had heard that the power block itself is just strong enough to power the 360, not so much to power the 3 additional fans as well. I think what it does then is rob power from the 360, and you could wind up with a performance issue? The old one did this, does the EX do this too?