Notifications feature for Friends/Achievements really needs to be updated!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

So if you are like me who hates seeing everytime when one of your friends come online but like seeing the achievements pop-up then you are screwed and have to deal with it.
The only problem with turning off that Notifications feature is that it also turns off the achievements pop-up too.
I still have no idea why Microsoft hasn't changed that feature in an update to include more options like check the box next to what you want to see on screen with options like Friends then another for Achievements like I would only check achievements but no all there is is just a check box to turn this feature on and then check boxes for Show During Videos and another Play Sound.

COME ON MICROSOFT DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS IN AN UPDATE FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts

Yeah that really is an option that should be in.

I personally don't mind, but it's odd that there isn't a work around for it.

i-like-pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 i-like-pie
Member since 2005 • 4070 Posts
My friends tend to get online when I just did something important. So I just killed the boss and *pling* what is it is it a achievement? Oh nvm it is a friend :(
-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts

My friends tend to get online when I just did something important. So I just killed the boss and *pling* what is it is it a achievement? Oh nvm it is a friend :(i-like-pie

lol, that happens to me too.
It's also slightly frustrating when your trying to get some achievement for the umpteenth time.
Like some best player of the round cheevo.

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts

[QUOTE="i-like-pie"]My friends tend to get online when I just did something important. So I just killed the boss and *pling* what is it is it a achievement? Oh nvm it is a friend :(-eddy-

lol, that happens to me too.
It's also slightly frustrating when your trying to get some achievement for the umpteenth time.
Like some best player of the round cheevo.

Its even worse when the person who comes online......is the one who has the achievement!
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

This reminds me of my Gears time. I was closing in on Seriously, I had actually already passed 10000 and then some and I still didn't have it, so I knew it could come after any game played. So, I was playing as usual, the match finished and I turned around to look at my computer monitor and I heard the beep, I quickly turned around in excitement but it was just one of my friends logging in. :D

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
It would be great if they could separate them out - I'm sure most people want to see when they have got an achievement, even if they don't want to see everytime someone one their friends list comes online
PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 PiNwOrM
Member since 2005 • 2030 Posts
I also hate when it comes up during a cut-scene, especially climatic one. No better way to kill the atmosphere..
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
I also hate when it comes up during a cut-scene, especially climatic one. No better way to kill the atmosphere..PiNwOrM

I Take it as achievement unlocked for the guy in the cutscene of a game or movie:P
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

Atleast I am not the only one, as I am glad that others agree.

LUK3isH3RE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LUK3isH3RE
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts
It's not really that big of an issue, but yeah, there should be an option.